• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

thejpfin

Totalbiscuit seemed quite happy about it.

When did TB praise PC port? I'm not saying he didn't, but I'm not finding any PC port performance impressions from him, other than gameready drivers causing his PC go BSOD.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/767057162891849728
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/767069674630705152

Any news about deus ex AMD drivers? Latest drivers give performance boost to Rise of the tomb raider, no mention of deus ex. Sigh.

nOoblet16

Finished the game will post spoiler free impressions later. Overall I was very satisfied with it and my playtime was around 23 hours. Full pacifist run and ghosting most areas.

Edit: I played on Give me Deus Ex.

Finished the game will post spoiler free impressions later. Overall I was very satisfied with it and my playtime was around 23 hours. Full pacifist run and ghosting most areas.

That's what I'm going with.

Doesn't mean I won't knock the fuck out some people if they disrespect though. Good to heart it took 20ish hours doing it this way.

RAIDEN1

So its not prizes for guessing if I was to get the XBOX-1 port I'd be getting the most inferior version? From a technical point of view...

Lister

Banned

God damn it, people keep doing this.

So I have the cure for cancer, brb though I gotta take a bubble bath. Oh, I just discovered FTL, will come back with the details after I check facebook.

Why nooblet, whyyyyyy!!!

;)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
All I want to know from people playing the game:

Does the game immerse you as much as Human Revolution? It is more or less exciting to explore the city?

Thanks.

nOoblet16

God damn it, people keep doing this.

So I have the cure for cancer, brb though I gotta take a bubble bath. Oh, I just discovered FTL, will come back with the details after I check facebook.

Why nooblet, whyyyyyy!!!

;)
Sorry man but just in shock atm because as soon as I finished the game I got some pretty bad news that one of our best people and a friend from Destiny GAF passed away so I just spending some time talking to people on PSN party chat. I'll get around to it in a couple of hours.

SlickVic

Day one patch is already up on PSN right? Gonna try to swing by Best Buy tomorrow to see if they'll sell a copy of Mankind Divided during their 'Madden late opening', but probably would be pointless if the patch doesn't go up till Tuesday.

nOoblet16

Day one patch is already up on PSN right? Gonna try to swing by Best Buy tomorrow to see if they'll sell a copy of Mankind Divided during their 'Madden late opening', but probably would be pointless if the patch doesn't go up till Tuesday.
It has been up for a while.

Glass

It's free with the preorder isn't it?

Ah you're right, forgot about this. Though now I'm not sure whether its a digital version of the full book or the excerpt you get with the CE.

Edit: I played on Give me Deus Ex.

Great to hear.

Simo

Ah you're right, forgot about this. Though now I'm not sure whether its a digital version of the full book or the excerpt you get with the CE.

You're just getting a sample. Both the digital art book and Titan art book with the CE are basically just samples for the full thing being released Tuesday.

The digital deluxe version comes with a 40-page exerpt. Which, if you remember the "art book" that came with Human Revolution could end up being absolute trash.

VnUw4YS.jpg

This is the artbook you'd want. 192 pages, published by Titan and available this Tuesday alongside the game.

My copy already shipped along with the CE guide to arrive on Tuesday. :)

Ozium

I think some of the credits and praxis kits in the pre-order and in the season pass are for use in breach mode, not necessarily the main game

I think some of the credits and praxis kits in the pre-order and in the season pass are for use in breach mode, not necessarily the main game

Apparently you can wager in-game $ (credits in this sense) to challenge others, so it's possible you're correct. Anyone know if the microtransactions interfere with the mode? Not many reviews really went into detail on Breach unfortunately. Some say it could, some say not really.

Nzyme32

Totalbiscuit seemed quite happy about it.

He hasn't given any impression of the sort. People jumped on a single comment out of context despite him saying at the time that he didn't have a review copy. Now that he has one, he is saying not to trust his PC for performance since he's been having issues with it.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is GMG safe to discuss on GAF? Anybody safely order the game from them? It's $45 there.

Sorry man but just in shock atm because as soon as I finished the game I got some pretty bad news that one of our best people and a friend from Destiny GAF passed away so I just spending some time talking to people on PSN party chat. I'll get around to it in a couple of hours.

Holy shit I'm speechless :( Drizzay was such a great member of DGAF. Only had brief moments of talking to him but he was such a cool guy and really helpful. RIP and condolences to his family :(

I'm curious if they'll try to sell the Jensen duster/jacket again. I remember that being expensive as hell and an article of clothing almost no one could properly pull off. I feel that fedoras must've bought it.

Maybe? I think they had their own store and items beforehand based off their website. I guess they now have a separate site for it

I was redirected to this website from the main Deus Ex site, so you're probably right.

Lol, can't see anyone wearing that jacket though. It looks badass, but like you said, hard to pull off.

Caode

It's in the PS4. 200mb left to go on the patch. I'm excited gaf...

Mildly amusing, the last game I got early was Human Revolution.

Simo

Well preload on PS4 is all done. It's nice to get more music to listen to from the game aside from what's playing on the dynamic theme. lol

Looking at some of the screenshots posted under it, very nice. The..uh..design for that Red Queen and the red district is quite something. lol I see people already found easter eggs for
Portal and Doge! Looks like Sega survived until 2029 too with a new console!

On the main 7th mission. About 7 hours in. I can see getting close to 20 hours for the whole game from this rate and what I've heard from a few others who have beaten it. People who loved the first game really should enjoy this. Definetly one of my favorite gaming experiences in 2016, ending being "potentially" damned.

Mideon

'Mankind Divided was terrific but I agree with other critics that the end is abrupt. Feels like a set up for more games, definitely.'

'All that said, there's a good 30+ hours of game in there, and it's all quality stuff, so I can't fault Eidos there.'

@jimsterling

Jim Sterling echoing other reviewers.

all said and done apparently if you're someone who tends to play games fast you'll finish fast while if you take your time you'll still have a solid 20 hours.

I tend to be somewhat in between where I start doing most side missions and start ignoring them as they get more an more tedious later in the game. So as long as the side missions are interesting I'm good.

I'll take a wild guess it'll take me 20 hours to beat.

'Mankind Divided was terrific but I agree with other critics that the end is abrupt. Feels like a set up for more games, definitely.'

'All that said, there's a good 30+ hours of game in there, and it's all quality stuff, so I can't fault Eidos there.'

@jimsterling

giphy.gif

Better than MGSV confirmed, unless that quality stuff is quality filler, in which case it'd be on par with MGSV.

CHC

@jimsterling

Fair enough. Considering he is usually on the harsher side of things, I'm going to file the whole content / ending worries under "not that big a deal."

On the main 7th mission. About 7 hours in. I can see getting close to 20 hours for the whole game from this rate and what I've heard from a few others who have beaten it. People who loved the first game really should enjoy this. Definetly one of my favorite gaming experiences in 2016, ending being "potentially" damned.

That nice to hear, also the Jim Sterling impression. I guess the hype train can now go full throttle again.

Top Bottom