• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC DEBUG MENU unlocked

Rez said:
NoHealthRegen is false.

Whoever double negatived this setting needs to shot or slapped on the wrist or both.
I publicly shame developers for doing that, it's the only way they learn. A common one is deactivated_flag.

squidyj

Rez said:
NoHealthRegen is false.

Whoever double negatived this setting needs to shot or slapped on the wrist or both.

Dude they're just being efficient, duh, it takes less energy to store a zero than a one!

Forkball

Debug menu should be automatically in all PC games. It's a lot of fun to screw around with it in New Vegas. And sometimes necessary due to glitches.

I am pretty sure the Hide HUD isn't working. Also the Access Door Cheat Unlock doesn't work either...

But still, I couldn't be happier and I love the Burger Menu now!

Rez said:
NoHealthRegen is false.

If I had to guess, it's because health regeneration rate is variable between difficulty levels and the prologue. Probably not.

jim-jam bongs said:
I publicly shame developers for doing that, it's the only way they learn. A common one is deactivated_flag.

One that used to drive me crazy at my old company was a configuration setting that was among the security options for our call management system; users must enter a password when "No Password Required" = No ;)

Sophuis

Neo Member
Augmented Edition weapons AND the mission? I am so there.
But first I have to finish my "punch out EVERYONE" playthrough.

Question: when those weapons are active, like the double barrel shotgun, do the ammo drops that were in the press release also activate? I remember there being shotgun ammo drops in the first mission when you had that shotgun with you.

Oh my god, YES! I always asked for this.

This sort of stuff really takes this game even further toward godhood. I just hope Steamworks features don't spaz out due to this.

The English Conquistador said:
Does removing the HUD work? Because I'd be willing to make a third playthrough just to take pictures without the HUD.

Sadly no.

First mod is here!

This mod aims to improve the inventory item stacking and item inventory grid sizes of the base game - it doesn't change anything else.

Updated stacks:
1.) all ammo now stacks to 65.5k
2.) all consumables now stack to 65.5k
3.) all mines now stack to 65.5k
4.) AUD's and R-DED now stack to 65.5k
5.) all "stims" now stack to 65.5k

Items that didn't stack:
5.) all grenades now stack, up to 65.5k
6.) all alchohol now stacks, up to 255
7.) all weapon mods now stack, up to 255

Inventory Grid Sizes:
All weapon mod kits are 2x1
All "small" ammo is 1x1
All "large" ammo is 2x1
All mines and R-DED are 1x1
Energy bars & boxes of bars are 1x1
Energy powder jugs are 1x2

Weapon Sizes:
All weapons are 1 grid-unit shorter in height, and (usually) 2 grids shorter in width.

To install the mod, just back up and then replace your existing patch0.000 in the Deus Ex install directory with the patch0.000 included in this archive.
Deus Ex is usually installed to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\

To get the mod to affect an existing save, just drop all of your present inventory and pick it back up - anything that can stack will do so.
To get the mod to affect a new game, just start the game and the mod will kick in automatically.

If Eidos patches the game and changes the patch0.000 file, the mod will stop working - this won't affect your present ammo stacks, but anything new will start a new stack, and if you drop a "superstack" and pick it back up, it will split into normal stacks. When Eidos patches the game, I will endeavour to update this mod to reflect Eidos' changes and still retain superstack functionality.

Download it from here: http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb220832/deusex_hr/DXHR_smaller_guns_v1.01.rar

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
From the list of changes it doesnt appear to 'improve' shit, but instead making inventory management far easier. The whole idea of the limited inventory and stacking is to prevent you from carrying absolutely everything the game, or chosing to buy the inventory expansion aug.

EatChildren said:
From the list of changes it doesnt appear to 'improve' shit, but instead making inventory management far easier. The whole idea of the limited inventory and stacking is to prevent you from carrying absolutely everything the game, or chosing to buy the inventory expansion aug.

Just about the only positive change would be stacking of the advanced energy bars and grenades, but stacking to 65,000 is ridiculous for anything.

epmode

That mod sounds like a disaster. I love that we actually have to make some tough decisions regarding the inventory.

Aaron

I like the limited stack in the base game, but those damn weapon mods shouldn't be larger than the weapons they're modding.

Aaron said:
I like the limited stack in the base game, but those damn weapon mods shouldn't be larger than the weapons they're modding.
I agree but the grenade stacking bugged me. Never understood why they wouldn't.

Anyone have success opening the "zoo" map or whatever it is? Haha

Deadbeat

Banned
Aaron said:
This is the only one I agree with. Changing ammo/item stack amounts is dumb. It was designed like that for a reason.

Enco

Any mod to increase the regen of energy to more than one bar?

Such an awful decision by the devs. Makes things like cloak nearly useless. Also prevents you from doing cool invisible takedowns.

Ryuuga

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
. Also the Access Door Cheat Unlock doesn't work either...

When you come across a lock mechanism type anything (random numbers for the numerical and letters for the alphanumerical passwords)

JohngPR

Revolutionary said:
Hmm, seems like I can unlock the DLC mission through Shop in the Debug Menu.

Suck it down, Gamestop.

Has anyone actually gotten it to work? You can unlock the objective but when you get to the door you'd have to enter to reach the first leg of the mission, it's hard locked.

:(

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I am pretty sure the Hide HUD isn't working. Also the Access Door Cheat Unlock doesn't work either...

But still, I couldn't be happier and I love the Burger Menu now!

Crap. That's the only thing I want out of this.

Ryuuga said:
When you come across a lock mechanism type anything (random numbers for the numerical and letters for the alphanumerical passwords)
Oh awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Can get rid of all my aud now.

Deadbeat

Banned
Does anyone know the button to complete/uncomplete quests? Im trying to debug that quest bug I had with
Sandoval
. I can select primary objectives and make them complete but I cant undo them. Is there a different button I press or can I only complete quests and thats it?

The commands im using are in the shop category.

aeolist

Banned
Will use this to cheat pass the last two bosses on my no kill run

I can already tell they wouldn't be worth the frustration

JohngPR

Gully State said:
So can the preorder DLC missions be unlocked?

Yes they can. I exited the game and reloaded the save and then the door was available. Note that you have to be at a certain section of the game to play it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
In before this is patched out or made a bitch to unlock again?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Enco said:
Any mod to increase the regen of energy to more than one bar?

Such an awful decision by the devs. Makes things like cloak nearly useless. Also prevents you from doing cool invisible takedowns.

I'd also like to know this.

Respawn

Banned
EatChildren said:
yup

Fixed1979

TheSeks said:
In before this is patched out or made a bitch to unlock again?

Good call, automatic downloads are now turned off turned off.

JohngPR said:
Yes they can. I exited the game and reloaded the save and then the door was available. Note that you have to be at a certain section of the game to play it.

What the mission called? I though it was
Tong's Rescue
but I don't see it in the list. Which part of the game is the door?

Blizzard

Banned
Fixed1979 said:
Good call, automatic downloads are now turned off turned off.
If you mean on Steam, have you verified that even works? Check your setting after you play Deus Ex a few times and see if it's still turned off. My understanding is that it just disables automatic downloads if you're not PLAYING the game. If you try to play a game you're still forced to update to the latest version if any is available.

I have posted this in a bunch of threads and never been proved wrong, so I'm continuing to hold the belief. :p

If a Deus Ex HR update comes out in the next month or two (perhaps for the DLC) and you're able to still play the game without getting that update, then that will be good to know.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I've been playing this on the lowest settings available. I really like the look for some reason, with these gameplay tweaks the game'll be perfect! Can't wait to try it out

Top Bottom