• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Pagusas

Elden Member
Beat the game today. Played it the same as HR: Give me Deus Ex, stealth/non-lethal and did almost everything (missed 1 side quest). Explored quite a bit of Prague too.

Total playtime was 24 hours, vs 19 hours for HR. Kind of funny that this game is the "short one".

I don't understand this. I did literally everything in the game on my first play through, took time and read every bit of dialogue and such: 55 hours. In HR I put 40 hours into it. How are you guys beating it 2x'a faster?? I never felt like I was aimless in the game at all (though I did hack every single thing possible)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Maybe I'm slow as hell, but at 34 hours I'm still only on mission 11 with a few side quests still left to complete. Human Revolution took me 34 hours to complete, so this game has certainly lasted me longer. No clue where all the complaints about length are coming from.

Azzanadra

How do you guys beat this game so fast? It took me like 60 hours my first time, being the type of guy who does every side quest and scrounges every nook and cranny. But even then, its not like I literally broke into every apartment and read every email, just ones I saw and if I was in the mood.

rtcn63

How do you guys beat this game so fast? It took me like 60 hours my first time, being the type of guy who does every side quest and scrounges every nook and cranny. But even then, its not like I literally broke into every apartment and read every email, just ones I saw and if I was in the mood.

I did every side quest available to me and beat it in 24 hours.

I don't understand this. I did literally everything in the game on my first play through, took time and read every bit of dialogue and such: 55 hours. In HR I put 40 hours into it. How are you guys beating it 2x'a faster?? I never felt like I was aimless in the game at all (though I did hack every single thing possible)

I was a save scumny motherfucker and still only managed 30 hours GAME time and I went into every house and laptop.

Real world it was more, but still.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I was a save scumny motherfucker and still only managed 30 hours GAME time and I went into every house and laptop.

Real world it was more, but still.

I truely dont understand how you did that! I'm not doubting you, its just I dont feel I was slow at all (honestly near the end got a bit rushed) and still took double your time.

4jjiyoon

i've done two playthroughs. i did absolutely everything i could the first time and the second i kinda blitzed through the main stuff and my steam playtime says 70 hours.

I actually felt like I was going too slow at some points, because I'd go back to check on the shops and various NPCs after every main mission. I didn't rush through this game or HR, just played normally and took my time: hacked everything I could, read every email, even went back and explored alternate routes just to see if there was anything important. Although towards the end I did get tired of avoiding the cops in Prague so I just Glass Cloaked + Biocell spammed my way through the city (had 50+ Biocells so why not), that cut down on a lot of time.

Everyone just plays at their own pace. Reminds me of when I beat Mass Effect 2 with the best ending (100%) at 22 hours, while it took my friend 45. He still feels like I didn't "properly" enjoy the game because of that.

Furyous

Having fun wrecking shit in this game and have a question, spoiler tagged for everyone else playing the game:

I want the spokes in two wheels trophy on my first run. Is there a way to save Allison AND get the antidote?

Raiding the
bank
early on is a great idea and I highly recommend it if you can get access to the relevant keycards... Of course the devs need to patch in the
Versalife
keycard or at least allow us to hack the terminal to get in.

TheRed

So I went to a preview of Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando and in one of the scare zones that is like a post apocalyptic war zone, while they were having a fake street war it was playing the entirety of Icarus the main theme of Human Revolution in the background. I couldn't believe it, it didn't really go with the theme of the area I thought but I was loving the hell out of it. I think I was the only one around amazed by it but it's not everyday you get to hear that beautiful song on huge speakers outside.

Anyway thought that was cool and wanted to let anyone here know if they are in the area, going to HHN and nerdy like me to look out for it. Can they just use the music like that or did they go license it out? I assume they licensed it as they have a few other songs that are popular playing in areas but I always assumed it was stuff under the Universal music label since that would keep it easier. Also a lot of generic music so it was a pleasant surprise hearing such a cool song being used that came from a video game!

SlickVic

Really enjoying taking my time with this game. No clue how many hours I've put in since PSN doesn't seem to track that (and the app thinks I've put in 108 hours which seems unlikely), but I'm on the tenth main mission and got about 1 more side mission I can do for now. For whatever reason the gameplay is clicking for me a lot more in this game than Human Revolution, and I'm having a lot more fun 'stealthing' my way through this.

ricki42

I want the spokes in two wheels trophy on my first run. Is there a way to save Allison AND get the antidote?

About Spokes in Two Wheels:
You don't need the antidote. If you choose to save the delegates and are fast enough getting there (don't know how fast you have to be, didn't try, it just worked out for me), after stopping the delegates from drinking, you run over to meet Marchenko and confront him.

Pagusas

Elden Member
just done
side quest. its a very weird one and just kind of ends....

its my favorite sidequest!
You'll hear from her again later in the game, she'll help make sneaking into a certain area easier by blowing up some cop cars. I'm excited for what they'll do with her character in the sequel/DLC.

Pagusas

Elden Member
About Spokes in Two Wheels:
You don't need the antidote. If you choose to save the delegates and are fast enough getting there (don't know how fast you have to be, didn't try, it just worked out for me), after stopping the delegates from drinking, you run over to meet Marchenko and confront him.

Not true, you need it if you want to
save Miller.
You however DO NOT need the
bomb preventer thing, as you can run to the deligates first, stop them from drinking, then run to confront Marchenko with tons of time to spare. Super easy, everyone lives (except the bomb lady, but no one actually cares about her), also I feel you miss a great moment where Adam listens to Megan when grabbing that antidote, probably the first time he's heard her voice sense their last meeting (though she's talking to Bob, not him).

On another note, the game still has a glitch that lets you save her and get the antidote

How does that glitch work? Do you get to keep both story items as well?

It's on reddit, basically it's about exploiting icarus dash and some bugs to kind of move around some event triggers. Not easy, but if you reallllly want to have both items in one playthrough...

SJRB

Gold Member
just done
side quest. its a very weird one and just kind of ends....

I loved that sidemission, the execution was amazing. But I hate how it has no resolution, it just throws a massive cliffhanger in your face and then disappears and never returns.
Also, Adam's apartment is permanently trashed

There are several sidemissions that end halfway through, and even though I can [somewhat] understand the need to set up threads for a sequel, I feel that blueballing the player like this isn't the most friendly solution.

August NPD numbers and as expected the game bombed, selling 120k physical copies in the USA on its first month. By comparison Human Revolution apparently sold 240k copies in its first month. This is only USA of course, and I'm not sure if it counts digital sales or not but no matter what you are looking at probably under 300k total sales worldwide in the first 30 days, which isn't great by any standard.

So yeah, not gonna hit that 3m copies sold mark probably. Wonder what it means for the sequel.

Nessus

Quite enjoyed the game.

I think I'll wait until all story DLC is released then play it all at once.

Really, really hope they're allowed to make a sequel.

New patch was released yesterday:

[15-09-2016] PC Patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch build 545.5
We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.4 build 545.5_P6. This patch focusses on critical issues that were reported by users during the last week after the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API release.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

The following fixes are in this patch:
Fixed a DirectX 12 crash at start-up.
Reduced DirectX 12 CPU usage for better performance.
Slightly reduced system memory usage.

Release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
Since build v1.4 build 545.4_P5, users are able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:
Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.
After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.

o WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all.
o Multi-GPU is not yet supported in this patch.
o If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
o As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date.

Known DX12 issue:
- There is a known bug that causes some very high end cards to regress relative to DirectX11. This bug is being addressed by the development team.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build524.6, v1.0_build524.7, v1.1_build524.10, v1.2_build524.15, v1.3_build524.17 and v1.4_build545.4 that can be used to switch back to previous versions.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was really looking forward to this game, but it's really not sucking me in. Maybe it's because I've been able to play for only an hour or two at a time, but at 10 hours in (just met Marchenko in Golem City), I really don't feel myself drawn to the game and eager to play more.

I loved the original Deus Ex and Human Revolution, but I think the setting just isn't doing for it me this time around. I don't find Prague very interesting and the whole conflict they are setting up just doesn't feel earned or really all that believable.

Maybe it also has to do with the visuals being so strikingly good that the gameplay mechanics and dumb AI/ambient NPCs just stick out to the point of making everything feel off.

Oh well, hopefully the game gets more interesting as I play more.

Jb

August NPD numbers and as expected the game bombed, selling 120k physical copies in the USA on its first month. By comparison Human Revolution apparently sold 240k copies in its first month. This is only USA of course, and I'm not sure if it counts digital sales or not but no matter what you are looking at probably under 300k total sales worldwide in the first 30 days, which isn't great by any standard.

So yeah, not gonna hit that 3m copies sold mark probably. Wonder what it means for the sequel.

That's a shame. I had my issues with the game and found it a little disappointing but the core gameplay is still solid and fairly unique in today's gaming landscape.

Amon-Lau

I've currently stopped playing to wait on them fixing or at least addressing the Otar favor issue/bug during the third visit of Prague...

jettpack

Yeah same. It took me about 45 hours. Loved breaking into every apartment i saw and drink all the booze.

Amon-Lau

...there's one on the third visit?

WHAT

His favor that he owes us after All in the Family, apparently you should get a call from him when you get the mission to investigate the Divali territory during the third visit in prague

Garani

Yeah, clocked some 60 hours (but about 20 I would say are of standby/pause)

Can I say it? Well, I'll say it anyhow: it felt underwhelming. I enjoyed Human Revolution a lot more, more diverse places and a better story. This game feels like, well, a big DLC: same repetitive place, and a small one at that.

I got bored. :(

Maybe I'm slow as hell, but at 34 hours I'm still only on mission 11 with a few side quests still left to complete. Human Revolution took me 34 hours to complete, so this game has certainly lasted me longer. No clue where all the complaints about length are coming from.

it took me around 50 hours to beat it. Played on Give me Deus Ex and turned off all of the HUD except for map. I don't think I missed a single side quest

d00d3n

Yeah, clocked some 60 hours (but about 20 I would say are of standby/pause)

Can I say it? Well, I'll say it anyhow: it felt underwhelming. I enjoyed Human Revolution a lot more, more diverse places and a better story. This game feels like, well, a big DLC: same repetitive place, and a small one at that.

I got bored. :(

Really? I loved Human Revolution, but it was corridor cities and office complexes: the game. The main locations in Mankind Divided are almost objectively more diverse than their counterparts in the previous game.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Really? I loved Human Revolution, but it was corridor cities and office complexes: the game. The main locations in Mankind Divided are almost objectively more diverse than their counterparts in the previous game.

I agreee with this statement... yet I still find HR the better game. Just enjoyed it more, like the characters more, like the locations more.

Prague sucks, visually it lacked the Cyberpunk punch I crave. It had it in limited quanities, but overall it just felt blah.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Man, I don't know what to pick, HELP. (End of Act 2 spoilers?)
Allison or Bank?

Bank, its the better quest and a much more key item (seriously the allison quest is pointless for the ending, you can stil get the best ending without it).
Additional Spoiler:
Plus someone dies in the end if you didn't do the bank and get a key item.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, I don't know what to pick, HELP. (End of Act 2 spoilers?)
Allison or Bank?

Do the
bank
. I did the other option and regret it because the choice you make here has quite massive consequences for the ending, even though there's literally no way of knowing this when you actually have to make the choice.

Top Bottom