• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex HR Reviews Thread

Amir0x said:
i think i will actually go around that group and systematically slaughter them all. How dare they even watch such tripe!

Watch a break dancer in my neighborhood, will ya?

Then you have to kill yourself for watching it D:

Amir0x

Banned
Green Scar said:
Then you have to kill yourself for watching it D:

I am the man controlling the puppet! He will save me for the end, after he has solved this case.

Also, I will take particular care in torturing the characters who have blue hair like that chick in the photo. Blue hair, really? We're in a piss filter reality! Everyone knows blue is passé in yellow haze worlds.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
if that subway is still active, I'm gonna KO or tranquilize everyone in the area, then toss them in a pile on the tracks and watch them get turned into goo

Mindlog

I have been staying away from the previews.
I tried to stay far away from preview build impressions.
I did not want to get hyped. I have been burned too many times by devs turning storied franchises into shit.

I have my pre-order confirmed.
I am now hyped.

wubwubwubwubwubWOBwubwubwubwubWOB

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Mikey Jr. said:
MGS4 had a lot of positive reviews as well.

I'm going to wait a month and see how everything shakes out.

Difference is that people have played this already. But yes, MGS 4 is the most grossly overrated game ever.

DaBuddaDa said:
Canceling my pre-order after the Metacritic score dropped all the way down to 89%. I don't buy games that are worse than Dead Space 2.

I'd like to give a big F U to Gamespot & all those sites giving this game mid to lower 8's.

There is so much more in this game's design & feature list than every game they reviewed a 9+ over the years.

I'm never visiting or clicking on anything Gamespot from now on.

Technosteve said:
I await the Idle Thumb Review.
;_; return podcast of forever return for one last mission

I also declare that 2011 is the Third Renaissance for PC Gaming

I'm going to be stalking Remo on Steam to see if he plays the game tomorrow.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
From the RPS
" Remember when first-person games were complex, multifarious, and had a quicksave? Remember Thief, Deus Ex, Bloodlines? It’s that place, that brain-massaging, hair-stroking safe place of excellence that it was getting hard to remember ever really happened."

This completely comforts me about my first Day 1 Perch in years.

See You Next Wednesday said:
I'd like to give a big F U to Gamespot & all those sites giving this game mid to lower 8's.

There is so much more in this game's design & feature list than every game they reviewed a 9+ over the years.

I think most following the game expected it. The game clearly has some jank going on, which will get knocked down for on many sights. It seems to go for ambition over polish, which never particularly responses well on dated systems.

Paches

shintoki said:
From the RPS
" Remember when first-person games were complex, multifarious, and had a quicksave? Remember Thief, Deus Ex, Bloodlines? It’s that place, that brain-massaging, hair-stroking safe place of excellence that it was getting hard to remember ever really happened."

This completely comforts me about my first Day 1 Perch in years.

Funny, Ben Kuchera from Ars said quick save is a negative. Sad times. One of the many things I wish a lot of PC games would stop adapting is waypoint only saving on PC ports of console games.

Fjordson

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Any word about console versions? I have both a ps3 and 360.
They're fine. Apparently controlling with a gamepad works great.

Haven't seen any PS3 vs. 360 comparisons, though.

kevin-v

Neo Member
See You Next Wednesday said:

It also has a great number of flaws that many folks are glossing over or are pretending don't exist. I don't know about those other places, but at least at GS, an 8.5 means super-great. Seems odd to get all huffy about a site that would call a super-great game (and a game with many clear flaws) super-great.

FateBreaker said:
Whaaa? Blue Dragon 6.0, Lost Odyssey 7.5, Final Fantasy XIII 8.5??? Yeah, right, spot-on.

You're right; Blue Dragon was crazy. I totally overrated that game, what with its screechy one-note characters and bland overworld. I am assuming that's what you meant, of course ;)

Zenith

Banned
There are things you'll want to stop and look at for minutes at a time because you won't believe someone designed a 'Forever Alone' Post-It note and stuck it on a desk where only one percent of players will ever see it and even fewer will ever get it.

heh.

wabo

Banned
pauljeremiah said:
I'm sure Digital Foundry will have one by this time next week.
Lens of Truth published one of its "face-to-face-where-we-don't-explain-a-technical-shit-just-want-users-trolling-for-its-platform" but, yes, DF will going to the rescue.

Snuggler said:
It's the only way to play Deus Ex, as far as I'm concerned. I posted this in the OT, but it's worth a repost:

a4c1af7e1e9c65938ad4558ac21dd4a63e427eb5.gif

In Deus Ex HR, you can punch the shit out of a break dancer, what more could we ask for?

Does someone have the gif with the hooker getting Undertaker Choke Slammed? lol

epmode

wutwutwut said:
My SSD is ready.
I'd totally go with this if Steam wasn't already on a regular HDD. I didn't want to get involved in that crazy drive aliasing/mirroring/whatevering thing that people are doing, but..

psykomyko

Would my PC be able to run this at, at least medium settings?

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7400
2.80 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

I am so tempted to just get it on GMG for $34 instead of getting it on console. Would much rather play it on PC, but I don't have that great of a PC.

psykomyko said:
Would my PC be able to run this at, at least medium settings?

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7400
2.80 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

I am so tempted to just get it on GMG for $34 instead of getting it on console. Would much rather play it on PC, but I don't have that great of a PC.

I wouldnt risk it.

Edit: Well.... Maybe. Its tough to say.

Maffis

FateBreaker said:
I'm really impressed with these reviews. I've never played a Deus Ex game, but I think I might start with this one tomorrow.

Whaaa? Blue Dragon 6.0, Lost Odyssey 7.5, Final Fantasy XIII 8.5??? Yeah, right, spot-on.

Scores seems fine to me.

87 for the Witcher 2 and 88 for Human Revolution. Clearly games press is biased in favor of guns. But either, I think its fitting that the two best games this year would score so similarly.

WTF? How did this happen? Solid Comeback. Would be interested to read impressions from longtime Deus Ex fans. Haven't played any Deus Ex so this will be my first.

Chairhome

Derrick01 said:
This is amazing because I want to do that to every break dancer I see, and finally a game comes along that lets me do it.
As someone who breakdances, I find this statement offensive. :-/

charsace

MirageDwarf said:
WTF? How did this happen? Solid Comeback. Would be interested to read impressions from longtime Deus Ex fans. Haven't played any Deus Ex so this will be my first.
I played through and beat the two previous games at the times of their releases. Based on the preview I think this could be the best Deus Ex game with IW being a distant 3rd(and I didn't hate IW).

kswiston

Lostconfused said:
87 for the Witcher 2 and 88 for Human Revolution. Clearly games press is biased in favor of guns. But either, I think its fitting that the two best games this year would score so similarly.

Creative but slightly janky always leads to worse reviews Day 1 then safe and polished. Maybe rightly so, because jankiness is an obvious flaw. However, the jank can be patched over time (officially, or by the gaming community). Uninspired/safe game design cannot.

Top Bottom