• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (3DS) announced

I haven't played Devil Survivor 2, but I've seen people say they generally prefer Devil Survivor to Devil Survivor 2, so you really might wanna check out Overclocked.

I might buy it later one, since I figure there'll be a good amount of time before I'd be playing this. But right now I need to save up for two computer parts, and then (assuming I can afford them) Luigi's Mansion 2, Lego City Undercover, and all sorts of other games that are higher on my priority list that I plan on getting in the coming months.

But I'll definitely get it if/when I can, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Edit: Dang, those are some high prices on Amazon... I'll have to look around.

PK Gaming

If Break Code is anything like Overclocked then this game is going to rock ♪

Seriously, voice acting(BRIAN BEACOCK BETTER VOICE DAICHI), new demons, new skills, new days... please sign me up :D

cjkeats

Were you unaware of the anime? It was pretty obvious Atlus would do this when they announced the series, lol.
I wouldn't say that, it's easy to assume that it wouldn't because it was getting an anime.
Of course it's more obvious that it would, because of Atlus loves that milk money these days.

duckroll

I wouldn't say that, it's easy to assume that it wouldn't because it was getting an anime.
Of course it's more obvious that it would, because of Atlus loves that milk money these days.

There is no assumption. They announced that there is a Devil Survivor 2 game project waiting to be announced when they first unveiled the manga and anime. There was no question at all that a new DS2 game was coming.

Kazerei

Banned
Awesome news to me! I had trouble getting into DS2 after playing DSO because of ... the font. Ugly ass font on the DS, nice smooth font on the 3DS.

cjkeats

There is no assumption. They announced that there is a Devil Survivor 2 game project waiting to be announced when they first unveiled the manga and anime. There was no question at all that a new DS2 game was coming.
I thought the game announcement was a little while after the anime announcement? I heard about the incoming game announcement long after I head the anime was coming.

CronoShot

I'll buy it if they fix the art so that the females' bodies actually make anatomical sense. :)

devil-survivor-2-level-up-screenshot.jpg

Fuck gravity.

Hopefully this is like Overclocked, which (weirdly enough) came out in the US first, but I doubt it.

MechaX

Well shit, I was so close to completing the DS version.

Ah oh well, might as well wait until this one comes out. Overclock's additions, outside of the voice acting (which reached all across the spectrum in terms of quality), the new additions were not all that substantial.

Ondore

Bought DS2 originally but had to trade it in, missed a chance to rebuy for $20 at Christmas. This pleases me as an Overclocked owner.

(Hey Atlus, want all of my money? Radiant Historia 3DS.)

Nexas

Hopefully the new content is excellent. Without that I don't think the game is good enough to repurchase.

Sophia

"These days" ? You do know Atlus has been doing the updated port a-few-years-later thing since basically forever, right?

I hope they even bother to bring it out to NA, considering Overclocked's sales.

You mean nobody bought the game where all it's action was on the inferior bottom screen? Gee what a surprise! >_>;

Tiktaalik

I hope they even bother to bring it out to NA, considering Overclocked's sales.

Overclocked came out too early in the 3DS'
Life.

My friends and I were waiting on the big Mario and Mario kart titles to hit along with the autumn sales. I'm sure others were also waiting.

If they had released it around this time last year it would have done a lot better.

PK Gaming

"These days" ? You do know Atlus has been doing the updated port a-few-years-later thing since basically forever, right?

You mean nobody bought the game where all it's action was on the inferior bottom screen? Gee what a surprise! >_>;

that's not a good reason >_>

i'm fairly certain its low sales were attributed to people thinking "lol port"

(which is ironic, since it was the best damn game the 3DS had to offer)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't remember Overclocked doing that good in Japan either. This is why this time Atlus is readying the project alongside a media attack through Devil Survivor 2 manga and anime. I'm pretty sure it'll come in US.

duckroll

that's not a good reason >_>

i'm fairly certain its low sales were attributed to people thinking "lol port"

(which is ironic, since it was the best damn game the 3DS had to offer)

I think the low sales are attributed to everyone who wants to play the game already owning it on the DS. Why would they rush out to buy it again just for voice and some extra scenario? Especially when they announced and released the actual sequel before Overclocked was even released in Japan. There's really zero reason for most fans to bother with it, so they didn't.

Sophia

Yea, that comments a little odd. SMT 1 and 2 were ported to PS1 and GBA IIRC.

Even further back. The original two NES Megami Tensei games were remade as Kyūyaku Megami Tensei on the SNES a few years later. It's been standard M.O. For Altus since the beginning, and it works...

That would not be a good bra. That would be incredibly uncomfortable.

GRAVITY-DEFYING METAL BRA~!

So is it bad that I:

1. Bought Devil Survivor and never played it
2. Bought Overclocked and eventually played it for 6-7 hours before it getting lost in the shuffle
3. Bought Devil Survivor 2 and never played it
4. Will buy this game

cjkeats

So is it bad that I:

1. Bought Devil Survivor and never played it
2. Bought Overclocked and eventually played it for 6-7 hours before it getting lost in the shuffle
3. Bought Devil Survivor 2 and never played it
4. Will buy this game

I did/am doing the exact same thing.

Aeana

I was hoping for DeSu 3...

Oh well. I'll probably pick it up when it comes here.
The announcement from the beginning was "new Devil Survivor 2 game project." Unless Devil Survivor 3 would be called Devil Survivor 2 3, then your expectations were out of line!

Top Bottom