• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry HD trilogy confirmed.

I just hope these games have some decent achievements, unlike the two RE games. I'd be happy if they at least followed the DMC4 template, even though that game has its share of crappy/redundant achievements. Leaderboards would be nice as well.

Danielsan

iconoclast said:
I just hope these games have some decent achievements, unlike the two RE games. I'd be happy if they at least followed the DMC4 template, even though that game has its share of crappy/redundant achievements. Leaderboards would be nice as well.
Let's not get crazy here.

Dahbomb

It says BONUS CONTENT on there. Does it just mean Trophy/Achievements for DMC1 - DMC3SE? Or something else? Most likely just the former.

Also please let this not derail into a DMC3 vs DMC1 thread. Or even a DMC series vs DmC thread.

Danielsan

Dahbomb said:
It says BONUS CONTENT on there. Does it just mean Trophy/Achievements for DMC1 - DMC3SE? Or something else? Most likely just the former.

Also please let this not derail into a DMC3 vs DMC1 thread. Or even a DMC series vs DmC thread.
Apparently some fan art gallery.

Did they update the textures at all? I can't really tell in those pics in the OP, they look nice regardless. DMC in widescreen, yessss!
Fuck that PS3 box is disgusting, fix that shit, GAF.

Orcastar said:
Never got a chance to play these when they first came out (my dad bought me GTA3 for Christmas when I asked for DMC, grrr...), so count me in.
He probably felt bad buying a Devil game for Christmas

Orcastar

_dementia said:
He probably felt bad buying a Devil game for Christmas
But buying a game full of killing, drugs and prostitutes for Christmas is perfectly fine? :p

Nah, he's not religious, so that wasn't the reason. I think it was because he was more interested in GTA himself. He played it quite a bit, but probably would never have given DMC a go.

Haunted

I should be doing hw said:
Did they update the textures at all? I can't really tell in those pics in the OP, they look nice regardless. DMC in widescreen, yessss!
Fuck that PS3 box is disgusting, fix that shit, GAF.
That's what I'm saying. Looking at the emulator shots mila posted on the previous page, I don't see any upgrades" Looks like this is another lazy re-release from Capcom and not on the same level as the Ueda collection for example.

edit: this is all from the shots released so far, maybe they've put in the work and it just doesn't show in these, who knows.

thelastword

Banned
Capcom should patch DMC4 for trophies whilst they're at it. Kojima should do the same for MGS4 with his Metal Gear Collection.

Haunted said:
That's what I'm saying. Looking at the emulator shots mila posted on the previous page, I don't see any upgrades" Looks like this is another lazy re-release from Capcom and not on the same level as the Ueda collection for example.

edit: this is all from the shots released so far, maybe they've put in the work and it just doesn't show in these, who knows.
Doesn't look like they really need that much work to me, the textures look great as is, from those shots anyway. Check out the veins on the Jester's forehead in that DMC3 pic for instance, the textures are higher res than the PS2 could output.
I'm happy with widescreen support and my biggest hope is that they shave all loadtimes to a minimum and give it a HD UI, that's all I really need. DMC1's art can do the rest on its own.

Dahbomb

OH wow totally don't remember DMC2 looking this good:

dmchdc_dmc2_comparison2ecy.jpg

Good thing they didn't show the boss fight because that is truly ass (giant monkey for the lose).

Also pics don't tell the story with the DMC games at all. Gotta see this in motion. DMC3 for instance looks much better than when you play it... it has some nice art as well (Temeni-Gru fight has some really nice visuals).

thelastword

Banned
badcrumble said:
Neither of these things will happen.
Yeah, but it would make sense seeing that all the prior DMC games will have trophies with the exception of DMC4, which happens to be a current gen game to boot. The way I see it, It should be extremely easy for Capcom to open up that DMC4 code and patch in some trophies in a day or two. Would be a nice incentive, especially after Capcom's abysmal failure on the RE4 port (technically and trophywise that is).

Takuan

thelastword said:
Yeah, but it would make sense seeing that all the prior DMC games will have trophies with the exception of DMC4, which happens to be a current gen game to boot. The way I see it, It should be extremely easy for Capcom to open up that DMC4 code and patch in some trophies in a day or two. Would be a nice incentive, especially after Capcom's abysmal failure on the RE4 port (technically and trophywise that is).
It would be nice, but they're not going to do it because fans will buy the game regardless. These HD releases are lazy cash grabs, and it doesn't make any sense for a company to treat them as more than that (Ueda collection excluded).

Actually, were the textures redone for SotC/Ico?

Danielsan

Takuan said:
It would be nice, but they're not going to do it because fans will buy the game regardless. These HD releases are lazy cash grabs, and it doesn't make any sense for a company to treat them as more than that (Ueda collection excluded).

Actually, were the textures redone for SotC/Ico?
Some of the textures were definitely redone for ICO. Either way, those HD remasters are gorgeous.

ezekial45

Banned
Dahbomb said:
? DMC games don't have slowdowns... unless these HD releases are notorious for slow downs in which case I am now cautiously optimistic.
Yeah, they do. It's not often, but it does come up occasionally when enemies spawn. It more so in DMC3 than any of the other games.

Curufinwe

thelastword said:
especially after Capcom's abysmal failure on the RE4 port (technically and trophywise that is).

RE 4 HD looks great and runs at a rock solid framerate on my 360. If you want an abysmal technical port, try Splinter Cell Trilogy in HD.

Dahbomb said:
? DMC games don't have slowdowns... unless these HD releases are notorious for slow downs in which case I am now cautiously optimistic.
Nah I just don't trust Capcom to put out a HD release without messing it up.

Danielsan

Curufinwe said:
RE 4 HD looks great and runs at a rock solid framerate on my 360. If you want an abysmal technical port, try Splinter Cell Trilogy in HD.
Really now? I watched Brad play the 360 version on a quick look and its framerate dropped hard when things got crowded at the end of the video.

Curufinwe

Try asking in the RE Revival thread for other 360 owner's experiences. Literally the only time I saw slowdown was when U3 dissolved, and that includes playing Mercs with 10 enemies on screen and grenades exploding.

Dahbomb

ezekial45 said:
Yeah, they do. It's not often, but it does come up occasionally when enemies spawn. It more so in DMC3 than any of the other games.
Haven't played PS2 DMC3 in a long time. I only remember noticeable slow downs in a room full of Hell Greeds and to be honest that scenario always pushed the capabilities of the PS2. So many particle effects all over the screen.

DMC games have it in small doses but they aren't notorious for it as to write them off.

Skilletor

Dahbomb said:

From the ones I've played (Both GoW collections, Ico/SotC) framerates are solid.

I think there's some slowdown in SotC @ 1080p, but it's fine at 720p.

gunbo13

We are planning a lot of cool stuff for the OT. It will have contributions from some big DMC fans. It is time to get to work. :(

;)

Calcaneus said:
I just hope NT wasn't their first choice. Like if they came out and said "hey, we called up Platinum and they wanted nothing to do with us", I would feel a little better.

Kamiya has said multiple times that he would do and his ready to do a Devil May Cry sequal if Capcom so wished him and his studio to do so.

He shows a lot of disinterest to a lot of franchise and sequals - but when you ask if he would work with capcom to do another DMC, his answer is always a "yes."

Danielsan said:
Apparently some fan art gallery.

There has been no indication either way to what extent this 'bonus content' refers to. It could be referring just to the new art and trophies, or it could be referring to new control schemes, option settings, to even something larger like an inclusion of a turbo mode in DMC1, or a sort of "LDK" mode for DMC3.

The low-end and high-end at this point is unpredictable. Hopefully a trailer will shed more light on this.

Wow at that box art haha. Oh well, its DMC in HD!!!

Time to sell of my PS2 collection.

Seriously, like half of them have been or are getting remakes. Not that I'm complaining!

Raonak

Banned
Hey, what was so bad about the RE4 HD collection? it looks great to me.
better than the god of war collection (gow1 and 2), which im also playing right now.

Mengetsu

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Kamiya has said multiple times that he would do and his ready to do a Devil May Cry sequal if Capcom so wished him and his studio to do so.

He shows a lot of disinterest to a lot of franchise and sequals - but when you ask if he would work with capcom to do another DMC, his answer is always a "yes."

Apparently Capcom doesn't like to work with people who branch off and make their own companies which make awesome profit that they don't benefit from :/
I'd love for Kamiya to come back once more, but Bayonetta fills that gap fine.

Dahbomb

My guess on bonus content:

*"Fan" art of the games that Capcom posted for a while back on CU

*Trophy/Achievements

*Trailers for DmC + Stuff about DmC

Anything more I will be shocked.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
There has been no indication either way to what extent this 'bonus content' refers to. It could be referring just to the new art and trophies, or it could be referring to new control schemes, option settings, to even something larger like an inclusion of a turbo mode in DMC1, or a sort of "LDK" mode for DMC3.

The low-end and high-end at this point is unpredictable. Hopefully a trailer will shed more light on this.

That would be so fucking amazing. I can't see it happening, but a guy can dream.

Nemesis_

Dahbomb said:

*Trophy/Achievements

Bonus COMPULSORY DINO skins for EVERY GAME

Even though a lot of bullshit has occurred this gen, I'm happy of the HD Remake trend. A lot of PS2 games I never had the chance to enjoy I get to play now.

Still gotta pick up RE4

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Dahbomb said:

*Trophy/Achievements

DMC3 special edition itself had a vast suite of extra content iirc ..hope all that is retained too.

GCX

This gen is so weird.

We're nearing the end of the generation and now we're seeing all these cool HD collections. Didn't anyone think of this 5 years ago?

Top Bottom