• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third (Itagaki PS360) announced, debut trailer inside

Tain

If this trailer was shown by developer "such and such"... would u really be hyping it?

Of course not. If this were Gearbox or something, I would assume that the game would be yet another bad to mediocre release relying entirely on its grindhouse-wannabe presentation. Like, say, HotD Overkill.

But since it's Itagaki, I'm pretty damn happy that I get that presentation alongside what just might be a good game.

jax (old)

Banned
looks eh. and I still associate THQ with middle tier quality. How funny that itagaki went with Valhalla as the name of the studio. very western/norse.

stttrange

StreetDisciple said:
Sorry Ladies and gentlemen but I'm just not feeling this game. A fan of his work and all but this game looks like trash. I wish him the best but i dunno just not clicking with me right now. If this trailer was shown by developer "such and such"... would u really be hyping it?
Wait for TGS. We'll see more of it then - and I'm sure it'll be somewhat impressive.

vesp

Game could be pretty awesome if the melee/weapon stuff is more involved than other shooters. If its like a super stylized hyperspeed Jedi Knight or Heretic 2, I am so down.

While the graphics were not mind blowing, I appreciate that the character models don't look like creepy anime faced real dolls ala DOA.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Jax said:
looks eh. and I still associate THQ with middle tier quality. How funny that itagaki went with Valhalla as the name of the studio. very western/norse.

stttrange

Don't know why. They published 3 of the best games released this year.

StreetDisciple said:
Sorry Ladies and gentlemen but I'm just not feeling this game. A fan of his work and all but this game looks like trash. I wish him the best but i dunno just not clicking with me right now. If this trailer was shown by developer "such and such"... would u really be hyping it?

Same can be said for just about any teaser trailer.

seady

Looks okay.
I think the classical music helps distinguish the game, though I think it's a bit tack-on and probably won't be in the game anyway (imagine the game with just generic boom and bomb sound effects).

BlueWord

There's not much in the trailer, but I can see the foundations of something awesome. I expect nothing less from Itagaki.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Saved?

This is just Japan bowing down to the gaming ghetto this generation has become I'm afraid.

Not long now before LEGENDARY PRODUCER is working on the next Matt Hazard or Dark Sector sequel.

You gotta be optimistic man :(

I just hope someone besides Platinum steps up to fill the action game void. Itagaki is making a shooter, Mikami is making a shooter*, Capcom is probably farming DMC out to Ninja Theory, Shinobi is dead, From Software dabbles from time to time, Team Ninja is lead by Hayashi... /sigh

*this seems like a decent compromise between shooter and action game, so I'll take what I can get.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Could be great, obviously too early to tell. But if the game feels like ninja gaiden black then I'm in heaven

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I didn't like the trailer much. The gameplay looks uninspired multi-player mayhem game #21398395, but at least there was lots of blood. Hopefully the gameplay details make it sound more interesting, and it has a single-player mode worth playing.

Eh I hope the single player campaign is decent. I'm not really into multiplayer-centric games like these with half-assed single player (unless it's Battlefield).

Looks like it could be fun I guess, but I'm not expecting much.

Jb

The game kinda reminds me of that awful free to play korean game, Gunz the Duel, but done by competent developpers :D .

Rad-

Looks pretty good to me. Maybe slightly underwhelming as it's Itagaki after all but I don't think his games never looked that great on trailers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This actually looks pretty cool, I liked when the guy parkoured off the beam and got mashed by the chain gun. This could be a really fun multiplayer game with the combo of guns and katanas and crazy jumps. I can't quite see the Itagaki influence, I didn't see a single pair of grossly oversized bouncy breasts in that trailer but it still looks like a lot of fun.
I liked the music as well, hopefully it will be the same in game.

Put me down for interested, I liked what I sawed.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I'll have to actually see some real gameplay footage before I can really say anything interesting.

Visually mediocre, but hey, could be fun.

Am I the only person who did not give a crap about any game this digital boob fetishist creates before the trailer and even less after seeing it?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HOLY SHIIIIIT :D :D.. lots of potential :D

and yes the graphics are mediocre :( but maybe because its multiplayer focused ? ..haven't we learned after NGS2.:lol

I do hope they buff the graphics for the single player though.

I can't quite see the Itagaki influence

Then you clearly don't know what he's all about :).

Ihya

I'd expect this from a B grade studio. Pretty underwhelming. Nothing new that this generation hasn't seen before.

AlexM

I'm getting "the club" vibes

considering I'm one of the few who liked the club I guess that's a good thing for me

I dunno why but i didnt like the artstyle at all. Looks like WET meets The Club with more features.

Im underwhelmed but im interested to see how it comes along.

2San

So DMC got replaced by Bayonetta. Where is the replacement for Ninja Gaiden?

Here's to MGS:Rising being good. :(

spons

Gold Member
Ihya said:
I'd expect this from a B grade studio. Pretty underwhelming. Nothing new that this generation hasn't seen before.
Well isn't that the case with a lot of Japanese games? They never shine in the originality department.

Top Bottom