• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid reviews Neogaffers reviews of an Uncharted 3 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintylurb

burgerdog said:
Why are people so infatuated with reviews? I haven't read a single one this year. If I'm on the fence about a game I'll wait to read gaffer impressions.
Same here. I usually wait for either duckroll's or Kag's impressions.

shintoki said:
While its true that all sides do have their moments. Lightning does keep striking for one more than others.

Uncharted 2
Uncharted 1

And a few others
Heavenly Sword
Killzone 2
So..some 360 fans think sony fans are worse than them while some sony fans think they're getting picked on more than other fans. In the end this is just another console war thread.

Amir0x said:
GAF has been way more famous before this. We even got a Gamepro story!
il7wMB9fhEzoh.gif

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
did eurogamer ever give out 10s or 9s? anyone have a list?

my problems with them is that if 50 sites give a game a 90+ rating, eurogamer will probably give it an eight. isnt that how it usually goes?

DR3AM said:

my problems with them is that if 50 sites give a game a 90+ rating, eurogamer will probably give it an eight. isnt that how it usually goes?

My problem with your problem is that you should have already taken the time to find out whether they give out 9s and 10s before comparing them with other sites and coming up short.

If a site reviews within their own scale, then what's the problem? It seems like you're looking for a reason to be upset.

DR3AM said:

And your assertion is that this is a concentrated effort to drive traffic based on controversy.

I hope I was mentioned somewhere.

Wish I could say I cared about what Destructoid said, but never a good thing to have GAF cast in a bad light. Oh well, roll with the punches, and this will be completely forgotten in less than a week.

Apdiddy

I see the Destructoid article is by Jim Sterling. I betcha he's been waiting a long time to read through the threads for 'juicy quotes' for 'his scalding article.'

Glad to see relevancy and Jim Sterling don't know each other.

ShockingAlberto said:
I feel like the worst thing that could happen to Uncharted-GAF now is if Skyward Sword gets a bad review and Zelda fans (sparing a few crazies) don't react like bulldogs fed gunpowder.
Well they've already been there and done that.

JohngPR

All of this is stupid, from GAF'ers overreacting, to the gaming press overreacting to the overreactions.

Out of 49 reviews, only 3 of them were below 9.

the madman

Neo Member
I don't know...Sterling's hyperbole's a bit obnoxious too. Repeatedly using the word "scary" to describe fanboyism on the internet seems like an overreaction in itself

BattleMonkey said:
They must not visit GameFaqs much

So? I thought GAF was suppose to be a cut above that.

Over the last few days/weeks, GAF has turned into semi-tardville with some of the reactions to reviews. Can't wait for this part of the year to piss off and we can get back to the turgid-yet-reliable "What's your favourite (insert Nintendo franchise) (insert dungeon/level/character/villain)?" threads.

Pylon_Trooper said:
So? I thought GAF was suppose to be a cut above that.

Over the last few days/weeks, GAF has turned into semi-tardville with some of the reactions to reviews. Can't wait for this part of the year to piss off and we can get back to the turgid-yet-reliable "What's your favourite (insert Nintendo franchise) (insert dungeon/level/character/villain)?" threads.

Man, if the silly season started out like this can you imagine how intense shit is going to get before that? Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

this is why we can't take reviews seriously anymore. If a reviewer gives a game a less then stellar review, the fanboys pop out and declare all out war. Throw in all the bribing, review packages, publishers delaying review discs, ect, journalists can't even be honest about games any more without getting backlash from the community and the publishers.

Soon the rating system will compose of 7-10 or worse, 9.0-10.0, as oppsed to 0-10.

The saddest part about all of this is that game reviews are one of the few mediums which have enough content which could be standardized. Technical aspects for example.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I still have faith in GAF but I'm not going to lie, the past few days have been absolutely mediocre in terms of how people have been acting.

Demon Ice

Banned
the madman said:
I don't know...Sterling's hyperbole's a bit obnoxious too. Repeatedly using the word "scary" to describe fanboyism on the internet seems like an overreaction in itself

It's not nearly as obnoxious as the UC3 review thread.

les papillons sexuels said:
not at all.
They posted a post-review article about the reaction of their article. That seems like a pretty troll-ish move to me. I haven't followed much of the Uncharted review drama besides that one Sessler review which wasn't very good.

jim-jam bongs said:
Man, if the silly season started out like this can you imagine how intense shit is going to get before that? Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

You're making me sob bitter tears, man. Tears of anguish more bitter than the petulant dummy-spitting certain bell-ends are proffering at this point.

Hell, people shouldn't complain of overt marketing or games journalism being a mouthpiece for publishers - if this is the reaction we have to deal with, it's plain to see how malleable the average gamer is and how easy a target they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom