• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 PC - Now Available

bee

RevenantKioku said:
That is one way to try to deflect the attention from yourself, sure.

so let me get this straight, you mistake the outer cardboard sleeve (covering a pc game dvd box) as a display box and then go on to say hes trying to deflect attention away from himself?

i need screen shots of crazy number of enemies mode in bloody palace. get to work gaf/ pirated copy or not i cant play the game cuz my card is only dx9c compatable. also i sure there is a way to use the ps3 pad with a pc as well through usb connector but i never got drivers to work.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
bee said:
so let me get this straight, you mistake the outer cardboard sleeve (covering a pc game dvd box) as a display box and then go on to say hes trying to deflect attention away from himself?
I did what now?

"i need screen shots of crazy number of enemies mode in bloody palace. get to work gaf/ pirated copy or not i cant play the game cuz my card is only dx9c compatable. also i sure there is a way to use the ps3 pad with a pc as well through usb connector but i never got drivers to work."

Hmm, I don't remember if it was this thread or the demo thread but someone explained how to get the sixaxis/dualshock 3 to work if you don't mind searching.

Why does GAF have to shit up every PC gaming thread? People don't have to prove anything to some internet warrior.

PC gaming is a niche on this board, we know that, so please let the few of us that are passionate for it discuss the games and the format in peace, its not much to ask, no?

As it happens I don't own the game, but I'm following this thread as I plan to buy it as soon as my money "situation" is sorted. And no, believe it or not, I didn't pirate it in the meantime.

bee

RevenantKioku said:
I did what now?

as i see it he went to the effort of posting a photo of a perfectly legitimate game box then you posted this

RevenantKioku said:
Yeah, I ask for extra display boxes from stores too. They look nice!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Fuck, my pork and whiskey!
bee said:
as i see it he went to the effort of posting a photo of a perfectly legitimate game box then you posted this
Yeah, I'm going to give you a minute to think over the possibilities here.

Okay, you got two minutes. Your lucky day, I guess.
I was just fucking with him, brah.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"i need screen shots of crazy number of enemies mode in bloody palace. get to work gaf/ pirated copy or not i cant play the game cuz my card is only dx9c compatable. also i sure there is a way to use the ps3 pad with a pc as well through usb connector but i never got drivers to work."

Hmm, I don't remember if it was this thread or the demo thread but someone explained how to get the sixaxis/dualshock 3 to work if you don't mind searching.

ill have to look it up. but still gaf GIVE ME SCREEN SHOTS NOW. please. of like a triple sss rank from one forward nero spin fire rev thing. have it hit like a cajllion people.

thats all this thread should be about is how AWESOME the new stuff is and that it runs really well on current cheap cards like the 4850. not anything else. post your i proved i didnt pirate shit in july pickup thread. go bitch about piracy to someone not on the internet, cuz its not worth it here. This the is the DMC4 pc thread 100s of demons at 100fps.

bee

RevenantKioku said:
Fuck, my pork and whiskey!

Yeah, I'm going to give you a minute to think over the possibilities here.

Okay, you got two minutes. Your lucky day, I guess.

I was just fucking with him, brah

ahh that old chestnut

Mamesj

Banned
i bought it too

28368z.jpg

The super characters = hella fun it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oaDBynKfS0

wowza...that will be freaking sweet on LDK mode. must...resist...save file.

Mamesj

Banned
finally got around to finishing normal mode tonight and played the first couple missions in LDK which is the BEST MODE EVER. Shit is absolutely bananas.

Mamesj

Banned
awesome, so this thread is pretty much ruined, someone wanna start a new one where we actually discuss the game and not who bought it and who didn't?

'cause I like talking about games with you all, but I don't really give a shit about your purchasing habits, to tell you the truth :lol

Draft

dmc4benchresultspngrn9.png

So I'm definitely buying this.

But I need a controller.

I kind of want to just grab a wired X360 controller, since that will of course serve as a second controller for my Xbox, and it works automatically in all GFW titles. But, I'd probably also be doing some ROMMING and what not, and the d-pad is just so fucking awful.

What gamepads are people playing this with?

Draft said:
I kind of want to just grab a wired X360 controller, since that will of course serve as a second controller for my Xbox, and it works automatically in all GFW titles. But, I'd probably also be doing some ROMMING and what not, and the d-pad is just so fucking awful.

Not sure but the wired 360 controller feels terrific with it which doesn't happen with every PC title.

"What gamepads are people playing this with?"

I've been using the wired 360 controller I got over a year ago whenever I need a controller on my pc since you don't have to mess around with assigning keys or anything. I've been playing DMC4 with the keyboard though.

Mamesj

Banned
Draft said:

But I need a controller.

I'm using a 360 pad, but you're right, it sucks with retro and fighting games. I have a Dualshock 3, but it doesn't rumble and is kinda ghetto, since you have to double click some driver every time you want to use it and it doesn't rumble. If you want to save a few bucks, you can pick up a used 360 wireless receiver for about $10 on amazon or ebay. Works great.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Damn. That super character shit is intense! Goddamn!

Anyone playing this w/ a stick? I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Draft said:
dmc4benchresultspngrn9.png

But I need a controller.

I'd go for the wired 360 pad. I know the d-pad is from satan's anus, but most PC games wouldn't have you worry about the d-pad AFAIK.

Also, it's great to use as a primary 360 controller since you aren't in shit knee deep buying AA batteries every month.

Also, check this out:

DMC4 combo vid -- Dante

linsivvi

Holy shit I totally ignored this thread since I thought it's just like the other PC ports from Capcom. I've not even finished the PS3 version for some reason. Now I'm so tempted to get the PC version due to the LDK mode alone.

Mamesj

Banned
linsivvi said:
Holy shit I totally ignored this thread since I thought it's just like the other PC ports from Capcom. I've not even finished the PS3 version for some reason. Now I'm so tempted to get the PC version due to the LDK mode alone.

it's worth it. LDK mode + turbo (regular turbo, not the turbo in the vid!) is heaven.

VaLiancY

I was going to buy an extra controller for sessions at home and GameTap arcade games but I'll just pop down $20 for the Wireless adapter so I can use the controllers I already own.

Mamesj

Banned
badcrumble said:
I hope this doesn't qualify as speculative port talk - I'd love it if these upgraded super characters were available for the PS360 versions. I guess I'm still hoping for a Special Edition release.

omg banned

just kidding. hey, colonies edition was pretty unexpected, so maybe capcom will update this.

Vaporak

VaLiancY said:
I was going to buy an extra controller for sessions at home and GameTap arcade games but I'll just pop down $20 for the Wireless adapter so I can use the controllers I already own.

Does the wireless adapter allow multiple controllers to be used on the PC or just one?

Ywap

C- Warrior said:
[insert the hundreds of thousands of torrent download link here]

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom doesn't really care too much for future PC ports.

I dare anyone in this thread to actually post a pic of the PC boxart.

2r5qfs4.jpg

Sorry for the big pic!

Anyway, the 360 pad for windows is on the way and should arrive in 2 days. I can´t wait :D

Mamesj

Banned
Ywap said:
So, has anyone beaten "Legendary Dark Knight" mode in this fantastic game?

I'm alternating between LDK and SoS. I replay mission 2 in LDK a lot (haven't tried mission 3 yet.) It's amazingly fun. One of the funnest gaming experiences I've had in recent memory :D

Ywap

Mamesj said:
I'm alternating between LDK and SoS. I replay mission 2 in LDK a lot (haven't tried mission 3 yet.) It's amazingly fun. One of the funnest gaming experiences I've had in recent memory :D

Totally agree, it´s amazingly fun as you put it!

I just beat the She-Viper in LDK. It´s a little embarrasing to admit, but i had to use a holy water in the middle of the level......

I consider myself addicted :D

Don't play into the trolls guys, no need to post a picture of the game to prove you bought it. It's no ones damn business whether we bought it, pirated or stole it off a granny.

That turbo+ mode is tits, can't wait to see what crazy shit you can pull off.

dk_ said:
Only 4 people bought the game in this thread. Holy shit! :lol
Exactly what I'm talking about. GTFO please.

regret

Back to how awesome this game is. I just beat bloody palace with nero. Charge shot is almost too powerfull when you learn how to charge and fight at the same time. Now I need to finish the game on dmd.

NIGHT-

I just got a new PC from a gaffer with windows 7 trial loaded.

I tried installing DMC4 from the disc and it keeps freezing when it gets to installing Direct X 9.

Is this just something to do with my copy of windiows? ( I've been having other issues like numerous firefox and IE crashes as well) or something else?

Either way my copy of Windows 7 home should be in tomorrow.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
y'know, i kinda miss old pc gaf threads. these days i feel like some sullen crippled vet swearing at traffic and threatening the neighbours kids with my garand.

Draft said:
I can't believe this game never went on-sale through Steam. It was always on my buy at $10 list.
It got added to Steam late.

Maybe this Christmas. RE5's best sale was like $20 off, so Capcom doesn't like to firesale these things.

Top Bottom