• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC DEBUG MENU unlocked

would love someone to mod the energy thing to regen fully for all the other bars. Make the battery augs useful.

Stealth is broken already, so this doesn't really break the game much. Just makes it less annoying.

Or just give me the option to melee without battery like a man.

pahamrick

chickdigger802 said:
would love someone to mod the energy thing to regen fully for all the other bars. Make the battery augs useful.

Stealth is broken already, so this doesn't really break the game much. Just makes it less annoying.

Or just give me the option to melee without battery like a man.

Something I've been using for that.

Get CheatEngine 6.1 installed (http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php)

Then do the following

1) Start up DE:HR and load into whatever game you want to play
2) ALT + TAB out of the game
3) Start up CheatEngine
4) Click the Computer icon under File to select a process, select dxhr.exe
5) Click the Table menu, then click Show Cheat Table Lua Script
6) Paste in the following script:

// This script, credit to Wisq, will recharge ALL of your batteries, not just the first one
local addr = "[[[[[dxhr.exe+01735288]+4]+C]+100]+3C]+274";
local f = createForm(true);
local t = createTimer(f, true);
timer_setInterval(t, 1000);
timer_onTimer(t, function()
local energy = readFloat(addr);
if math.abs(energy % 30.0) < 0.005 then
writeFloat(addr, energy + 0.01);
end
end);

7) Click Execute Script, then simply click back into DE:HR and enjoy having all your batteries recharge.

Blizzard said:
If you mean on Steam, have you verified that even works? Check your setting after you play Deus Ex a few times and see if it's still turned off. My understanding is that it just disables automatic downloads if you're not PLAYING the game. If you try to play a game you're still forced to update to the latest version if any is available.

I have posted this in a bunch of threads and never been proved wrong, so I'm continuing to hold the belief. :p

If a Deus Ex HR update comes out in the next month or two (perhaps for the DLC) and you're able to still play the game without getting that update, then that will be good to know.
No, it seems you are right. I just tested this with Europa Universalis 3, which I have been keeping not up to date for mod compatibility. If I try to launch it through Steam, it forces me to update.

pahamrick said:
Something I've been using for that.

Get CheatEngine 6.1 installed (http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php)

Then do the following

1) Start up DE:HR and load into whatever game you want to play
2) ALT + TAB out of the game
3) Start up CheatEngine
4) Click the Computer icon under File to select a process, select dxhr.exe
5) Click the Table menu, then click Show Cheat Table Lua Script
6) Paste in the following script:

// This script, credit to Wisq, will recharge ALL of your batteries, not just the first one
local addr = "[[[[[dxhr.exe+01735288]+4]+C]+100]+3C]+274";
local f = createForm(true);
local t = createTimer(f, true);
timer_setInterval(t, 1000);
timer_onTimer(t, function()
local energy = readFloat(addr);
if math.abs(energy % 30.0) < 0.005 then
writeFloat(addr, energy + 0.01);
end
end);

7) Click Execute Script, then simply click back into DE:HR and enjoy having all your batteries recharge.

fuckk... cheatengine. Good times.

Will try this. Should make the finalish levels much more fun. Melee some fools.

This debug looks so great, it is almost like they wanted it to be found...
Although the fact you can enable the DLC through it kind of ruins that theory.

graywolf323

Basileus777 said:
No, it seems you are right. I just tested this with Europa Universalis 3, which I have been keeping not up to date for mod compatibility. If I try to launch it through Steam, it forces me to update.

should work in offline mode though

MTMBStudios said:
This debug looks so great, it is almost like they wanted it to be found...
Although the fact you can enable the DLC through it kind of ruins that theory.

I'm pretty sure the marketing people and developers aren't the same group of fellas ;)

Blizzard

Banned
Basileus777 said:
Thanks for checking, I was unfortunately pretty sure this was the case. I used to try to keep that setting enabled Mirror's Edge from updating since I used to mess with the level editor, but it kept resetting and I finally realized how it works. It would be nice if Valve offered an alternative option to keep older versions.

Offline mode might work, but I'm guessing that if you go online to play other games, it might still flag the game you're interested in as "needing to update", so then when you try to launch it in offline mode it won't launch at all. That's just a guess though.

Top Bottom