• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry HD trilogy confirmed.

So why is someone hoping they're bringing back DMC1 Danta VA voice? I mean...why WOULDN'T it be in? Is there some chance they're going to fuck around like in the SH collection?
Please NO.

So anyway these are the base things I want from this:
- Crisp HD visuals with possibly updated textures (pretty much confirmed)
- 60 FPS constant
- HARD Trophies/Achievements (S Rank all modes/DMD, all Secret Missions, etc), 50+ trophies w/ Platinums (hell just copy DMC4 achievement template..just no RE4 shit where you don't even have to do tons of things to get 100%)
- Leaderboards/Friend Leaderboards for every mission on each difficulty in each game
- Everything about the games retained otherwise

Feindflug

Curufinwe said:
RE 4 HD looks great and runs at a rock solid framerate on my 360. If you want an abysmal technical port, try Splinter Cell Trilogy in HD.

Well I haven't played the supposedly awful Splinter Cell Trilogy HD but RE4 HD (also played the 360 version) is definitely not a great port, the best option if we exclude Dolphin for any HDTV owner yes but the IQ is still really disappointing for an HD version mainly because the shimmering is terrible - plus there are small frame drops here and there...a shame really. :(

Hopefully the DMC trilogy will be more polished because DMC1/3 are amazing games.

mandas

Neo Member
I just hope there is more content besides that artwork contest. I could see that on Deviant Art. I also don't want any DmC related content. That game is unrelated so please let it remain that way.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well I haven't played the supposedly awful Splinter Cell Trilogy HD but RE4 HD (also played the 360 version) is definitely not a great port, the best option if we exclude Dolphin for any HDTV owner yes but the IQ is still really disappointing for an HD version mainly because the shimmering is terrible - plus there are small frame drops here and there...a shame really. :(

My experience with RE4 HD was pretty good .. the only (major or otherwise) slowdown i noticed was when you freeze and blow up verdugo, slow down ville after that.

onken

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

Was only a matter of time but damn, this is fucking mine. I love HD remakes so hard, fuck the haters.

Monocle

mandas said:
I just hope there is more content besides that artwork contest. I could see that on Deviant Art. I also don't want any DmC related content. That game is unrelated so please let it remain that way.
All of this.

Also good on them for including two. I've never played it and I know it's supposed to be terrible but it'll be nice to try it out. Better than sweeping it under the carpet and pretending it doesn't exist like Konami and SH4.

gunbo13

Captain_Spanky said:
Also good on them for including two. I've never played it and I know it's supposed to be terrible but it'll be nice to try it out. Better than sweeping it under the carpet and pretending it doesn't exist like Konami and SH4.
I'd go with that.

Captain_Spanky said:
I'm really salty about The Room not being in the "collection"

Captain_Spanky said:
SH4 is a much better game than DMC2.

gunbo13

Captain_Spanky said:
I'd rather have a complete collection. Otherwise you're just George Lucas. You don't want to be George Lucas do you?
I'll be George Lucas. DMC2 is worse then the Phantom Menace.

Dahbomb

My guess is that the HD release will be used to market DmC in some way.

I wouldn't be shocked if it came with a demo of DmC as a way to promote the game. Or at least a trailer or two of the game.

mandas

Neo Member
Dahbomb said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it came with a demo of DmC as a way to promote the game. Or at least a trailer or two of the game.

If that happens then comparisons will be made. The trailer or demo had better be top notch.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:

They'll try to cross promote it. Frankly, I'd rather they not. I don't want DmC stuff adulterating the HD release.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dahbomb said:

A playable demo of DmC is the opposite of promotion.

It makes some business sense but putting anything DmC related in what should be a celebration of 10 years of Devil May Cry... well it feels very wrong.

Shapingo

The only great thing about DMC 2 is the ability to play as Trish. I wish the other games had secret playable character like Lady, Sparda.

mandas

Neo Member
First Name said:
It makes some business sense but putting anything DmC related in what should be a celebration of 10 years of Devil May Cry... well it feels very wrong.

I know but I think that is exactly what they are going to do. I don't think it is going to change minds unless they have something they haven't revealed yet. Vergil might be it but is that going to be enough? to save it

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I want the various character models for Dante to be available in the other games, so I don't have to play a shit game to look at DMC2 Dante. Because I think DMC2 Dante looks absolutely awesome.

Though I am fully aware this isn't happening. So I'll probably end up playing through DMC2 again. ;_;

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Brobzoid said:
I want the various character models for Dante to be available in the other games, so I don't have to play a shit game to look at DMC2 Dante. Because I think DMC2 Dante looks absolutely awesome.

Though I am fully aware this isn't happening. So I'll probably end up playing through DMC2 again. ;_;

Even if you don't like the default costumes, there aren't any others that you like in DMC1 or 3? There's quite a variety. DMC2 Dante does look good, though.

Himself

mandas said:
Do you think the HD collection will help the sales of DmC? That seems to be the question now.

As someone who has never played the originals, but is looking forward to them, I'd be more likely to at least check out DmC after becoming familiar with the series. I always like to start from the beginning and doubt I would have checked out DmC without playing the older ones first. Especially knowing Kamiya started it all.

Brobzoid said:

DMC2 Dante is an available skin in DMC3.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
GuardianE said:
Even if you don't like the default costumes, there aren't any others that you like in DMC1 or 3? There's quite a variety. DMC2 Dante does look good, though.
naw, DMC1 and 3 have nice enough costumes, but DMC2 is my favorite. would be a nice addition, that shouldn't be too difficult to add. (it won't tho)

Hanmik

jS0yU.jpg

Top Bottom