• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Battlefield 1 Multiplayer PS4 Pro vs PS4 Gameplay Stress Tests

Pandy

I guess this means I'm pretty much done with competitive online multiplayer outside of Nintendo games now. The 'relatively' even playing field was always what kept me interested in consoles online vs. PC.

I guess this means I'm pretty much done with competitive online multiplayer outside of Nintendo games now. The 'relatively' even playing field was always what kept me interested in consoles online vs. PC.

Can't beat em? Join em! The pro really is worth it for BF1 though.

Pandy

Can't beat em? Join em! The pro really is worth it for BF1 though.

Nah. I'll still have the same doubts, only it'll be whenever I win a close fight instead of when I lose one.
"Did that happen because one of us is using a Pro and the other one isn't?"

I'd be somewhat happier if there was a 'Pro' badge on the scoreboard beside every player using one, like when playing Mario Kart Wii you could see which players were using motion controls. At least then you knew what was up, and it gave motion control players bragging rights over analogue users when they came out ahead.

I might end up getting a Pro down the line for the improved single-player games, but there's nothing on the horizon (pun intended) that I see myself making the jump for yet.

Not Drake

The 'relatively' even playing field was always what kept me interested in consoles online vs. PC.

Even with the word "relatively" added that doesn't make too much sense to me, sorry. Internet connection differences between players are much more dangerous to the concept of "even playing field" than framerate differences like those in BF1. The only examples of "even playing field" I can think of are arcades and local multiplayer. And even then I'm not so sure about the second one because everyone had that moment when they were handed a $10 flea market piece of shit piece of plastic to compete with a stock goodness.

You also mention sticking to Nintendo games. I don't know if you mean Switch by it, but I've also seen Switch brought up in this thread. I thought the general idea behind Switch is in total opposition to "even playing field". It's a highly customizable console that can be played on the go or on a TV AND it's likely to get regular hardware upgrades in the future.

Jesus guys, come on. A 15FPS difference is negligible in a gunfight.

You are 100% more likely to win or lose based on lag. Absolutely 100%.

belvedere

Junior Butler

You should probably give up on MP gaming entirely, as it's likely opponents may have larger, higher-res lower latency displays, surround sound via home theater or headphones, superior internet connection/latency and elite controllers too.

10-15 FPS in certain specific conditions shouldn't be your main worry.

Ryuuga

Banned
I'm enjoying Bf1 but man do I regret getting it on OG PS4. I'm likely going to double dip on PC considering even pro can't hold a 60

Xbox has a lower target resolution; it simply isn't pushing exactly what PS4 is, which is why there is a difference. If both games had the same exact target resolution and settings, then I would agree it's worth mentioning, but that simply isn't the case.
Battlefront had Sony marketing-> better frame rate on PS4.
Battlefield 1 had Microsoft marketing-> better frame rate on XBO.

Before you tell me about Battlefield 4, XBO dev kits were a mess in 2013.

Top Bottom