• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

A time for when this exactly releases on Steam in all regions would be great. Crazy how they haven't made it clear this close to release.

My copy arrived from ShopTo today! Complete with a flag I had no idea was a bonus for buying from them?

CqdY2bVWYAAZBUf.jpg

Also, I redeemed the code for the Day One items on the Square website but wasn't given any of the items or a PSN code to redeem like it said I should get. Anyone else have issues?

ldcommando

Banned
Not surprising he has been given special rights to stream earlier than embargo is up. He has just too huge audience for publishers to miss out on that marketing push.

Guaranteed 30k to 50k watching your new game, many developers/publishers seek him out for it.

Tovarisc

Guaranteed 30k to 50k watching your new game, many developers/publishers seek him out for it.

Have to respect Lirik tho. Huge audience every day if not largest on Twitch which has given him all kinds of reach within gaming industry [promotional offers etc.] and yet it hasn't gone to his head. His streams are still super chill, he plays what the fuck he wants for how long he wants and has humorous moments.

Is there an OT for this, cant find one.

Not up yet as far I can tell. Hopefully soon, game is just around the corner.

That feel when you preload a game on Steam for the first time thinking you'd be able to play at midnight on launch day, when in reality, you have to wait a day longer than physical buyers.

Devastated.

Moff

That feel when you preload a game on Steam for the first time thinking you'd be able to play at midnight on launch day, when in reality, you have to wait a day longer than physical buyers.

Devastated.

the phsyical buysers of the pc version have to wait for the same unlock

and yes, it sucks, even more so when console players can usually play it almost a week early

Tovarisc

Devastated.

All PC users have to wait until same time, no advantage being physical or digital when game is on e.g. Steam. For console players it's different thing and physical may give advantage.

KORNdoggy

been enjoying this all weekend. it's more of the same awesomeness of the last game so it's unlikely to win anyone over who didn't like human revolution. looks lovely on PS4 too, and runs a lot better than human revolution did on PS3.

Simo

Also, I redeemed the code for the Day One items on the Square website but wasn't given any of the items or a PSN code to redeem like it said I should get. Anyone else have issues?

You'll likely get the code tomorrow when the game is officially released everywhere. Even my PS4 preload has all the Day One content sitting there waiting for 3am EST to unlock and download when the game and all the rest of the data has downloaded and installed.

Not Drake

I'm in the same boat. Not sure how am I supposed to get my code. The whole process seems needlessly complicated. Why couldn't they just put a PSN code in a box?

EDIT: Codes being distributed starting tomorrow make sense.

Tovarisc

Nerdfusion has launch party for MD, starting 0230PM PDT as according them game launches 3PM PDT. Dan of Dansgaming talked about this few times yesterday in his stream and live podcast.

Zukuu

Banned
I need to know from the people who have played it: Are there confidently placed, man-sized ventilation shafts EVERYWHERE like in HR? That alone killed any immersion I had in the world and was laughable once you noticed how in the future those are seemingly required at every office entrance.

packy34

Nerdfusion has launch party for MD, starting 0230PM PDT as according them game launches 3PM PDT. Dan of Dansgaming talked about this few times yesterday in his stream and live podcast.

They just mention that this is due to embargo timing. Still no solid confirmation of that being the actual Steam release time.

prag16

Banned
CDKeys still haven't send me my Deluxe edition code, I'm so pissed right now, it's the first and the last time I pre-ordered something from them, lame.
That's odd. Cdkeys delivered my standard edition key about 27 hours ago. (Jpg of a scanned slip of paper with the steam key printed on it lol..) Did the preload yesterday afternoon.

This was the first time I had used them for a preorder. Guess it's a ymmv situation for whatever reason.

Un4

I need to know from the people who have played it: Are there confidently placed, man-sized ventilation shafts EVERYWHERE like in HR? That alone killed any immersion I had in the world and was laughable once you noticed how in the future those are seemingly required at every office entrance.

Put it in tags to be sure. (no story spoilers)
Yes, there are. I think there was vent-access to every (mission) building i have encountered.

KORNdoggy

i think the word you were looking for was conveniently...and yes. they are everywhere. but they tend to be higher up from what i've played. there are less floor level ones.

Mr. Tibbs

PCGamesN posted a PC port review.

In terms of the breadth of graphical options and the immediacy at which you can switch between them, there’s almost nothing to complain about. Here’s a quick rundown of every setting you can tweak *deep breath*... texture quality; contact-hardening shadows; temporal anti-aliasing; motion blur; depth of field; bloom; volumetric lighting; subsurface scattering; cloth physics; ambient occlusion; tessellation; parallax occlusion mapping; sharpening; chromatic aberration; level of detail. Annnnnd breathe. I’d definitely recommend turning on the 'sharpen' setting, as without it, image quality can be a touch blurry.

Couple those oh-so generous graphics settings with a fully customisable HUD, ultrawide screen support and remappable controls and Mankind Divided really is a thorough PC port. Those frame-pacing issues grate slightly, but they’re a fairly minor issue when you consider the amount of technical wins this new Deus Ex stacks up. The game itself may be a little half-baked (especially when it comes to a lack of locations), but the PC version has been crafted with the utmost respect.

Horns

I bought and began preloading this morning on PS4. Afterwards I realized the timer was set to unlock at 3am EST. I guess it's a set to unlock at midnight west coast despite me being east coast.

Tovarisc

They just mention that this is due to embargo timing. Still no solid confirmation of that being the actual Steam release time.

True. Same time they haven't done release parties for the game in the past if release time wasn't same as embargo lift. We shall see.

nOoblet16

ibn Saïd;214550460 said:
for those interested, the verdict is passed. apparently a good port.
But it can't be a good port if I can't run everything at ultra with 8*msaa and get 60fps with current gen card. Must be trash

CHC

i thought its just perma death and you can go back to the save file you last saved at ?

fuck no then :p

But that's what perma death is.....? You die once and that's it.

It does keep a save file so you don't have to do it all in one sitting, but if you die the save is gone.

Top Bottom