• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details released on Nintendo World at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida

Tripon

AEbWDvM.jpg

http://www.news965.com/news/local/l...and-universal-orlando/X0vWtX5fdxrq7qWeL7SaEL/
http://www.wftv.com/news/local/deta...rld-at-universal-studios-in-orlando/533897857

Instead of quoting the whole story to read the important parts. I'll just do a brief outline instead.

- The Orlando park will have a major part of the Kid Zone closed for Nintendo World. [What Universal Studios will call the Nintendo part of the park.]

- There will be a Mario Kart ride, a moving track ride where people wear AR glasses to help simulate playing in a race in Mario Kart as you move though.

- Donkey Kong roller coaster, with floating coins held magnetically in order to help add some interactive elements.

Nothing was officially released.

This is an old leak that is no longer representative of the final product.

Everything but Mario and DK are gone.

That map is not of Universal Orlando, so whatever this ends up being in the US it won't be exactly like that.

Edit: As others pointed out, I was visualizing this totally different in my head, so yes I agree now this map is definitely of Orlando.

That map is not of Universal Orlando, so whatever this ends up being in the US it won't be exactly like that.

This leak was already confirmed to be actual proposal documents for Nintendo land at UO. The layout is correct.

As much as I love it, Nintendo Land deserves the land ET is on too.

They need ET as a people eater.

As much as I'd like Nintendo World to be a sprawling mega land (it already is by all accounts), ET is a classic ride and deserves an extended rehab and entrance redo. How cool would it be if Universal extended the wooded area theming to the queue prior to entering the building and rethemed the preshow video and ride pass rooms to fit?

Dyle

Wow, totally thought that that plan was a fake one when it leaked out a couple weeks ago. The Entry portal area seems like it will be jam packed with stuff, I guess it will have to built up over two levels. Otherwise it looks like a great addition, if only Universal gave this kind of attention to Islands of Adventure nowadays, Toon Lagoon/Seuss Land could both greatly benefit from some big investment.

Sethista

I know this is a rumor but I hope they dont use kirby as a major attractino. I would rather they focus on DK / Mario / Zelda and use all space for different experiences in these franchises.

A ride where you get to play level 1 of super mario would be awesome.

Hyrule kingdom would rule as well, maybe with a princess zelda castle...?

These franchises would already fill an entire park.

NoKisum

Still can't believe that Universal can finally start making money off of Donkey Kong. 30+ years in the making.

bman94

Let go of your demons Universal. Tear down E.T., it is easily the ugliest, outdated and most boring attraction at the park. We don't need it. And take Men In Black away too. Damn ride shuts down everytime I ride it.

It's a damn shame that Jaws, Twister, King Kong (is Disaster/Earthquake still there?), all got closed down and replaced but E.T. still lives. It's not even close to busy in that playground area period.

Still can't believe that Universal can finally start making money off of Donkey Kong. 30+ years in the making.

The long con.

NSESN

Only Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Pokemon, with pokemon presence being pitiful is really disappointing.
They could add so much: Fire Emblem castles, Metroid space atractions, Splatoon paintball, Animal crossing mini towns.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Only Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Pokemon, with pokemon presence being pitiful is really disappointing.
They could add so much: Fire Emblem castles, Metroid space atractions, Splatoon paintball, Animal crossing mini towns.

Haha you really think fire emblem is mainstream enough for a us theme park? Those 4 are plenty and it will look be amazing if it happens. Please keep ET though crush everything else, including shitty men in Black.

This is not a theme park. It's a land....

You're not even getting the IPs you listed. That would be far too much for one expansion. Creative likely realized they were trying to do to much.

Three major attractions is amazing for an expansion like this. Be happy with Mariokart, DK, and Yoshi (?).

NSESN

Haha you really think fire emblem is mainstream enough for a us theme park? Those 4 are plenty and it will look be amazing if it happens. Please keep ET though crush everything else, including shitty men in Black.

A small atraction yes. It is Nintendo World, not Mario World +Zelda and Kirby.

Dyle

A small atraction yes. It is Nintendo World, not Mario World +Zelda and Kirby.

Give it time. This project alone will likely cost somewhere around $100-200 million, especially if the tech on some of the rides is this new. Besides Mario, Zelda, DK, and Kirby are magnitudes larger and more popular in the general public than Metroid, Fire Emblem, or Splatoon. If those franchises ever get a ride, it won't be until after they've proven themselves to be big names among non-gamers.

Gartooth

This was the initial pitch for the land going by what was said on the Inside Universal forums. So the plan is Mario Kart, DK, and Yoshi being the big rides. It would be interesting to see the Zelda ride materialize in phase 2.

Tregard

Soothsayer

Third Gate, believe

Vidiot

If it's just Mario stuff why bother to call it a Nintendo theme park expansion and not just a Mario one? Meh either way I love Mario games but if thats the only theme of the attraction I can live without ever visiting.

You just know Spielberg has the final say to tear down ET since he made the movie for every ride.

So Universal is using their patents to make Donkey Kong and Mario Kart. This is going to be awesome.

This was the initial pitch for the land going by what was said on the Inside Universal forums. So the plan is Mario Kart, DK, and Yoshi being the big rides. It would be interesting to see the Zelda ride materialize in phase 2.

Yeah that map is not representative, no Zelda or Super Mario World ride. (You could argue there's a Super Mario World 2 ride)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No Samus space ride or Metroid "shoot al metroid" like the one from Toy Story :(

I don't know why anyone expects Metroid anything for this. Nintendo doesn't treat it like a top tier franchise, it sure as hell isn't going to be a priority for theme park attractions. I'm surprised there isn't anything Zelda related in the first phase though

edit - oh I guess that map is real, nm then.

muteki

They need ET as a people eater.

As much as I'd like Nintendo World to be a sprawling mega land (it already is by all accounts), ET is a classic ride and deserves an extended rehab and entrance redo. How cool would it be if Universal extended the wooded area theming to the queue prior to entering the building and rethemed the preshow video and ride pass rooms to fit?
They can make a Nintendo-themed people eater that guests will actually be willing to fill a queue up for and then some. Maybe for a phase 2.

Top Bottom