• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

I'm having no issue at all with the performance.

In fact, I really appreciate the wealth of meaningful graphical options in this port.

(I do have one problem with it, and that's mouse acceleration)

MSAA and volumetric lighting require performance? Who would have thought ;)

(But really, I'm quite certain a lot of the "outraged" people have MSAA on. Probably should have put that [greatly appreciated] setting in an ini file just because people can't be trusted with some options)

There's no need to be this smug, man. People are coming here for help, not to be told how dumb they are for wanting their game to run nicely on high settings.

AJLma

Quick test, 36FPS average/29 low/41 high in the benchmark @ 4K on a Titan XP with AA off, SSR ON, not Ultra. Everything else maxed. Seems promising, lots of really demanding options in this game. Running it maxed at any resolution seems like a task.

Maybe in the future devs should adopt the preset model from "The Division", this could prevent a lot of people complaining about bad performance. The Ultra preset in "The Division" was tuned in a way that you get 60 fps with a 980Ti. But there where also additional options available which exceeded the Ultra preset.

dr_rus

The benchmarks are all over the place, with three sources reporting different information basically. What can be said for sure is that AMD have successfully FUBARed another game with their GE program with 1060 somehow running slower than 970 for some people, 480 sometimes being on 980Ti level and Fury approaching 1070's performance. I mean, seriously, they don't get enough flak for this shit after all the years of them talking how awful Gameworks are for them.

A lot of misinformation floating around then.

I have no idea why someone decided that AMD's CHS is a big performance hit nowadays. I remember running them on Fermi just fine.

Kade

i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
GTX 970 4GB
8GB RAM

This is what I'm getting on the High preset @ 1920x1080, vsync off:

What graphic option is making the performance so bad?

Out of curiousity, I tried the benchmark with everything but the resolution set to the lowest they could possibly go in the menu and these were the results:

UfJ7Epi.png

I don't think I'll be able to run this game at 60FPS @ 1080. Runs just as bad in-game too. :/

Vallasin

Neo Member
The game has terrible mouse acceleration for me and is super sensitive. Runs at 40fps on a i7 4790k & 1070 on the High preset. Not very playable in this state, honestly.

Same here, mouse acceleration and very high sensitivity even with low ingame sensitivity settings.

Tried switching to controller but there's no native support for the DS4 in this game. Welp, gotta wait for a mouse fix then :/

Performance seems to be pretty good though.
i5-3570k stock, GTX970, 8GB RAM, Win 10
1080p, high preset, highest AO, tesselation, no contact hardening shadows, temporal AA -> around 70 fps in the starting area

drotahorror

Still wondering why Ultra textures is a performance hog supposedly. Anyone chime in? If you have the VRAM it shouldn't be an issue I would think.

Durante

There's no need to be this smug, man. People are coming here for help, not to be told how dumb they are for wanting their game to run nicely on high settings.
I'm sorry for people that legitimately come for help, but the repercussions of outrage culture on the settings available in games affect my enjoyment of them.

If me being smug can reduce that even slightly then you bet I will be.

According to 80% posts on this forum and on Steam, no it doesn't.
Well, most likely a lot of those people are using settings inappropriate for their hardware.

Plum

Thinking of just locking this to 60fps. Haven't actually started yet but it seems like my 980 ti won't be enough to get 70+fps constantly at the settings I want, and even with G-Sync that doesn't result in the best experience for me.

jrcbandit

I think the benchmark is screwed up. Changing options barely changes it from 43 FPS average, other than MSAA drastically changing it. However, in game, I'm getting around 60 fps.

Ghazi

Gemüsepizza;214724133 said:
I get twice as much fps at 1440p / Ultra with a comparable hardware configuration. That's not normal. Do you have the latest game ready drivers installed? Is MSAA disabled? If this doesn't work, do you have a tool where you can view hardware usage and frequencies during gaming?
I have Afterburner installed and I can get some stats later, have to head to class. V-sync was off, MSAA was on its lowest setting, and yes I have the latest drivers. I'm going to tinker with it when I get back from class because, I agree, something seems wrong.

I didn't get a chance to mess with the settings much before I had to head out.

I get 20fps at Very High preset with my 980Ti/i7-6700k, which is a shame. Guess I'll have to wait for them to update it a bit, or drop to medium/low.

Nah. You have MSAA on. Turn it off. Leave it on very high.
---
My specs:
Titan X (Maxwell) @ 1415mhz core + 550 Mhz on the Memory
Core i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz
24 GB 1600 mhz DDR3
1920X1080

I have everything on the Ultra settings that it can go up to, no MSAA, no CA, no sharpening. The lowest I saw it go to so far was 58 fps at these settings. Just on the opening mission though. This is what it looks like:
Bonus image of no SSR on a puddle (quite the strange art decision / glitch:

patapuf

It seems in game and benchmark performance can differ quite a bit.

I don't have an FPS counter on but on my 680 it seems pretty smooth at 1080p and mid-high settings/ MSAA off.

I think the benchmark is screwed up. Changing options barely changes it from 43 FPS average, other than MSAA drastically changing it. However, in game, I'm getting around 60 fps.

Yeah that completely fixed the game for me.

I think the benchmark is running this game on ultra.

JohngPR

For me the game is running well, just trying to find that option that can lock it at 60fps during benchmarks. Floating around 52fps with most things on very high.

According to 80% posts on this forum and on Steam, no it doesn't.

How did those people come to this conclusion? By saying that they don't get 60 fps with a specific preset on their hardware? Those presets are completely arbitrary, and not comparable across games. This is not a suitable basis to say "this game does not perform well".

If 1080 SLI can't give you stable 60fps with MSAA off, that's not very good performance, sorry. That's bad.

I doubt that those "80%" who are complaining use SLI. You should know that SLI can introduce even more performance problems, especially on launch day.

Henrar

Everything maxed (everything, including MSAAx8) just for fun.
i7 5960x@4.4
Dual Titan X (Maxwell) clocked at 1250MHz
32GB of RAM

20 FPS (yes, twenty) in the first area at 1440p.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Whelp. Another port that is borderline unplayable.

First NMS and now this.

Fucking ridiculous.

The NEO and Scorpio can't come out soon enough. Don't have time for this shit.

Goon

Does anyone have similar specs to me? What kind of performance are you getting or what do you guys expect me to get.

16GB drr3 2133 mhz RAM
1060 GTX
3570K @ 4.4 Ghz

As far as I can tell it's a great port.

Runs at 50-60 FPS for me at 2560x1440 with 2xMSAA and all other settings at the "Ultra" preset (except for chromatic aberration and sharpening, which I disabled).

Really good IQ.

I agree. Maybe if the visuals were sub-par, but so far they look excellent. Just run the benchmark to see what the game can look like when it's throwing a lot of effects on screen at once.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm having no issue at all with the performance.

In fact, I really appreciate the wealth of meaningful graphical options in this port.

(I do have one problem with it, and that's mouse acceleration)

MSAA and volumetric lighting require performance? Who would have thought ;)

(But really, I'm quite certain a lot of the "outraged" people have MSAA on. Probably should have put that [greatly appreciated] setting in an ini file just because people can't be trusted with some options)

Oh wait, it has deffered rendering MSAA? Which is extremely expensive? So lower our pitchforks?

wbEMX

Well.
HZQ5V8R.jpg

i7-4790K, ASUS GTX 970 STRIX with OC enabled, 8 GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, 7200RPM HDD.
Setting: Everything on High, TAA enabled, Contact Shadows and Sharpen Filter disabled. Still need to get real-game performance, though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Benchmark is some hot trash. It either straight up crashes or has no sound effects lol.

Anyway, in the bench volumetric lighting at ultra vs on loses 7 fps which is a lot.

On starting shot in bench with 6700k, 980ti, 16gb ddr4 i get 50 fps with things set to a mix of very high or ultra. No MSAA and contact shadows off.

This game has very poor performance.

jediyoshi

0% mouse sensitivity is the only bearable setting for me. if it were any higher, i might've just switched to controller.

Lister

Banned

First NMS and now this.

Fucking ridiculous.

I'm starting to think some people have an agenda in these types of threads.

I mean really? Unplayable? The console versions must be trash then.

First NMS and now this.

Fucking ridiculous.

It's nowhere near as bad as NMS, even when I tinkered with the settings I was still getting random hitches. At least with this port of DXMD it's easy to fix it.

Played the first mission, preset high, sharpness off, FoV at 85 %

Got 60fps most of the time, never dropped below 55fps.

i5 6600k, 970 and 16GB ram, all stock.

Seems like a good port?
Nice. Those are my specs too. Still have a few more hours at work though til i can play.

How does it look?

Rizzi

I'd love to know how it runs on my PC, but I can't even get the download to finish. It sits at 99% and then gives me a disk error.

Top Bottom