• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

I take it that you're from Asia. Release date for games are generally for US timezone.

So if it's 23rd in the US, it's gonna be 24th in our region.

I'm in Australia, release date says 23rd on EB games ( see above image on previous page)

Must be the Timezone then for US.

I'm in Australia, release date says 23rd on EB games ( see above image on previous page)

Well, actually my Steam store page is showing 23rd of August. That should be a display error on your end, as I believe 1 day and 10 hours from now should be 23rd, not 24th. However, it's gonna be a 10PM release right here if the countdown is accurate. I'm in Indonesia.

dreamfall

I was going to post it at around 4 PM EST tomorrow, since it's a worldwide release and would technically be out in some parts of the world by then.

Looking forward to it! So ready to dive in the game, and have a place to discuss it. Ready to move out of the review thread makeshift home!

Is anyone going turn off the feature that highlights things in the game world?

Forgot the name of it but I'm sure you could disable it in HR.

HiiiLife

Can't wait to pick this up from redbox Tuesday. Loved human revolution. With it supposedly being shorter works fine with my schedule.

Un4

Wow @ the last pages of this thread..

Have the game since Friday and have logged 12 hours or so. It feels like i haven't scratched the surface story-wise. I like the (early story spoiler)
Double agent
thing they are doing.

Fans of HR have nothing to worry about, the game really feels like an updated version of HR. The story and sidequests are interesting and really make me want to play more.

PS4 performance is pretty good, there is some slowdown and tearing while using sprint in crowded hubs.

Is anyone going turn off the feature that highlights things in the game world?

Forgot the name of it but I'm sure you could disable it in HR.

Yeah, just like turning off waypoints in most games, I expect it'll make it easier to be immersed and I'll probably find more interesting solutions and secrets by doing it without guidance. I think that not even knowing the right direction will be cool too. I think I turned off most things in HR, at least item highlights I think, but getting rid of waypoints will make me have to get creative, which I like.

Same with the CASIE augment. I intentionally avoided acquiring that augment in HR so that I could immerse myself and actually choose the dialogue options I personally thought would best calm down the person I was talking too. Lo and behold, I smooth talked every character I could on my first play through, with only my intuition to help me. It's greatly satisfying, as it's a very unique kind of puzzle most games don't include. Getting the CASIE mod almost makes them kind of pointless for me at least, so I'm definitely going without it once again, and if I mess up my persuasion, so be it, I'll handle the consequences.

Yeah, CASIE augment in HR is useless, and jarringly immersion breaking. Whose great idea it was to put a huge display element almost at the center of the screen, in front of the guy we're talking to? Never again.

HiiiLife

I'm gonna have to turn my status to offline because trying to play single player games and people wanting to party chat you just pulls me out of the campaign. Even games like the Witness.

Trace

Banned
Yeah, CASIE augment in HR is useless, and jarringly immersion breaking. Whose great idea it was to put a huge display element almost at the center of the screen, in front of the guy we're talking to? Never again.

I liked it for the additional dialogue.

Not to mention that the pheromones never worked after the halfway point.

Stoze

Does this have more non-lethal tools or at least some more competent ones? I think HR did a pretty good job in this department, but there was still things like PEPS being a mess to use or concussion grenades alerting enemies when you use them. (I haven't played DC, not sure if those are fixed)

Why do so many games skip midnight releases these days? Is there a technical or business reason?

We don't even know yet 100% if there won't be a midnight release. The date we see on the Steam store page is probably just the default date on which the store updates. But it happened several times before that publishers/devs//Steam updated the release date shortly before launch.

And tbh it is pissing me off. How fucking hard is it for publishers/devs to give us a definite release date? People need to plan their day so that they can play their new game. It's like they don't even care at all.

thenexus6

(I really wish the PS4 had a game tracker...) I am probably 8-9 hours in and i've barely scratched the surface spent alot of time doing side missions and exploring. Very happy so far. Frames drop when you enter outside after leaving an interior for a few seconds.

I did a mission, nothing crazy just infiltrate a building and it felt so good. Sneaking into air vents, hacking panels, stealthing past dudes.

Fledz

Then EB Games was misinformed. 6pm BST (Here in London) is 4am on the 24th for you guys (ed- For Steam. Not sure about console digital release).

I used to live in Sydney, I feel your pain but it looks to be out a day later than you were all expecting in Aus.

Bishop89

Wow @ the last pages of this thread..

Have the game since Friday and have logged 12 hours or so. It feels like i haven't scratched the surface story-wise. I like the (early story spoiler)
Double agent
thing they are doing.

Fans of HR have nothing to worry about, the game really feels like an updated version of HR. The story and sidequests are interesting and really make me want to play more.

PS4 performance is pretty good, there is some slowdown and tearing while using sprint in crowded hubs.

cool, so this game is goat material, gotcha.

Cant wait for it to release tomorrow in aus

ISee

Do we have any word on the game's PC performance yet? Or were all of the reviews on PS4/Xbox?

Not much, some ultra benchmarks which made people nervous. But obviously ultra settings are meant to be used with top of the line high end stuff and do not reflect normal performance.
Going from the ultra preset to the high preset seems to double fps. Going by this a 970 could still be enough to reach 60fps @ 1080p.

bench_ultrag5sj4.jpg

980Ti said:

from pcgh.de:

-Ultra settings are very demanding, especially contact hardening shadows, screen space reflections and volumetric lighting,

-4gb of vram is enough for 1080p but it's getting close

-msaa is obviously a performance killer too

-It's an amd sponsored games and amd cards like the 480, 390 perform better than a 1060 in dx11.

- System ram usage: 10 to 14 gb (obviously also playable with 8 gb, but needs to load stuff more frequently)

I'm suprised it can use MSAA. I thought they were using deferred rendering ( I have no evidence, just thought it would for this type of game)

I'll be testing out the various AA options. Whatever gets me 60fps is what I'm going to stick too.

ISee

I'm suprised it can use MSAA. I thought they were using deferred rendering ( I have no evidence, just thought it would for this type of game)

I'll be testing out the various AA options. Whatever gets me 60fps is what I'm going to stick too.

Anti Aliasing Options are:
FXAA
some sort of temporal AA
MSAA 2x, 4x, 8x

The game also has a sharpening filter (deactivatable) to combat the blurriness caused by FXAA and TAA.

I really hope they will give an official word when the game will be unlocked on Steam...
I hate that when we do not have a clue when a game will be unlocked.

leng jai

Not much, some ultra benchmarks which made people nervous. But obviously ultra settings are meant to be used with top of the line high end stuff and do not reflect normal performance.
Going from the ultra preset to the high preset seems to double fps. Going by this a 970 could still be enough to reach 60fps @ 1080p.

from pcgh.de:

-Ultra settings are very demanding, especially contact hardening shadows, screen space reflections and volumetric lighting,

-4gb of vram is enough for 1080p but it's getting close

-msaa is obviously a performance killer too

-It's an amd sponsored games and amd cards like the 480, 390 perform better than a 1060 in dx11.

- System ram usage: 10 to 14 gb (obviously also playable with 8 gb, but needs to load stuff more frequently)

14GB of RAM?

Those benchmarks are pretty crazy even if you take into consideration it's on maximum. A 1070 getting 54fps at 1080p with no AA isn't too hot unless the game looks incredible. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how good the game actually looks, and what real world performance is like after it's actually released.

J3nga

14GB of RAM?

Those benchmarks are pretty crazy even if you take into consideration it's on maximum. A 1070 getting 54fps at 1080p with no AA isn't too hot unless the game looks incredible. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how good the game actually looks, and what real world performance is like after it's actually released.

That's the thing, it doesn't. Not even close.

Angel_DvA

CDKeys still haven't send me my Deluxe edition code, I'm so pissed right now, it's the first and the last time I pre-ordered something from them, lame.

Fledz

so late evening in europe then on tuesday? damn

From what I can gather, 5pm UK, 6pm most of rest of Europe. Shitty but then again most of us are at work so get those quick meals and snacks ready for Tuesday night, it's gonna be a long one!

Top Bottom