• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
dem_1920_11_2.png

Jesus.

The Performence there isn't neccisarily bad, but I do honk its odd that SLI 1080s are only getting 10fps more than SLI 970s...

I mean, a single 1080 should be doing SLI 970 Performence and then some no?

lazerfox

PC Port review from PCGamesN

They say the 3 highest presets look mostly the same but looking at the screenshots makes me want to play at the highest settings.

Unpacking the game now. Let's see if my 1070 can get 60FPS with most settings on ultra.

Been unpacking for like an hour now... I am on an External HDD but it shouldn't be that bad, would have been quicker to just re-download the game.

If you have a decent PC you'll probably still be getting better performance then consoles (and better controls...)

It is 30 fps and lower settings on consoles. Unless you are getting lower than 30 fps on like medium/low settings, you will have the better experience on pc.

Why? the game doesn't run particularly well on console and all reports have shown a decent PC port.

These all make sense to me. Thanks for talking me down from my crazy thoughts

drotahorror

Wasn't TotalBiscuit supposed to post a performance review or something? I know he has other things to deal with, but just wondering.

tesqui

This is an AMD optmized game and they don't even have a driver out for release day? Nvidia had one like a week before release. What the hell AMD

Maxximo

1080p - max settings apart from contact shadows and no msaa: 70-100Fps

6700K@4.6Ghz and 1070@2100Mhz

Looks really really REALLY good

TheRed

Cool. I only have a 1060 though so hopefully it runs very well for you!

Just ran the benchmark in game with everything Ultra and had average 63 fps and min 50 so I'm pretty confident turning down something like shadows to High will boost a lot. Time to jump in the game and see how it goes!

Maxximo

Just ran the benchmark in game with everything Ultra and had average 63 fps and min 50 so I'm pretty confident turning down something like shadows to High will boost a lot. Time to jump in the game and see how it goes!

Where is the bench? o_O

Really looking forward to this, this looks to be really demanding, I can't wait to get a more in-depth look at the graphical settings!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think Squeenix ever formally confirmed there'd be Mac and Linux versions of the game (I do recall Feral dropping a hint or two), but they're now clearly visible on SteamDB.

Karak

i7 5820k 3.9 ghz
GTX 1080
32GB

1440p
Avg 50+

As I said in my review Ultra textures can hit hard. Contact Harding shadows seem to make a 4-5 fps difference as well while many of them make a 2-3. Shouldn't be too hard for most to find a playable framerate. But as the graphs show, locking it at 60 will require some adjustments.

My game crashes everytime I open the tutorial popup "guide" by holding E.
For now I'll just play through it, but does any one have a solution?

d00d3n

The game seems to be running fine at 3840*1620 (dsr down to 2560*1080), FOV 80%, everything maxed except AO at "on" instead of "very high", MSAA off and contact hardening shadows "off". The frame rate stays over 60 fps with these settings. And I am prepared for city hub drops with my gsync.

The only downside is that my GPU sounds like a leafblower now ...

specs: 5820k@4.3, 16gb ram, Titan X Pascal (stock speed), windows 10

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Very High is not max settings. Playing on High now and it's still fucked

Playing at 4K, high textures, contact shadows off, everything else very high. Seems to running fine FPS wise. 30-40ish FPS.

That said I have recorded 2 display driver crashed. "0x887A0005 DXGI_Error_device_Removed"

SimplexPL

Hm, not a great article. They don't even mention Contact Hardening Shadows, which is apparently one of the biggest performance killers.

They only mention shadows in passing, bundled with other options:
A note on volumetric lighting, shadows, screenspace reflections

Popping these up to their highest level can hurt performance, but like a lot of settings in Mankind Divided, dropping down to 'high' rather than 'very high' or 'ultra' doesn't result in a huge dip in image quality, but can make significant improvements to framerate.

Isn't a new Nvidia game ready driver for this suppose to be released?

Edit: latest Driver IS the game ready driver for this game it seems.

Lister

Banned
i5 4690k (no overclock)
EVGA 1070 FTW
16GB RAM

Getting an average of 52 FPS in the benchmark with these settings:

Test higher af. It seldom causes any degradation in performance and its improvement on IQ is kind of staggering over 2x.

Blitzhex

Mouse accel, different x and y sensitivity.
0% sens is way too sensitive at anything above 800 dpi, ugh.
Excellent way to play a fps game.

Top Bottom