• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF: Possible missing gaffer [Not missing :P]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

This thread is a long time coming, but I and a few others are worried about this paticular gaffer and his odd last post before dissapearing from the forums. This gaffers name is FreeMufasa.

Now this started a few months back when Mufasa stated he was going to visit Japan from his native Britain. he seemed pretty excted about it, talking about the various things he might do there and other stuff. He posted when he was at the airport and when he got there, so everything was going smoothly.

Well i'm off to the airport, going to Japan. See you guys in 2 weeks!

or 2 hours, depending on how bored I am at the airport

Will do. I'm in transit at hong kong now. I do find it funny though that the first racism I experienced here was from white people. Literally 5 mins after getting off,a German couple I was queuing behind said something like "They have Negroes/Niggers here too?" They probably thought I didn't understand. Couldn't be bothered to say anything to people I'll never see again so i just gave them the "I understood that look" and the dude never looked at me again.

However a few days later we get this post:

I've fucked up big time guys. Fuck.

And nothing else. That post was made March 28 of this year and he hasn't posted since. Immediately after he posted we thought he was talking about him messing up with some Japanese girls wanting he big dikku or something and thought nothing of it. A few of us even joked that maybe he gave the dikku to the wrong Japanese girls that were involved with the Yakuza or something. It was all funny, until we noticed he never explained the reason for his post nor did he ever post again after that.

Now we come to today where it has been 5 good months since his post and we have no idea where this dude is. Based on what he said previously, he should have been back from his trip in April, but we still have nothing. If any gaf detectives could maybe get his info to see where this dude is it would be helpful, because the circumstances involving his disappearance from gaf is just too odd to go unnoticed.

here are a few more details about him in the UK thread:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34609939&postcount=207

His activity:
Last Post: 03-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Last Activity: 03-28-2012 06:59 AM

z6jzs.jpg

Izick

That last post is downright eerie, considering the circumstances. Hopefully he just got bored with Gaf or something and hasn't posted since; hopefully he's alright.

Amagon

He could be in one of those wacky game shows where they kidnapped the guy, stick him in a small apartment for a year with no contact with the outside world and only lives on rice and whatever mail contest prizes that the dude is only allowed to partake and keep the winnings.

That last post is downright eerie, considering the circumstances. Hopefully he just got bored with Gaf or something and hasn't posted since; hopefully he's alright.

That's all we want to know really. There was just nothing afterwards and it's almost 6 months later.

I find it hard to believe he got himself into so much trouble that he has been imprisoned for 5 months without access to the internet, but despite knowing that he committed a major "fuck up", decided to only post a short, one sentence blurb. You would think that in such a moment, he would at least post what he had done or give some indication.

I highly doubt Yakuza were chasing him down the alley and that was the only thing he had enough time to type out before being dragged away. "Yakuza fuck help me" is about the same length.

Unicorn

I find it hard to believe he got himself into so much trouble that he has been imprisoned for 5 months without access to the internet, but despite knowing that he committed a major "fuck up", decided to only post a short, one sentence blurb. You would think that in such a moment, he would at least post what he had done or give some indication.

I highly doubt Yakuza were chasing him down the alley and that was the only thing he had enough time to type out before being dragged away. "Yakuza fuck help me" is about the same length.

GAF priorities man.

smurfx

get some go again
did this guy do drugs? maybe he took something with him and got caught? don't know why you guys think it was yakuza related. then again he might of wanted to stop posting under that name and went out with a bang.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's been awhile I remember going a month without Internet when I moved to Japan..

Who knows...

lexi

Banned
I've often wondered if GAFfers have died or been kidnapped or sent to a foreign prison and nobody ever really noticed they disappeared.

I hope he's okay.

EVOL 100%

Did he actually ever show any indication that he wanted to quit though?

There's some folks that committed account suicides seemingly out of nowhere though, I hope it's that.

MormaPope

Banned
What makes it even more eerie and sad is this thread he made http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452459&highlight=

Anyone here done that? Care to share your experience?

For the past 3 years, me and a few friends have tried to organise a trip to Japan but whenever we get close to the intended time, everyone backs out for a reason or two. It's easy to arrange a trip to France or some place close in Europe but once on Asia and the Americas, it's harder.

I've come to the conclusion that waiting on friends for this could mean it'll never happen so i've thought about doing it solo. I've never done this as all my holidays have been with either family, friends or me going to stay with someone. I just wanted to get some views on a few gaffers that have done this.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm definately going to do this now. Reading comments about how it can be like an adventure have got me excited. I'd also want to do it, just to experience it.

Izick

Did he actually ever show any indication that he wanted to quit though?

There's some folks that committed account suicides seemingly out of nowhere though, I hope it's that.

Account suicide is one thing, but leading people on to believe something nefarious has happened to you is another. I don't know him that well, but I don't think it's the latter. I don't think someone would do that. The least they could do is make a mistake and visit the site while logged in. I just don't want to believe someone would set that up and make people worry like that.

jaxword

Isn't it a bit depressing to immediately assume that if someone doesn't login to neogaf that they must be dead or in jail?

What if they just got bored and found something else to do?

However, if people are truly concerned, they should try and track him down on other internet sites.

Example: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30921955&postcount=1937

He plays FF11 and 14. Maybe check his accounts on those games? Anyone know his account names? Using those can lead to other sites he may be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom