• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

x3sphere

4K performance from GameGPU.. yikes:

dem_3840_11.png

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/deus-ex-mankind-divided-test-gpu

That was probably off the table once they started talking about Deus Ex Universe. As long as they keep progressing the story in a meaningful way, there's no real need to artificially limit themselves to a trilogy.

Wait what. The new trilogy was announced to be coming WITH the DE Universe stuff.

ActWan

Well the price-tag got to me, so I pre-ordered it to PC with the GMG discount a few days ago. Pre-load is already avaliable so I got to that today.
Read some reviews, and the points that bother them didn't bother me that much, I'm still looking forward to an amazing game.
Only problem is, the PC port seems to be quite bad from what I've seen, and there's this IGN video which actually shows effects missing from it, compared to the consoles version.
I hope it's not another Arkham Knight case and it's just IGN deliberately running the PC version with missing effects (conspiracy theories fits Deus Ex anyway :p), or I'll really regret not buying it for the PS4, despite the higher price.

heringer

Metacritic is at 85 right, not too bad.

Bad story is disappointing, but I thought the story in Human Revolution was pretty forgetable anyway, so eh.

Still day one, unless PC port is a complete mess.

To people complaining about only one city, well, at least they will be able to flesh it out more. I mean, the sewers in both cities in HR were exactly the same, lol.

StereoVsn

On ultra.

Need to see the high preset and the difference between the two in what they intend to accomplish per setting before I can be yelling about not making xfps at ultra
Considering 980TI is still a pretty beefy card and the visuals here don't seem amazing it's pretty damning to have that at 1080p.

Are people saying the story is worse than HR? HR's story got a lot of critism too. I really liked the details of HR's plot, just think it could have been put together better.

Nags

Banned
There was also supposed to be Montreal, but they ran out of time.

Right, I forgot about that. Wish we got that this time.

HR was good, I had fun with it, but I wanted MORE of it. Even with all the sidequests, it felt pretty short to me and the cities were rather small (maybe because I was enjoying it so much).

With one main city in Mankind Divided and that city being Prague... It doesn't give me much confidence that I'll get my fill. Prague doesn't really scream "cyberpunk" to me either.

heringer

Are people saying the story is worse than HR? HR's story got a lot of critism too. I really liked the details of HR's plot, just think it could have been put together better.

Did it? I remember most reviews praising HR's story. Maybe expectations are higher nowadays.

At the very least it seems the story is more focused now. It was all over the place in Human Revolution.

Did it? I remember most reviews praising HR's story. Maybe expectations are higher nowadays.

At the very least it seems the story is more focused now. It was all over the place in Human Revolution.

From fans at least (and people on GAF). I remember reading some articles on why HR's story "failed" too. I didn't read reviews though.

Window

On ultra.

Need to see the high preset and the difference between the two in what they intend to accomplish per setting before I can be yelling about not making xfps at ultra

Yeah I think people are jumping the gun a bit at declaring this as a bad PC port.

Nags

Banned

The bar is definitely higher now than it was back then. I thought HR was good for what it was. I liked the world it built up mainly, it left me confident that there was a good foundation for future Deus Ex games.

Basically what bums me out is that apparently they haven't really gone forward, just lateral.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Anyone understoood what is happening with the bosses? One review says that there is only one last boss. Another one says that there may be bosses but I couldn't find them because I may bypassed them. What's going on?

Timeaisis

Does everyone complaining about the story remember the story of DXHR? I was fun, pop scifi, but it was never what I'd call "very good". I think we're looking back with rose tinted glasses here. The atmosphere, themes and mythology of DX has always been it's strong suit in terms of narrative, not the storytelling. Not trying to make excuses for this new one having a meh story, but I never really had lofty expectations. I'll be more disappointed if the gameplay is not a great leap forward (which I'm hearing is kind of the case).

So regarding PC...I'm seeing mixed things. Low FPS even on high end systems, decent performances and not great IQ. But then I see some others that say the PC version is great on a high end rig. I'm really torn here. I have a mid-to-high rig that is good but not "ultra" good. I feel like I'd just prefer PS4 at this point if they are going to look similar. Blasphemy, I know. It's going to feel weird to play a DX game on consoles.

Anyway, sounds like I'm ragging on it, but it's just because I'm very much in love with this series. Really looking forward to playing this one.

Do we know how big it is in MD compared to HR? If it's bigger than both of HR's then I don't see a problem. The hubs in that game were pretty similar in design anyways.

Prague is supposed to be much bigger. I think at least 4 quadrants with each quadrant being bigger than a single HR hub and a lot denser as well.

For some reason GMG was displaying in Russian Rubles for me. I don't have a Russian VPN (just my own and I live in the UK) or anything like that, so I bought it off there for £14. Preloading now, seems to be region free.

I agree with the reviews that say it's;

Long winded, gets boring, narrative is too in your face from your beginning without a lot of subtle undertones. Really slow and if you're someone looking for the main story to keep you engaged all game you'll be disappointed.

But that's just me.

Top Bottom