• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 PC - Now Available

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Works lovely on my laptop. I couldn't believe it!

Go nVidia 135M GO!

In the demo version I had to use the keyboard for all controls to match with the original controller design, ala no free camera mode with mouse and clicks.

Maybe I didn't set enough time with this to see if I could remap but did the control options change any for retail?

Game looked great.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Even though the game is pro-360 controller, I like playing w/ the DS2 much, much better, only there's no rumble.

Mamesj

Banned
EGM92 said:
Thank you for proving me wrong! I got it to work. Plays great. Now I do have a 9800GX2 on my desktop but I'll be playing this mostly on my laptop.

No problem.

I'm not sure if this is happening with yours too, but every time I connect my DS3, I have to double click the driver to get the controller to register in windows. Dunno why. Not a big deal compared to spending money on a 360 controller, but it's a little annoying.

EGM92

Mamesj said:
No problem.

I'm not sure if this is happening with yours too, but every time I connect my DS3, I have to double click the driver to get the controller to register in windows. Dunno why. Not a big deal compared to spending money on a 360 controller, but it's a little annoying.

Everytime I want to use it, I have to press the PS button, then open Command.exe and type "C:\PS3.exe" which is what I renamed the PS3 file that was in the zip. If I just double click it the CMD window crashes. I do have many many wireless 360 pads, problem is no wireless receiver for those. I have just recently bought one from a fellow gaffer but it will take a couple of weeks to get here which I can't wait for :D

Question about configuring the DS3. I don't have DMC4 for the consoles so I don't know if it has this or not, but does the right analog stick control the camera? if so what is the config for the right analog stick. I can get the R3 button to work but not the stick itself. My left stick works fine registered to X and Y.

Zenith

Banned
I completed the game and just tried the muliple enemies mode. holy shiiiiiiiitttt, it's fucking epic. and it's so easy to get SSS style.

one question, what does the "automatic" option mean? it comes up every time ou start a new campaign or select the change character option. I assumed it meant switch on automatic levelling but I wouldn't have thought they'd give the option so much prominence.

also is it possible to play as Dante in Nero's missions after your first runthrough because there doesn't seem to be any option to.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Im thinking of getting a HD 4850, got a 7900GTO currently, anyone think i can get solid 60 fps at 1680x1050 with that card on everything high?

got 2GB ram and standard conroe E6600.

So this game has PS3 controller support? I could never get my controller working on either Mass Effect of Gears of War...

Edit: NVM, just read a few posts up. Still stinks that I can't get it to work with Gears. Grr.

Xyphie

I have a HD 4850 and an E8400 @ 3.6 and I get S-rank in the benchmark on 1680x1050 with 8xAA and everything on Super High. FPS never dropped below 60 in the test. Haven't bought the full game though because I have it on 360 so I can't speak for LDK mode.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Xyphie said:
I have a HD 4850 and an E8400 @ 3.6 and I get S-rank in the benchmark on 1680x1050 with 8xAA and everything on Super High. FPS never dropped below 60 in the test. Haven't bought the full game though because I have it on 360 so I can't speak for LDK mode.

holy crap.

yeah im getting the HD4850 for sure now :p

Xyphie

Zenith said:
how does that work? you just hold down the button and it plays through the attacks?

You just press sword attack and it does shit for you automatically. I think it's terrible.

Xyphie said:
You just press sword attack and it does shit for you automatically. I think it's terrible.

I wouldn't call it terrible.

It's a mode where the activation energy to perform various attacks and combos is lessened. Meaning, the game will contextually perform special attacks for you when you just press the attack button. You can still 'override' this by inputting the special attack on your own regularly.

For anyone with any sense to play an action game, it decreases the fun factor. But for those who aren't versed in action games, it makes the game more interesting, a type of gamer that doesn't exist on GAF.

Most people end up playing on auto off simply because they don't know what the hell it does and the game always defaults to auto off each type you select a new game or load up a new save.

Prime crotch said:
Any sales numbers for this? I'm really curious to see how this did and why didn't Capcom put it on Steam like before?

[insert the hundreds of thousands of torrent download link here]

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom doesn't really care too much for future PC ports.

I dare anyone in this thread to actually post a pic of the PC boxart.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Capcom knew this was coming.

Mamesj

Banned
C- Warrior said:
[insert the hundreds of thousands of torrent download link here]

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom doesn't really care too much for future PC ports.

I dare anyone in this thread to actually post a pic of the PC boxart.

There's no way this could've sold less than the Onimusha 3, DMC 3, and RE4 trifecta of shit. Apparently Lost Planet did well enough to warrant the expansion too. I have no doubt we'll still get RE5.

I imagine, after the PS3/360 sales of the game, the PC port doesn't have high expectations behind it.

P.S. this game is fucking awesome. I'm enjoying it a lot more the second time through. definitely my favorite action game of this gen so far (I can't count Sigma, but that would be it if I did just 'cause I love NG1 so much.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mamesj said:
P.S. this game is fucking awesome. I'm enjoying it a lot more the second time through. definitely my favorite action game of this gen so far (I can't count Sigma, but that would be it if I did just 'cause I love NG1 so much.)
Be careful, we're on GAF remember?

DiddyBop

:lol havent seen a single pic of this game in the pickup thread. but hey,everyone pirates once in a while in some form,no need to be ashamed.

big_z

the game was good up until you get to play as dante. after that it felt like developers got tired of the game and just used copy/paste to finish it.

Mamesj

Banned
Seiken said:
Be careful, we're on GAF remember?

yeah, my policy these days is fuck gaf. :lol

NG2 is not the deeper or more competitive game, though for many it's the more fun game. Those people will say it improved on NG1 all the way and I can respect that, but I disagree completely.

DMC4 won me over by staying DMC with improvements. NG2 lost out by straying too far from NG1 in many ways that irked me (both technically speaking and gameplay-wise.) But I'll still hold on to my copy of it and play it frequently.

In the end though, I'm a bit disappointed by both games.

Mamesj said:
NG2 is not the deeper or more competitive game, though for many it's the more fun game. .

I wouldn't go that far...at all. In fact, with all the camera problems, shitty bosses, annoying shuriken based enemies -- NG2 is probably unplayable for most people.

I think DMC3:SE is the best action game thus far, but DMC4 is very good. Just too much repetition at the end.

In fact, booting up DMC4 again recently on PC just showed me how much more polished DMC4 is than NG2. Visually, artistically (just take a look at the bosses). Just compare the nuclear explosion (from Berial) to the nuclear explosion (from those retarded dual armadillos). That specific example in boss design, aesthetics (both artistic and tech) is prevalent throughout the entire game. I think NG1 is supremely better than NG2. Ugh. It also goes to say that after playing NG2, DMC4's camera system is a god-send. I think that says something more about NG2 than DMC4.

Capcom is technically to this generation what Team Ninja was to last gen. This is the case triple - fold especially after seeing RE5.

DiddyBop said:
:lol havent seen a single pic of this game in the pickup thread. but hey,everyone pirates once in a while in some form,no need to be ashamed.

Yeah, but the best version of a great game (in a underrepresented genre on PC) from a Japanese developer with added content and budget price -does not- deserve to pirated. There comes a time when even the biggest pirates have to have some draw-line in morality for fucks sake.

Mamesj

Banned
I wouldn't go that far...at all. In fact, with all the camera problems, shitty bosses, annoying shuriken based enemies -- NG2 is probably unplayable for most people.

my point is that you still see a ton of "omg so much better than ng1 comments" from people who aren't hardcore NG players. Then the top NG1 players seem to despise NG2.

I guess I don't have any idea if people like it better than DMC4 or not. ;)

For anyone getting that long load with the black grey bar, I have a fix for you.
Look for \nativePC\shaderlog1.slg in your DMC4 folder and rename the file to anything. Seems everyone with a 7xxx Geforce and under has the black grey bar loading, renaming that file will get rid of it, you'll get some choppiness at the start of performance test, but playing the game will be smooth.

BishopLamont said:
For anyone getting that long load with the black grey bar, I have a fix for you.
Look for \nativePC\shaderlog1.slg in your DMC4 folder and rename the file to anything. Seems everyone with a 7xxx Geforce and under has the black grey bar loading, renaming that file will get rid of it, you'll get some choppiness at the start of performance test, but playing the game will be smooth.

Thanks!

I renamed it "shitterlog.slg" and the game starts as soon as I select it (unlike before when the loading took ~2 minutes).

Pretty cool game, but I'll probably pick it up when it hits bargain status at about £10.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Can anyone tell me if the game supports quick save/quick load anywhere?

"I dare anyone in this thread to actually post a pic of the PC boxart."

2l92ys1.jpg

Keep your assumptions and conspiracy theories elsewhere. This thread is about the game itself.

":lol havent seen a single pic of this game in the pickup thread. but hey,everyone pirates once in a while in some form,no need to be ashamed."

Tons of people don't post in that thread.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

2l92ys1.jpg

Keep your assumptions and conspiracy theories elsewhere. This thread is about the game itself.

":lol havent seen a single pic of this game in the pickup thread. but hey,everyone pirates once in a while in some form,no need to be ashamed."

Yeah, I ask for extra display boxes from stores too. They look nice!

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

2l92ys1.jpg

We have a sale! That makes two people who've legally purchased the game :lol :lol :lol

Oh you PC gamers...

bee

C- Warrior said:
We have a sale! That makes two people who've legally purchased the game :lol :lol :lol

Oh you PC gamers...

eh? so only pc gamers who goto the bother of taking a photo of the box and pasting it on here actually buy games then? yeah nice one

none of this shite would ever be said in a ds or psp thread and those are formats with equally high levels of piracy

"Yeah, I ask for extra display boxes from stores too. They look nice!"

f44fg5.jpg

Picture speaks for itself.

"We have a sale! That makes two people who've legally purchased the game

Oh you PC gamers..."

Why even come in pc threads?

"eh? so only pc gamers who goto the bother of taking a photo of the box and pasting it on here actually buy games then? yeah nice one

none of this shite would ever be said in a ds or psp thread and those are formats with equally high levels of piracy"

Ya sadly they only fuck up pc threads.

bee

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya sadly they only fuck up pc threads.

i don't often get angry by lame forum posts but this one has got me pretty close, you've gone to the trouble of posting a photo of the game box as asked for and then they claim its a fucking display box, what the fuck do you people want a fucking signed box from a judge?
unbelievable

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Yeah, I ask for extra display boxes from stores too. They look nice!"

f44fg5.jpg

Picture speaks for itself.
Why so angry? :(
And display boxes did have ratings, at least when I worked at Toys 'R Us.

RevenantKioku

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Why so angry? :("

Sarcasm detector broken apparently :(
That is one way to try to deflect the attention from yourself, sure.

Top Bottom