• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry HD trilogy confirmed.

Hanmik

Lock if old.. tried searching but did not find..

London, UK. - Oct. 17, 2011 - Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Devil May Cry™ HD Collection for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Devil May Cry™ HD Collection brings the first three original Devil May Cry® titles; Devil May Cry™, Devil May Cry™2, and Devil May Cry™ 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition together in one high definition package for the first time. The collection will be available in Europe on February 10th 2012.

http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/86431/Devil+May+Cry+HD+bekr%E6ftet/

much more info from a fellow gaffer..

miladesn said:
press release;

ICONIC DEMON HUNTER DANTE RETURNS IN STRIKING HIGH DEFINITION WITH DEVIL MAY CRY® HD COLLECTION
Collection Brings Together Remastered Versions of Three Original Devil May Cry® Titles
SAN MATEO, Calif.— Oct. 17, 2011 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Devil May Cry® HD Collection for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Devil May Cry HD Collection brings the first three original Devil May Cry® titles; Devil May Cry®, Devil May Cry® 2, and Devil May Cry® 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition together in one high definition package for the first time. The collection will be available in North America for $39.99 in early 2012.

Devil May Cry is one of Capcom’s most successful and critically acclaimed franchises, having sold more than 10 million units worldwide. Featuring Dante, one of the most iconic video game characters of the last decade, Devil May Cry HD Collection will be full of the award-winning gameplay and style that the series has become known for with the addition of stunning HD graphics, bonus content and support for Trophies and Achievements.

Debuting in 2001, Devil May Cry immediately redefined the action genre, achieving a metacritic of 94 . The title captured gamers’ hearts through its stylish, over-the-top action and bad boy anti-hero Dante. Son to a human mother and a devil father named Sparda, the half-demon Dante uses his innate abilities and the powers of ancient demons to fight a one-man war against the forces of darkness and save humanity from damnation.

The follow up to Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2 centers on Dante and his new devilishly agile partner Lucia in their fight to defeat a horde of evil and a man hell-bent on achieving supreme power. Devil May Cry 2 released in 2003 and was praised for its variety of environments, additional playable character, new ideas and updated control scheme.

Released in 2006 , Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition is the definitive edition of Devil May Cry® 3: Dante’s Awakening, featuring a number of enhancements, including the opportunity to play as Dante’s twin brother, Vergil, as well as the addition of Bloody Palace Mode and Turbo Mode.

For more information about Devil May Cry HD Collection please visit: press.capcom.com and http://www.capcom-unity.com.

logo
dmcc_logo_flattened_wiler5.png

rehosted everything;

dmcc_dmc3_m12geryon_09weyl.jpg

dmchdc_dmc1_hd_092811_lddy.jpg

dmchdc_dmc2_hd_dt_dant9c5y.jpg

1-dmchdc_dmc1_comparis3f3q.jpg

1-dmchdc_dmc1_comparisjesy.jpg

dmchdc_dmc1_comparison8fz1.jpg

dmchdc_dmc1_comparisonhd7e.jpg

dmchdc_dmc2_comparison2ecy.jpg

dmchdc_dmc2_comparisonreaz.jpg

dmchdc_dmc2_comparisondepg.jpg

dmchdc_dmc2_comparison9fci.jpg

dmchdc_dmc3_comparison5c7d.jpg

dmchdc_dmc3_comparisonhctq.jpg

dmchdc_dmc3_comparisonud9b.jpg

dmchdc_dmc3_comparisonsehu.jpg

cover:

5kQtK.jpg

vAd3F.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THIS PARTY'S GETTING CRAZY...

*awaits*

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Hopefully we can buy single games via PSN+. Don't wanna spend my money on 2, HD or not.

TreIII

Awesome. Now I'll feel free to shut up about that "other" game, because I at least have what I hope to be definitive versions of 1 and 3 to play.

Hanmik

ohh. why did I call it Trilogy.. ? it should have been called "HD collection".. would a mod please correct the topic name.. ?

thuway

Damn, this is pretty amazing. Now we have -

ICO/SOTC HD
GoW Collection HD
Sly Cooper Collection HD
MGS Collection HD
Final Fantasy X HD Remake

What the hell is left?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
thuway said:

ICO/SOTC HD
GoW Collection HD
Sly Cooper Collection HD
MGS Collection HD

What the hell is left?
FFVII remake.
lol

Danielsan

thuway said:

ICO/SOTC HD
GoW Collection HD
Sly Cooper Collection HD
MGS Collection HD

What the hell is left?
Clover HD legacy collection God Hand, Okami & Viewtiful Joe HD.
Jak (& Daxter) trilogy Jak & Daxter, Jak II and Jak 3
Megaten HD collection Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Danielsan said:
Wooooooow.

We also need a Ratchet & Clank HD Collection, with Deadlocked included.

Orayn

Throavium said:
What's with everyone labeling these releases HD? They're just upscaled. Or is that what they mean by HD?
Running a game at a new, higher native resolution isn't upscaling. The internal resolution has been changed, 16:9 support has been added, the titles may now feature AA/AF, and other miscellaneous changes could have been made.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Danielsan said:
duuuude

Throavium

Orayn said:
Running a game at a new, higher native resolution isn't upscaling. The internal resolution has been changed, 16:9 support has been added, the titles may now feature AA/AF, and other miscellaneous changes could have been made.
Thanks.

funkystudent said:
Please don't suck like the RE HD ports
You're delusional if you think Capcom is going to put any more effort into this than they did into those. They know that these ports are an easy way to make a quick buck off of people who'll buy anthing with "HD" in the title, completely oblivious to the fact that the original PS2 versions running in emulators (not to mention the PC version of DMC3) will look exactly the same if not better.

I really, really hope they've standardized the controls across all three games. No more Triangle to jump in DMC1, thank you very much.

Danielsan

badcrumble said:
I really, really hope they've standardized the controls across all three games. No more Triangle to jump in DMC1, thank you very much.
Or how about an option to change the control input for those who want to?
Don't count on it with Capcom though.

ezekial45

Banned
badcrumble said:
I have my doubts they would, but I truly hope they do.

Curufinwe

Atolm said:
What's wrong about the RE4 and CV ports? I thought they were fine?

The RE 4 port is fine, not great. There's been a lot of uninformed nonsense about it being "the PS2 version upscaled" but really the poor quality sound mix is probably the biggest issue.

Aru

Brazil said:
Wooooooow.

We also need a Ratchet & Clank HD Collection, with Deadlocked included.

No, we only need Deadlocked/Gladiator HD.
Best Ratchet game ever (and I'm not joking, this game is so much fun at 4 stars difficulty. Don't even bother playing the game at a lower difficulty level, it's a complete joke).

thuway said:

ICO/SOTC HD
GoW Collection HD
Sly Cooper Collection HD
MGS Collection HD

What the hell is left?
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
Spiderman 2

Top Bottom