• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

golem

Game runs at 21:9 but FOV seems a bit close for me, gotta mess with it later

29149147016_cdb6ce914c_k.jpg

Also UI overload sheesh

Lister

Banned
Holy shit that is awful performance for the specs...is this a bad port? The game doesn't even look that great...

What is a bad port to you? This game might have some very high settings that need a performance pass.

Its in no way comparable to the console version which what i woild consider a bad port.

MikeSan

i5 6600k (not OC)
16Go DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
GTX 1080 FTW

Getting 58 FPS on the average, that's not quite what I expected when I bought this GPU monster...

d00d3n

The game seems to be running fine at 3840*1620 (dsr down to 2560*1080), FOV 80%, everything maxed except AO at "on" instead of "very high", MSAA off and contact hardening shadows "off". The frame rate stays over 60 fps with these settings. And I am prepared for city hub drops with my gsync.

The only downside is that my GPU sounds like a leafblower now ...

specs: 5820k@4.3, 16gb ram, Titan X Pascal (stock speed), windows 10

Lol, this may have been a bit premature. Using the benchmark in the extras menu, I get avg 39.4, min 32.3 and max 47.8 using the same settings. The benchmark area seems a bit more representative of hub Deus Ex ...

Diancecht

980ti, i7 6700k and 8gb. 1080p, everything ultra apart from shadows and msaa. Getting a solid 60 with drops to 58-57 at some points.

napata

Seems like a port where Carmack's tweet is relevant.

u37rxN2.png

Even a 980 barely gets above 60fps on medium. PS4 probably use a mixture of medium/high settings so you need much stronger hardware to just match the PS4. Some pretty bad optimization.

DF will be interesting.

A bad port is a game that cannot hold 60fps on medium settings on a GTX 980 at 1080p...

I mean, that's console settings and it can't hold 60fps on a GPU which is miles ahead of the console counterparts, let's not pretend this is the best looking game ever made either because we both know it isn't.

It looks like a badly optimized game based on those benchmark numbers imo, lately it seems like we are slipping back into the "shit port" era of games on PC, I can't remember the last time a game launched on PC other than Doom that was well optimized.

Do we actually know what settings are parallel to what the console versions are using?

ramshot

6700k @ 4.6Ghz
GTX980Ti STRIX, factory OC
16G DDR4/2400Mhz
Win10

Starting scene facing the outside 1440p at Ultra without MSAA was around 45fps.

Dropped preset to very high, raised textures to ultra, offed hard contact shadows, dropped shadows down one notch, motion blur and DOF off, and it's now 68fps.

That will do for now. I just hope there is no/little asset stream stutter, and this seems playable.

paischu

Anyone found the .ini files for disabling mouse acceleration and different sensitivites for Y and X?

Unplayable like this.

Blitzhex

Anyone found the .ini files for disabling mouse acceleration and different sensitivites for Y and X?

Unplayable like this.

There's a folder in my docs and one in appdata/roaming. Both are empty. No easy to configure .ini so far. Guess you have to make one or something.

napata

The cpu only having 4 threads is probably the issue.

Also, just because something doesn't look great doesn't mean it isn't going to push your hardware.

Medium requires a 1070 to not drop below 60fps. They're also using a 5960x so it's not cpu related. PS4 probably runs at higher settings than medium.

"Lastly, at 'Medium', which is the lowest settings we'd recommend playing on for a good time, performance is most likely to increase by just under 15 percent or so. Even so, all the 2GB cards still have minimums below 30fps, but the R9 280X 3GB just manages to hit this target. The GTX 1070 also finally exceed 60fps on the minimum, but you're unlikely to buy a GTX 1070 to play at medium settings. "

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/08/23/deus-ex-mankind-divided-benchmarked/3

Keeps crashing, this is the error message. Maybe because I only have 8 gigs of ram?

Getting this error on high settings as well. Medium is fine, so something in the high settings is causing it. Maybe cloth physics? I have to work now, so I can't test til later. I have 16gb of RAM.

How long did the decompression / de-encryption post-patch take for everyone?

Took me 3 minutes on a raid0 of SSDs.

Sanctuary

Holy shit, my 980 is garbage at 4k for this game. :(

This couldn't have been a serious expectation. Also, I don't understand why people would have AF at any other multiplier than 16x. It's one of the lowest performance costing enhancements that is extremely noticeable in game. 2x, 4x and even 8x just seem like arbitrary numbers used "just because".

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Very interested in how it runs on the FX6300, Tomb Raider ran surprisingly well at high settings, so I have high hopes this is a quality port as well.

d00d3n

Lol, this may have been a bit premature. Using the benchmark in the extras menu, I get avg 39.4, min 32.3 and max 47.8 using the same settings. The benchmark area seems a bit more representative of hub Deus Ex ...

Ambient occlusion "very high" takes it down to avg 37.9, min 31.7, and max 45.5

Getting this error on high settings as well. Medium is fine, so something in the high settings is causing it. Maybe cloth physics? I have to work now, so I can't test til later. I have 16gb of RAM.

Holy shit. WTF is causing it then? I have a 1080 with 8gb of ram FFS.

Kudo

Off to a great start, can't figure how to get 1440p@60fps in the benchmark with GTX 1070.
Anyone have tips? I get 45fps with these and honestly don't know where to go down next.

drotahorror

i7 5820k 3.9 ghz
GTX 1080
32GB

1440p
Avg 50+

As I said in my review Ultra textures can hit hard. Contact Harding shadows seem to make a 4-5 fps difference as well while many of them make a 2-3. Shouldn't be too hard for most to find a playable framerate. But as the graphs show, locking it at 60 will require some adjustments.

Why would Ultra Textures hit hard though? 8gb of vram should be enough I'd think? Textures aren't typically that taxing are they?

I find it weird that a lot of people are getting crashes when my game is running just fine, is there a certain problem most people are having?

Top Bottom