• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dexter - Season 7 |OT| Surprise Kimosabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario007

Man the subplots sound pretty damn boring. Hopefully the big bad of the season will be more than a plot device to get another character yet again too close to Dexter to find out about his secret only to help/get killed by him. Funny that Hannah wasn't mentioned in the preview.

Mononoke

Banned
Yall crazy. Season 3 is much better than 5 and 7 by a long shot. Meh god.

1> 3> 2> 4 > 7 > 5> 6> 8

4 is the most overrated season by a long shot. Trinity was stellar, and the main plot was fanastic. But it had a lot of filler/shit b-plots. It acutally had a lot of the same weak writing that we saw from the later seasons. (Quinn + the reporter and the twist she was Trinity's daughter. Angel + Laguerta romance. Rita + The Neighbor & the general suburbia plot) Season 4 as a whole wasn't that great of a season, but it has a really amazing villain and main plot.

Fans tend to rank it as #1 because of that, and I find that baffling. Episode for episode, 1 + 3+ +2 are better overall seasons. Even if those seasons didn't have a villain/'main plot as good as 4.

my ranking:
1 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 7 > 8

I liked Miguel Prado, so season 3 haters can bite me.

season 6 may have been a joke season but it was highly more ''entertaining'' and ''fun'' to watch than 5, 7, 8. I reject any attempts to fool us that Dexter is capable of having another relationship after Rita. I am not a believer of the Hannah love angle they are forcing on us.

Rich!

My ranking:

1 >2 > 4 > 3 > / / / / / THE MEDIOCRITY STARTS HERE / / / / > 7 > > > 6 > > > > > > Getting punched in the face and having sliced lemons forced into your eyeballs > > > > 5 > > > > > > 8.

8 is the worst in my opinion, because it's a final slap in the face to those like me who have been there since the series premiere. What an absolute fucking travesty of a wasted opportunity.

My ranking:

1 >2 > 4 > 3 > / / / / / THE MEDIOCRITY STARTS HERE / / / / > 7 > > > 6 > > > > > > Getting punched in the face and having sliced lemons forced into your eyeballs > > > > 5 > > > > > > 8.

8 is the worst in my opinion, because it's a final slap in the face to those like me who have been there since the series premiere. What an absolute fucking travesty of a wasted opportunity.

I absolutely agree with this. I didn't feel this sense of anger and disappointment watching the Weeds or Smallville finales. This one is just treating the long term viewer base as a bunch of morons who'll lap up anything.

inm8num2

The Dexter writers' room.

monkey-typing-simpsons_jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom