• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry V, TGS 2018 Trailer (Dante in action plus new character shown)

makaveli60

I think it's just a matter of artstyle, especially environmental. On a technical level just by virtue of looking this good at 60fps AND not running on the Unreal "plastiline, delayed texture load and stuttery" Engine 3 is miles beyond.
@thief183 the camera isn't fixed, actually.
Which is quite a shame because in my memory DMC1, DMC3 and DmC all had awesome environmental design, this seems lazy compared to those. But hopefully the final game will have more interesting locations than what were shown.

Cleared_Hot

Looks great but that super stereotyped "redneck girl" has a terrible accent, clearly somebody trying and failing at it. Hire a real southerner next time ffs

onlyoneno1

The characters all look super gorgeous, the combat is badass as always and the bike weapon is the coolest weapon in the series since the Guitar in DMC3. So hyped for this one!!!!

linker

Neo Member
Which is quite a shame because in my memory DMC1, DMC3 and DmC all had awesome environmental design, this seems lazy compared to those. But hopefully the final game will have more interesting locations than what were shown.
Yeah can't say I disagree, I'm still hopeful for something more interesting in that regard.

Kreydo

Looks so bad...
What they even tried to do with that scene? shocking? fanservice? sexyness? romance? Nothing works lol. Sure DMC have never been subtal but now with 'realistic' characters model I was expecting... I don't know...
And knowing the game will have macro-transaction just reassure me about not buying it.

Last edited:

PrCat88

New designs look fine. They wanted to make this look more photo realistic and designed the game with the RE engine for that purpose. Like Chris Redfield in RE7 they look 'off' from past games because the characters were modeled after real people. I'm looking forward to the live action cutscenes as well.

Nymphae

Banned

Looks so bad...
What they even tried to do with that scene? shocking? fanservice? sexyness? romance? Nothing works lol. Sure DMC have never been subtal but now with 'realistic' characters model I was expecting... I don't know...
And knowing the game will have macro-transaction just reassure me about not buying it.

I dunno man, DMC has never really been that elegant with it's story. You stay for the insane action.

Last edited:

PrCat88

Looks so bad...

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. The tone isn't trying to be shocking or romantic. As far as fanservice goes, this is pretty tame by Japanese standards. About on par with Jeanne in Bayonetta 2 as far as the sleeping beauty trope is concerned.

Ka-Kui

Doesn't look that bad to me, I'd say it looks on par with DMC3 and or better, maybe on par with DmC as well, above DMC4 and 2, worse than DMC1 - which had crazy good atmosphere to boot.

Sesha

Gameplay looks horribly rigid, which smells like big failure since it's one of DMC's most important aspect.

Word from everyone that's played it, casual fans, pros and journos alike is that gameplay is the smoothest it's ever been.

Is it just me or does Dante's voice seem way to "young" for his character model?

Just you. Dante's voice actor Reuben Langdon is older than than his body model.

I don't like the fixed camera in all of these gameplay... damn.... I so want to like this game but the more I see it the more I would like to go back to DmC....

*hides behind a chair*

There's no fixed camera in DMC5.

I know my post won't be too popular, but this looks to me almost like a cross-gen game, I'm not sure it looks better than DmC, especially the animations during gameplay, it's like they were brought from the previous games. Is it being made from a relatively smaller budget?

It absolutely doesn't. DMC5 is one of the best looking games right now. It's technically better in DmC in every aspect.

Nero's and Dante's animations are carried over from DMC4, but they've been further polished and combined with blend animations.

As for the budget, Itsuno has said he's been basically given free reign.

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

While I agree with most of what you said. Age has nothing to do with how people can sound for Voice Acting. Yuri Lowenthal is like in his mid 40's and he just voiced a 22 year old Peter Parker.

Reuben Langdon to me just doesn't sound the right age for Dante. He's just the more popular voice for Dante that' everyone's used to. Personally Drew Coombes the original sounded the best, Langdon not only sounds too young he also has a weird delivery.

makaveli60

Word from everyone that's played it, casual fans, pros and journos alike is that gameplay is the smoothest it's ever been.

There's no fixed camera in DMC5.

It absolutely doesn't. DMC5 is one of the best looking games right now. It's technically better in DmC in every aspect.

Nero's and Dante's animations are carried over from DMC4, but they've been further polished and combined with blend animations.

As for the budget, Itsuno has said he's been basically given free reign.
No offense, but I'm not sure we are talking about the same game :)
And I don't want to shit on the game (or any other game, for that matter) because I know the blood and sweat it takes to make such games but I expected much more and feel a bit disappointed. Maybe it will turn me around when it releases.

Big0Bear

The game play looks awesome but this realistic look is fucking stupid. Nico and V look stupid. I think the rest are ok. And excited to see the mega buster but micro transactions.... come on capcom

Top Bottom