• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow it looks pretty nice in those pictures. I'd like to say it's fake but that looks really good. Wish they took another picture of it on.

Chuck

Still without luck
glad nintendo was smart to label maker a label that says confidential property

because it really needs to be slapped on there

Two new pics from reddit:

pkfWmFK.jpg

GB8lTkz.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4bn6nm/nx_controller_pictures/

Wow fake or not I LOVE how that looks.

Ashby

Info from uploader

-Only the upper 'nubs' of the sticks move. The bottom part is static (kind of like the circle pad, but it moves along the bottom 'sphere'.
-The rollers on the top feel and look pretty much identical to a mouse scroll-wheel. Though I do don't believe this will be the final design.
-Haptic feedback is feels like Apples 'taptic' engine. Not like regular rumble.
-3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom

grkazan12

Looks pretty cool, are there even haptic buttons that can compete with physical buttons yet? Apple's forcetouch works pretty well, but it needs to have more feedback.

Fuchs

Still, I'm pretty sure that this is the handheld version of the NX.
I don't know if this shape will feel comfortable while playing (I hope so!), but it looks kinda slick though.

JCX

New pics actually look much better, gives more perspective on size. It actually looks like some of the gamepad 2.0 mockups people made when we assumed they would revise it.

Wish it had pics next to Vita/3DS.

The screen doesn't seem to go past the joysticks tho, so maybe this is a newer version than the one that was leaked first?
Edit: It does. Just the reflection in the glass that made it look like it didn't.

Yeah it covers but it doesn't look like the same version to me. Looks like the sticks are a bit different with screen going inwards around the edge.
Edit: actually original pic may be like that, just never realised.

Banned
Omg it's real, it's happening and it's sexy in black.

Rösti;199010326 said:
:( I am not in favor of this development.
What no vague hexadecimal post?

How does your source feel about this?

MLH

So the lack of physical buttons is a huge turn-off for me, I'll wait for official info before making a final judgement (Nintendo needs to act soon!), but it's very hard to replace physical buttons on a capacitive screen, Nintendo's platformers will be awful.

All those years gamers have moaned about the lack of a second analogue stick on the 3DS and now it's here but at the cost of the D-pad & buttons :(

Otnopolit

Wouldn't Nintendo be all over this user if it was legit? I buy the theory that is 3D printed based on the patent given nothing has changed (from our limited perspective) and that it's way too small.

New pics actually look much better, gives more perspective on size. It actually looks like some of the gamepad 2.0 mockups people made when we assumed they would revise it.

Wish it had pics next to Vita/3DS.

It right next to a wiiu gamepad.

What is this? Thumbsticks for ants?

NateDrake

Rösti;199010326 said:
:( I am not in favor of this development.

While leaks do inflict damage because it takes the control out of Nintendo's hands to unveil the controller in proper fashion to explain its features and general functionality, why do you not favor the leak?

I think I'll finally reach out to my contacts today.

I don't understand why a developer/publisher would want to leak this stuff intentionally. Why risk legal repercussions just to feel like an internet hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom