• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

So just got back from vacation, preloaded the game, but now for whatever reason every game I open up is running at like 25 FPS or lower...

Latest drivers, nothing changed since before leaving.

Ugh. Going to try and find a solution before this unlocks.

This might be a dumb question, but is your PC in low power consumption mode? Worth a check. I sometimes hit low power/idle mode where it downclocks the CPU and forget, then wonder why games run like crap.

While this is annoying, I don't care because I won't buy anything anyway, and importantly I just want to listen to more 0edit. I don't intend to play Breach all that much anyway

Who are these weirdos sinking £25 into packs of credits for mediocre tacked-on online modes though?

NJD316

Neo Member
I don't get the digital love, I only buy AAA games digital if they're in a really good sale. Changing discs is a minor inconvenience when I can sell old games on ebay - there's few games I consider so great that I would want them in my digital library forever. Plus in the UK, digi releases tend to have inflated prices (around £10 more than retail) which doesn't exactly sweeten the deal.

For sure. There's a good amount of people from other places who don't get this because the price gulf between digital and retail for console games in the UK is unusually large.

Croyles

So I was going to buy this for PC but a friend of mine gave me a PS4 copy as a present. How does the PS4 copy hold up? Is it good? Any major framerate problems etc?

Kalentan

Ugh... Why do I have work today. :(

Wish this had come out at Midnight so I could have gotten like an hour or a half of time. :(

I know im probably in the minority here but I didn't get this game on the PC because I played this on the 360 so I kind of wanted to play it on the X1 for the sake of some odd feeling of continuity. I know, I know.

Lister

Banned
So I was going to buy this for PC but a friend of mine gave me a PS4 copy as a present. How does the PS4 copy hold up? Is it good? Any major framerate problems etc?

Some frame rate drops/tearing in demanding areas.

Given the screens htos I've seen though, the IQ is pretty bad, with hardly any AF, spotty AA, and what seems either LOD issues or low rez textures on anything not 5 feet away.

Even the Youtube streams of the PC version look noticeably better, but of course performance will depend on your specs.

For sure. There's a good amount of people from other places who don't get this because the price gulf between digital and retail for console games in the UK is unusually large.

If the releases were £10 less (or more) - fair as there's no physical product, no resale value, no distribution costs and the risk that some asshat hacks my account and I lose my content (I'm on PSN) - then I would be more open to it. As it stands, no way. £60 for a digital game (just shy of $80) is ridiculous.

Indeed. I don't know anyone in my circle of friends here in the UK who will go completely digital. Almost everyone I know buys physical and only digital if it's a small title.

Literally you can get digital downloads for like £50-60 on PSN store, and find the same game for £35 online. Even shops like GAME have ridiculous prices. I find it's the supermarkets that have the best price in retail. And you'll shave off a couple of quid online.

Anyways. Roll on PC release in that case! Hopefully my 970 is up to the challenge lol.

Digital Foundry did a video comparing the Ps4 and X1 version and the Ps4 runs at 1080p with frame rate hits here and there below 30 fps, nothing terrible tho.

Lister

Banned
I know im probably in the minority here but I didn't get this game on the PC because I played this on the 360 so I kind of wanted to play it on the X1 for the sake of some odd feeling of continuity. I know, I know.

I understand. That lower than native resolution gives everythign a soft, nostalgic look ;)

Cob32

Well I'm in the Royal Mail fuck up camp. Think I'll just wait for delivery tomorrow and save the hassle of a return.

Simply Games folks, just got this email.

Thanks for your recent order for Deus Ex Mankind Divided,

We are writing to let you know that although your order was shipped on Friday 19th August, we have this morning been informed by Royal Mail that a small batch of our orders have actually been directed to the wrong depot and therefore have been delayed in the Royal Mail system. We believe that your order is included within this batch.

The delayed parcels are being recalled and your order will be re-shipped from our warehouse today as a matter of urgency.

We apologise sincerely for this delay and assure you that your re-shipped order will be with you very soon.

Should you receive both the original and the re-shipped order then please let us know and we will provide returns information for one of the two parcels.

Kindest Regards

SimplyGames Customer Service Team
www.simplygames.com

Where's my option to get a refund and go to the store with my money? Also, I wonder about the Simply Games definition of 'small batch'

Yup just got it too. Calling bollocks on it being a small amount of people though lol.

Also got this. Not near a shop to get it off the shelf so will just wait. Nevermind.

And funnily enough, they weren't there when the reviewers were playing so none of the current reviews reflect this bullshit.

Holy shit. This is so goddamn scummy. I wish reviewers would edit a massive bold all caps like at the bottom of a review to reflect this. No need to change the score or anything but consumers need to be made aware of scummy tactics like these.

Oh that is even more shady, I would say good job S-E.
Man this is ridiculous.

Or I should say, it was obvious they would be in there, but reviewers wouldn't have seen the store update with the countless microtransation items on it and the extent to which Square Enix is willing to push it. I don't remember any reference to the mt's in any of the reviews I read/watched.

Between all of the nonsense surrounding Hitman (tarnishing what is actually a fun game) and the money hat Tomb Raider delay, Eidos has been making some odd decisions lately.

Frant1ck

So i took the day off and woke up early so i can play as much as i could today.... didnt know about the release delay on Steam... Guess its my fault.

Well i'm gonna go farm more gold in WoW to pass the time and get ready for Legion next week... oh some kids are DDOS'ing Blizzard and i cant play WoW either?

I guess that's the definition of a wasted morning lol.

I understand. That lower than native resolution gives everythign a soft, nostalgic look ;)

Haha, I know its a dumb sentiment but whatever I wanted a new game to break in my 2tb Xbox 1 S with and this one should be it. Besides I have an Nvidia GPU and this is an AMD Evolved title so I might as well play it on my Xbox ; )

Or I should say, it was obvious they would be in there, but reviewers wouldn't have seen the store update with the countless microtransation items on it and the extent to which Square Enix is willing to push it.

Between all of the nonsense surrounding Hitman (tarnishing what is actually a fun game) and the money hat Tomb Raider delay, Eidos has been making some odd decisions lately.

Agreed on that, Eidos or well Square-Enix decisions are very questionworthy, not sure what they're thinking.
I hope the reviewers will add this in, the whole Breach microtransaction thing.

So i took the day off and woke up early so i can play as much as i could today.... didnt know about the release delay on Steam... Guess its my fault.

Well i'm gonna go farm more gold in WoW to pass the time and get ready for Legion next week... oh some kids are DDOS'ing Blizzard and i cant play WoW either?

Seems like arbitrary bullshit to me. Steam should have unlocked it at midnight except reasons.

Croyles

Some frame rate drops/tearing in demanding areas.

Given the screens htos I've seen though, the IQ is pretty bad, with hardly any AF, spotty AA, and what seems either LOD issues or low rez textures on anything not 5 feet away.

Even the Youtube streams of the PC version look noticeably better, but of course performance will depend on your specs.

Digital Foundry did a video comparing the Ps4 and X1 version and the Ps4 runs at 1080p with frame rate hits here and there below 30 fps, nothing terrible tho.

Thanks. I had a look at the pc version and the digital foundry console comparison. Seems good enough for me to play on PS4.

AXE

It was 23rd of august here over 15 hours ago. Still waiting.

Somewhat annoyed.

Simply Games just emailed me to let me know it's too late to cancel. Of course, if they either answered their phone or promptly responded to my email this morning, it would save me the effort of pissing around returning the disc.

Anyone have any luck cancelling?

Simply Games just emailed me to let me know it's too late to cancel. Of course, if they either answered their phone or promptly responded to my email this morning, it would save me the effort of pissing around returning the disc.

Anyone have any luck cancelling?
Got same bullshit email

Picking this up today!

Psyched! Psyched!

I'll do my first playthrough blood and guts galore before I do the hug it out like a friendly breaking and entering ghost playthrough.

Dec

Steam says 1 hour for me to unlock. Is it really at 11? I'd be really happy if so.

it's definitely counting down to 11am EST despite the official time being 12. Not sure what will happen, but maybe don't get too excited.

TEJ

Playing the ps4 version. Love the game so far. I'm exploring a lot and experimenting. The experimenting is what I love the most about deus ex games.

Vintage

Mankind Divided‘s Breach Mode Is Designed To Divide You From Your Money; http://www.thejimquisition.com/mank...de-is-designed-to-divide-you-from-your-money/

Lol this article

The author doesn't touch anything how mandatory the microtransactions are or if you need to buy them at all. All the complains are that it looks bad and the structure is like f2p game.

A lot of full-priced games has microtransactions. Somehow I didn't see him complain about microtransacions in Uncharted 4 or many other games.

Pixieking

Banned
it's definitely counting down to 11am EST despite the official time being 12. Not sure what will happen, but maybe don't get too excited.

Steam rounds down to the hour, not up, so an unlock in 1 hour 32 minutes is just "approximately 1 hour".

That said, I'm hoping for an earlier than stated unlock.

Aces&Eights

Lol this article

The author doesn't touch anything how mandatory the microtransactions are or if you need to buy them at all. All the complains are that it looks bad and the structure is like f2p game.

A lot of full-priced games has microtransactions. Somehow I didn't see him complain about microtransacions in Uncharted 4 or many other games.

To be fair, Jim's been pretty clear on his stance with microtransactions in full retail games in previous videos. He has gone into detail about when it is "shite" and whatnot.

First and last time I ever get a multiplat on Steam. It's the 23rd already and I cant even play the game yet.
Assuming your system is going to give you performance benefits versus the PS4 version, is it really worth trading benefits that you'll get for your entire time playing just to play a few hours early?

Caved and bought the Deluxe Edition on Xbox One. Had some trouble finding the Season Pass benefits before realizing there's a storage menu on the inventory screen. Only problem? Most of the promised things aren't there (I only see 2 Praxis Kits compared to the 4 promised...1 EMP grenade, not 2, no rifle skin as far as I can tell, etc.). Any help? Am I missing something/just need to progress further?

Top Bottom