• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit Become Human launches on 25th of May 2018

Komatsu

I'll say that I'm excited for it. B2S was incredibly boring and I'm super fond of HR's controls, but I'll always support dense, narrative-heavy single-player games. Especially now, where so much of gaming discourse is taken up by MOBAs, BR, etc.

OK, now what sort of tomfoolery is this - the release footage looks better than the demo reels. This was true also with the God of War E3 reveal vs. the actual game.

This trend needs to stop! Bring back the bullshots!

Do you really think that it looks better compared? With this and GOW they both looked worse. Much less detailed, with flashy techniques to appear like it actually looks good.

Oh god, playing this with Alexa in the background sounds amazing. They should also have done a Playlink episode or missions for this game. Also the game looks amazing despite the downgrade in colors and light (which is really fucking annoying I'll give you that).

Last edited:
What's with the Depth Of Field? Too much IMO and spoils the graphics quite a bit. I mean most of the time you can't see even 5-10m away as blurry as fuck!

I hope there's an option to time it down or they change it and stop overusing it for using it's sake.

Other than that, I may purchase day 1. Liked it.

Edit. Even 1-2m away when slightly to the sides iirc.

Last edited:

Heshimik

Neo Member
Going to play it day one for sure! I loved heavy rain, enjoyed indigo and beyond 2 souls as well. Been looking forward to this over any other release this year actually.

Oh god, playing this with Alexa in the background sounds amazing. They should also have done a Playlink episode or missions for this game. Also the game looks amazing despite the downgrade in colors and light (which is really fucking annoying I'll give you that).

Can you elaborate a little bit more of Alexa functionality..what exactly is that? Thx.

still have my pre order set because i got it for $50CAD...not sure if I should keep it tho.

Convince me GAF. (ill be playing State of Decay 2, Dark Souls Remastered, Fortnite and hopefully Beyond Two Souls since its on PS+)

Hostile_18

Banned
I just find it so hard to believe it's going to be between 20-25 hours to complete.

How long did Beyond and Heavy Rain take roughly? If it's accurate it will be a day 1 purchase for me after all... but I'm highly sceptical. :)

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I just find it so hard to believe it's going to be between 20-25 hours to complete.

How long did Beyond and Heavy Rain take roughly? If it's accurate it will be a day 1 purchase for me after all... but I'm highly sceptical. :)

Both were between 10-15 hours I think, so this is considerably larger.

Hostile_18

Banned
Both were between 10-15 hours I think, so this is considerably larger.

That's pretty much what I thought.

The 20-25 hour figure must be massaged somehow, even more so when you think a character or all of them can die at various points. Maybe seeing every possible outcome/scene variation this is correct, but that would be a very different thing to traditional game length.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

prag16

Banned
As a Detroiter, I'm deeply offended that this pussy game is named after my city. That is all.
As a QD fan, I'm offended that this GoTY candidate is named after such a garbage city.

Am I doing it right or should I have used pussy, or a gay slur?

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Well given Sony had loads of confidence to release God of War reviews a week (?) before release, I wonder if this bodes badly?

I still want the play time confirmed before I lay down £52.
I don't know how much to read into it. Other times embargoes have been ON launch day, or even the day after (can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but it's happened).

RE the play time (for a single playthrough) there seems to be a range of conflicting, unconfirmed info. As little as 8 hours and as much as 25. I'd be happy with 12-15; doubt it'll be higher than that based on the amount of branching we can expect.

Last edited:

nowhat

I'd be happy with 12-15; doubt it'll be higher than that based on the amount of branching we can expect.
That seems like a reasonable estimate, and something I'd be satisfied with. If (and only if) there are meaningful different endings depending on player choice, so you can replay it. Going by the demo, there's no way that the six eventual outcomes would all affect the plot at large (there'd be too much branching), but we'll see how much the player really influences the story.

As to the review embargo lifting so close to release, it's not something unheard of. Quite common really nowadays - the fact that GoW and Horizon both had their embargos lifted a week (or so) before release is more of an exception than a rule.

Top Bottom