• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry HD trilogy confirmed.

Amir0x

Banned
Calcaneus said:
I just hope NT wasn't their first choice. Like if they came out and said "hey, we called up Platinum and they wanted nothing to do with us", I would feel a little better.

I think they saw Heavenly Sword and thought "this developer can do epic" and that was probably their first and only reason. I can't think of some other reason they'd select them, since it seems their stated goal is to have DMC sales surpass God of War sales substantially or something like that.

I just think it's a classic case of a Japanese publisher/developer not getting it in this new modern game development world, and it's going to bite them in the ass.

Anyway, this isn't another DmC topic, but it makes me glad we're getting this. One last hurrah for this embattled franchise.

Spokeys

I absolutely loved Bayonetta but thought DMC4 was pretty meh. However, I'll definitely be checking this out as Kamiya had a large part in this series. Also, I'm really morbidly curious about DMC2. I never played it, but damn do I remember the hate and rage that it made people experience. I want to see if I experience this myself!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Keyser Soze said:
Great Double Pack
OOOOoooohhhhh! Haha!

Man... why is it so tempting to buy all the games I loved from last generation on this generation's hardware?

SFIII 3rd Strike, Ico/SotC, RE4, and soon MGS and DMC...

It's like the planets have aligned perfectly with a need for nostalgia and these companies re-releasing/re-mastering stuff. Very strange, but very cool.

Lyonaz said:
Also this collection will demolish DmC in sales!...

highly possible. were i new to the series, an affordable hd version of the original trilogy would be a lot more appealing to me than the latest 'iteration'...

&, were i not new to the series, & knew what i know, well, it's no contest :) ...

Monocle

Fuck yeah! There will be no alternate timeline, nor any ethereal dimension or parallel universe, in which I haven't bought the bejesus out of this.

legacyzero said:
DMC2 was awesome. Fuck the haters.
Not if you're interested in good gameplay or a coherent story or an appealing art style or any semblance of continuity with the rest of the series.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Capcom, I truly appreciate you guys rewarding fans of the series. Though you may not know, DMC is my favorite series of all time however I would LOVE to have an HD remaster compilation of the Onimisha series, Samurai's Destiny was the best inarguably! Wish they'd continue the series I've thought up the perfect pitch! But back on topic Im glad to see an HD DMC remaster series finally came about.

Foil

thuway said:
Damn, this is pretty amazing. Now we have -

ICO/SOTC HD
GoW Collection HD
Sly Cooper Collection HD
MGS Collection HD
Final Fantasy X HD Remake

What the hell is left?

Ace Combat Collection (AC4, AC5, ACZ)
Grand Theft Auto Collection (GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA)
Jak & Daxter Collection (J&D, Jak II, Jak 3)
Jet Set Radio Collection (JGR, JSRF)
Max Payne Collection
Ratchet & Clank Collection (RC, GC, UYA)
Shenmue HD Collection
SSX Collection (SSX, Tricky, SSX 3)
Star Wars KOTOR Collection

And of course the one collection that I want more than any other, so it obviously won't happen.

Legacy Of Kain Collection (SR-Dreamcast, SR2, Defiance, BO2-Xbox)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hikash Winzalf said:
That we get exited for old games for example. And that we buy them a second time with a great smile and a hard dick.
Interesting that you associate "a great smile and a hard dick" with depression...

Maybe it is strange that some of us will buy these games again, but no stranger than owning a game on two or more different platforms - digital is just a new medium that is more convenient for a lot of people; especially when they want to play some classics and don't have access to the older hardware.

Some of us are simply getting excited for good games, new and old alike. DMC3 still stands up gameplay-wise today, regardless of how "old" you view it as. Also remember a lot of people who are excited have never owned a PS2, let alone experienced these games.

Basically, let the baby have it's bottle.

_dementia said:
Maybe DmC is further away than we expect.

IIRC they have already stated that DmC will release next year. Cant find the specific press release but its TBA 2012.

I still cant see it being released any later than early September. If this hadn't been announced for Feb I would of still said April. That is still close enough to for people to have DMCHD fresh in their memory.

Not only that but by that time we should a definitive answer to the bayonetta question, NG3 (for all tis flaws) will have been released as will lollipop chainsaw and Asura's wrath. Plenty of reasons to ignore DmC in its entirety.

legacyzero

Banned
Haunted said:
Either your first videogame so you have fond memories, or terrible taste.

You decide.
I think I just like some of the aesthetics. It's my favorite look of Dante, too.

But yeah, you're right, the story was fuckin TERRIBLE lol.

Cels

I hope they have REAL bonus content, not just art that I could look at on the internet if I felt like it.

ezekial45

Banned
I wonder if we're gonna see anything for DmC in this week's Famitsu. They visited Ninja Theory's offices a couple weeks back, and it being around the time of the 10th anniversary would make the timing perfect.

Darkatomz

OH SHIT! FINALLY!

Although I'm a little skeptical of Capcom with this stuff after RE4 HD, which I heard wasn't a very good HD port.

Jigsaw

Banned
Darkatomz said:
OH SHIT! FINALLY!

Although I'm a little skeptical of Capcom with this stuff after RE4 HD, which I heard wasn't a very good HD port.

it's still the best version of the game

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Jigsaw said:
it's still the best version of the game

Seriously. The HD version gets way too much hate on GAF. Could they have done more with it? Sure. But it's RE4 in HD, and I'm glad I paid for it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dahbomb said:
GOD DAMN SON.... I AM SO FUCKING LATE TO THE CRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYY PARTY!!!!!

Yoshichan said:
THIS PARTY'S GETTING CRAZY...

*awaits*

:D:D:D:D

Orcastar

Never got a chance to play these when they first came out (my dad bought me GTA3 for Christmas when I asked for DMC, grrr...), so count me in.

Monocle said:
Look who hasn't played DMC3.

played .... I even had the "special edition". It wasn't terrible, but surerly not great.

better than the second of course .... but the first one was the one really good in the trilogy.

Elixist

Danielsan said:
Also look at that DMC1 church. Art direction DMC1 >>>>>>>>>>>> all other DMC games after it.

Preach it brother, although 4 has some pretty good art like the starting area. DMC 1 enemies were more varied and interesting as well imo.

Danielsan

Elixist said:
Preach it brother, although 4 has some pretty good art like the starting area. DMC 1 enemies were more varied and interesting as well imo.
I actually really liked DMC4's art style. Some missteps here and there but overall great. Still an amazing looking game to this date as well.

Top Bottom