• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry PS2 Collection releasing 10/24 for only $30!

LevelNth

Banned
Didn't see this posted anywhere, but it's been on EB and Gamestop's websites as a Greatest Hits collection @ $40 for awhile, but many of us (myself included) have been waiting for official confirmation.

And here it is! It seems Capcom USA is capitalizing on DMC's 5th anniversary as well. And the package is $10 cheaper than EB and GS had thought!! And it looks like it'll have special packaging!!!

PS2_DMCB_boxShotLarge.jpg

Purchased.

Snaku

Banned
davepoobond said:
does this come with DMC3 SE or the regular edition? i would have to get this.

SE

I'm waiting to see what the 10th Ann. RE collection box is gonna look like.

Solid

Ryck said:
That good eh, I guess I will pick this up once it drops. Is it anything like Re4?
re4 is in another league but dmc1 was created by the same guy. both dmc1 and 3 got 9.6 at ign, which is just 0.2 lower than re4 ;)

nah but seriously, dmc rocks. dante is one of the best badass characters ever.

lachesis

Yup. I pre-ordered it. I never played 2 and 3, and, gave up the first one up and sold it (JP ver), I want to get into the series.

I wonder if they are going to make Onimusha collections? If they do, I might be interested getting one as well.

BTW, how does Onimusha (series) compare to DMC?

Dahbomb

Ryck said:
I've never played DMC( any of them) is it really that good? What is it like?
Aside from DMC2, DMC is some of the finest action gaming experience the previous gen had to offer.

lachesis

Dahbomb said:
Aside from DMC2, DMC is some of the finest action gaming experience the previous gen had to offer.

Is it better than NGB? Just wondering what the temp of water's like....

cvxfreak

Kobun Heat said:
Wow, a complete collection of all of the RE games released for GC that actually matter.

Fixed.

I wasn't praising it or anything. I just thought I'd post it since we're on the subject of Capcom compilations.

Reilly

I'd buy a PS3 version with all the real Resident Evils on one blu-ray disc. Everyone should skip these.

jvalioli

Snaku said:
Ugh. The DMC box doesn't have the red GH label, but the RE box has that ugly as hell yellow PC label. Disgusting. Nevermind the fact that the Village Chief isn't exactly whom I would pick to represent 10 years of RE. And the RE set is $10 more than the DMC set? It's like Capcom continues to want RE to fail on the Cube.
It might not actually be $10 more. Looks like EB and GS may be overcharging for these sets. DMC collection shows up as $40 there too.

cvxfreak

Reilly said:
I'd buy a PS3 version with all the real Resident Evils on one blu-ray disc. Everyone should skip these.

Or buy the collection now for a probably cheaper price and enjoy it now.

lachesis

jvalioli said:
It might not actually be $10 more. Looks like EB and GS may be overcharging for these sets. DMC collection shows up as $40 there too.

They better not! (or perhaps it's Capcom's mistake on their site?) I'll wait a couple days to see who's right...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
so... um, is it only the games or are there any extras? Don't feel like importing. especially when the box looks like it's DMC3 in a bigger box.

Brobzoid

Gattsu25 said:
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

gah.... please. even if it's just the games, why put DMC3 Dante on the cover, and the font of DMC3? everything about this package screams "DMC3 & friends". Is it at least the japanese annaversary edition of DMC1?

MrDaravon

I'd buy the RE set if it had 2/3/CVX. I'd like to have those on cube to complete the collection. Instead we get a half set of 3 games that are already really cheap, with yellow player's choice tags and Mendez (WHY?) on the cover. Good job Capcom!

Solid

SailorDaravon said:
I'd buy the RE set if it had 2/3/CVX. I'd like to have those on cube to complete the collection. Instead we get a half set of 3 games that are already really cheap, with yellow player's choice tags and Mendez (WHY?) on the cover. Good job Capcom!
You see, Capcom, Cubers are never happy. Bring that pack to the PS2 instead. KTHX bye :)

Brobzoid

Bezz said:
+1 purchase

The artwork looks awesome, I dont think I can resist:)

are you trying to offensive? Just go buy DMC3SE for less than half the price. the artwork is the same.

arksjh! DMC3 Dante is the weakest Dante design they've made. Consider yourselves lucky his arm is covering the bra. this is a collection of all the DMC games, the cover should reflect this. unless the other side is sporting a DMC1 design, I am very negative towards this. If I was skilled in photoshop, I'd make a cover that would kill this one with out breaking a sweat.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
God damn it. Why did you have to be so cheap, it would have been so much easier to let you go if you were expensive. Well I'll be buying it like the DMC whore that I am. *sigh*

Brobzoid

Can anyone tell me if the DMC1 anniversary edition is limited? And if the trinity dvd/book/thing is limited?

Forceatowulf said:
God damn it. Why did you have to be so cheap, it would have been so much easier to let you go if you were expensive. Well I'll be buying it like the DMC3 whore that I am. *sigh*

fix'd.

Are residents inside the United States the only ones that can order from Capcom's site? They don't have any other countries on their list but for states it says non US. What's the deal?

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Seeing as how I just (finally) picked up a PS2, and also seeing how I've never played DMC before, this is definitely a buy for me.

Top Bottom