• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry PS2 Collection releasing 10/24 for only $30!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Brobzoid said:
Actually I already own DMC3:SE :D. My DMC1 disc though still working is scratched to hell, so this is a good as time as any to replace it before it goes bye bye. And DMC2 I'll just use as my dog pooper scooper and the manual for toilet paper.

SS4Gogita said:
Seeing as how I just (finally) picked up a PS2, and also seeing how I've never played DMC before, this is definitely a buy for me.
Play DMC1 first then DMC3. Throw away DMC2 and/or sell it.

Holy ****ing shit, this is awesome. I've never played the series at all. Will this show up in stores? I rather just buy it that way.

Median

Hmm I was actually thinking about picking up DMC 1 and 3 sometime soon but I may actually look into this instead. Granted, I don't really want DMC 2 but whatever.

Bezz

Banned
Brobzoid said:
are you trying to offensive? Just go buy DMC3SE for less than half the price. the artwork is the same.

arksjh! DMC3 Dante is the weakest Dante design they've made. Consider yourselves lucky his arm is covering the bra. this is a collection of all the DMC games, the cover should reflect this. unless the other side is sporting a DMC1 design, I am very negative towards this. If I was skilled in photoshop, I'd make a cover that would kill this one with out breaking a sweat.
Well, sir, it looks like im not the only one who is going to buy this awsome pack. I dont care about DMC2, but I will buy it for DMC2 & 3 SE.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll probably pick this up for that price. $15 for the two good games in the series! And the crappy one for free! :lol

Solid

Verboten said:
Are they red labelled as greatest hits? I'll rebuy them all if they're not.
281645b.jpg

:(

Sagitario

I really don't get the people overreacting about the "Player's Choice/Greatest Hits" label... v_v; ...

On-topic: I only own DMC3SE and I've been waiting for this so I can get DMC1&2 :D ... hopefully the final price everywhere besides Capcom store (why the heck they don't ship outside of USA anymore? =\ ) will be $30 and not $40...

Dahbomb

Jade Knight 08 said:
Do i have to buy it directly from the website(capcom or eb store) or i can walk in the store and pick it up on Oct. 24?
It should be a walk-in thing at Gamestop/EB Games.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
omg rite said:
I have all of them and all the GC REs already. :[

Sooooo... it's a good thing that you don't have to spend any more money, maybe?

Ranger X

Wow i wasn't even aware this collection was coming. That's definetely interesting since i never bought any DMCs.. .

Ugh, if they're the Greatest Hits versions, forget it. I know Sony has to make consumers aware of games that are on-the-cheap, but giving them a gaudy display like that is murder. I'll just pay the $15 for each original version game on ebay.

I would like the box, though. :D

Teleporter

I just had to get this! Thanks for the news man!
Just one thing, is this a 1 DVD SET? Or does it come on 3 dvds?
I hope there`s no GREATEST HITS ulgy tag on it!

disappeared said:
Ugh, if they're the Greatest Hits versions, forget it. I know Sony has to make consumers aware of games that are on-the-cheap, but giving them a gaudy display like that is murder. I'll just pay the $15 for each original version game on ebay.

I would like the box, though. :D

It's finicially smarter to just get the box set. The cover box doesn't have the ugly red label, also -- you can print out the individual covers for the games at your leisure.

Teleporter said:
I just had to get this! Thanks for the news man!
Just one thing, is this a 1 DVD SET? Or does it come on 3 dvds?
I hope there`s no GREATEST HITS ulgy tag on it!

Do you...do you...*breathes* do you not see the linked image (on several posts) that show the three cases / dvd's in the box-set?

=p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ryck said:
That good eh, I guess I will pick this up once it drops. Is it anything like Re4?

WHAT

NO

C- Warrior said:
It's finicially smarter to just get the box set. The cover box doesn't have the ugly red label, also -- you can print out the individual covers for the games at your leisure.

Yeah, no. The red label is also pressed onto the disc itself, which bugs me even more. I'm too picky of a collector to settle for the bargain-bin versions of games.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Solid said:
You see, Capcom, Cubers are never happy. Bring that pack to the PS2 instead. KTHX bye :)
You know, for all the posts you constantly make about wanting the RE's on the PS2, maybe you should just buy a damn GC and stop bitching. I know I'm personally sick of it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Solid said:
You see, Capcom, Cubers are never happy. Bring that pack to the PS2 instead. KTHX bye :)

God dude. Just buy a ****ing gamecube already.

Reilly

disappeared said:
Yeah, no. The red label is also pressed onto the disc itself, which bugs me even more. I'm too picky of a collector to settle for the bargain-bin versions of games.

We need more attitude like this around here.

cvxfreak

Capcom really ought to include the DMC 5th Anniversary and I suppose the Biohazard 10th Anniversary DVDs with these releases.

There are issues with that, since the Biohazard 4 content contains material from Separate Ways, and that RE5 isn't bound for a Nintendo system (replace it with Umbrella Chronicles stuff then :p).

Dante suffers from laryngitis

The stage design sucks.

Enemy design is worse.

There's no reason to use different Devil Arms

There's no reason to use Devil Arms, period. Guns are ridiculously overpowered. Stinger was completely nerfed.

Lucia looks awful.

The main villian is a joke.

That's why DMC2 sucks.

DMC3SE>>>>All

Farore said:
Is it really that bad (DMC2)? =\
What is it then? The story? The gameplay? Graphics? Art (which I doubt)?

The game is way too easy.

This single problem in itself causes everything else to near collapse.

Interesting thing to note, is that in DMC2 Dante can actually string together some nifty combos, nobody cares to realize this however because the game is so easy there is no need to utilize the various attacks.

Next, the made the environments too large and open -- this lends into several problems as well. A) given PS2's hardware limitations, the highly detailed atmosphere castle 'small corridor/room vibe' was taken away. Because DMC1 was chopped into smaller castle environments, they good create and bring to life great artistic design while keeping at 60 frames per second. DMC2 still run at 60 fps, but the art design was diluted because the PS2 couldn't capture it with environments so large. What's worse, is that all the pressure from combat was taken away because you could always run around enemies or stand back and shoot them to death.

Dante said like 4 sentences in the entire game. Given, those 4 sentences were badass (King? Here's your crown.) or (Don't speak, just die.) -- quotes anyone?

The only good things in DMC2 are:

Trish playable
Great stylistic cutscenes
Although Dante never talks, at least he's not a goof-ball teen (coughdmc3dantecough)
60 fps
One of the greatest final boss death scenes to hit a game
The super challenge of DMC1 and DMC3 make DMC2 a stress-free 'get away' from it all experience.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Please excuse me, for I have a few nooby questions...

1. DMC2 60fps - is this exclusive to the NTSC version, or are JP and PAL capable as well?

2. People have been complaining about the lack of Turbo mode in the PAL version - is Turbo mode present in both the NTSC and JP versions?

3. People also hate PAL games for the poor 60hz support - is 60hz available in both NTSC and JP versions?

4. ... If I buy a Japanese PS3, will any of this (excluding Turbo mode) matter? Region-free, better refresh rate, etc maybe... ?

Top Bottom