• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit Lions Fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmag

Why didn't they put Megatron in the end zone on the hail mary? Most teams defending an obvious hail mary will use tall wide receivers if they have them rather than shorter linebackers.

Can anyone summarize the shame that is the Detroit Lions for us non NFL fans.

I watch, on average, a half a game of football every year. The latter half of every Thanksgiving Lions game so I can spend time with my dad and uncles. Let me give you a perspective of Lions fans from a non-sports fan who as witnessed and lived among them for his whole life.

Imagine the Lions fan as a man of middle age, hunched and bowed from a life of hard work and bad fortune. He is sitting on a hard stool in the middle of a furnace. The man has a piece of hard wood in one hand, a small and dull knife in the other. He has been sitting his whole life on this stool, sharp pains lancing up his back and down his leg. He has been whittling this hard wood with this knife all that time, making something beautiful, one day. He is untouched by the flames of the furnace around him, but it is constantly consuming his sculpture every time it begins to take a form that pleases him.

He is a Lions fan.

Only the Lions could leave a receiver that open on a Hail Mary.

Oh well, maybe we'll get a good draft pick this year after all. And fire Caldwell.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
RosjZC0.png

The Salty Skipper without a Bay

WedgeX

Banned

I wish I had a Cleveland Browns fan to hold me right now.

Some recent games that were way worse than this one:

2010 opener against the Bears that ended with Calvin getting robbed of the game-winning TD

Losing Stafford to injury and the lead in the final moments against the Jets in 2010

Matt Flynn having the greatest performance in Packers history in the final game of the 2011 season with half the Packer's starters benched and playing against a Lions team that was desperately fighting to win in GB for the first time in decades.

Colts scoring 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes in Luck's rookie year, including the game winner as time expired.

2012 Thanksgiving game against the Texans when they got screwed because Schwartz throwing a challenge on a scoring play, thus nullifying the review which would have showed that it wasn't a TD. Not to mention Jason Hanson missing what would have been the game winning FG in OT.

Justin Tucker going 6/6 on field goals, including kicking the 61 yarder to beat the Lions on MNF and essentially end their season in 2013.

Last years WC playoff against the Cowboys

Calvin fumbling at the 1 yard-line against the Seahawks

All of these.

Got dang it.

Got drunk last night watching us suck in Detroit. Passed out with around 4 or 5 minutes left in the game.

Woke up today thinking we lost. Come on GAF and see we won.

13793980811806965765.GIF

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I went to bed at the end of the third, Lions up a TD, knowing we were going to give away that game.

Lions fans know this is a minor blip on the shitty loss radar...

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Why didn't they put Megatron in the end zone on the hail mary? Most teams defending an obvious hail mary will use tall wide receivers if they have them rather than shorter linebackers.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Megatron would've probably caught that shit.

UberTag

Can anyone summarize the shame that is the Detroit Lions for us non NFL fans.
Bottle up the sense of disappointment that it was to be a Buffalo Bills fan from 1991 to 1994 and losing four consecutive Super Bowls... and then imagine if that was your everyday life over the span of several decades.

That is the life of a Detroit Lions fan. It's like losing the Super Bowl every time you watch your team play.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
as a long time fan i knew this was coming by half time when once again, the defense served up a shut out in the first half and the Lions offense failed to seal the deal and score ONE more touchdown in 3 quarters, Matthew Fattford spotted the opposing team a turnover , and was doing his patented "slinging" of the ball. I knew it was coming because it has happened for the past 2 years, the defense even while depleted is still above avg. But boy did we bet the whole farm for a mediocre quarterback, while simultaneously telling defensive players to really "hustle and prove you want to be on the team". I'm glad the owner cleared house , the rest will be gone soon enough and if i had my way i'd cut Fattford and his contract. Unless its an absolute blow out he cannot ice a game.

After the way the Browns lost on Monday this just looks like a regular football game to me.
Bottle up the sense of disappointment that it was to be a Buffalo Bills fan from 1991 to 1994 and losing four consecutive Super Bowls... and then imagine if that was your everyday life over the span of several decades.

That is the life of a Detroit Lions fan. It's like losing the Super Bowl every time you watch your team play.
Detroit Lions fans don't even know what it feels like to lose a Super Bowl.

HiResDes

I like Rogers and the Packers, but someone needs to post an up close picture of that alleged facemask...Twas complete bullshit.

diffusionx

Gold Member
On one hand: this is one of the most brutal losses I've seen.

On the other hand: it's the Lions, they were 4-7, even if they won this something else would have happened later. This wasn't exactly Bill Buckner.

I like Rogers and the Packers, but someone needs to post an up close picture of that alleged facemask...Twas complete bullshit.

In the moment, in real time, that would get called every time.

spyder_ur

In the span of three days the Browns lost via a blocked kick return when they were kicking a winning field goal in a tie game and the Lions lost on a hail mary after a botched penalty call on what would have been the last play of the game. Incredible. Never change, Browns and Lions.

Is that Ted Cruz above or am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom