• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is embarrassing. Not the comparison or results... The comments. Yikes!

All levels are available to play from the start, so DF was able to thoroughly test all areas of each level.

In one single specific area, near the very edge of a single map, for a single level... The XBSX dropped a few frames for a very brief amount of time. Based on their analysis, they suspect it's due to glitch. If true, the issue will likely be a temporary one.

Saying all that... The XBSX enjoys 30% more pixels, as well as high shadow quality when compared to the PS5's medium shadows.

The mental gymnastics being performed here to suggest that these results are even close to even... Much less favoring the PS5 is embarrassing. Every comparison over the last couple of months has reliably consisted of page after page after page of PS5 fans making every reference under the sun in regards to "Eating Crow". As if that alone weren't bad enough, they then began immediately claiming DF comparisons objectively favored the PS5 even when DF stated that not to be the case. And now, here we are... Where PS5 fans are claiming the PS5 favorably compares to the XBSX, when the actual results aren't even close.

Sheesh! With dynamic not being a thing here to pretend things are equal, the most powerful console in Sony's history can't even manage 4k in a hitman game. It's not as if this were the next Crysis or anything.

J_Gamer.exe

Lower textures, lower shadows and lower resolution. It better run at a solid 60 FPS.
If sx ran at 1800p would it stop the drops of upto 20 fps worst case? Is that enough to cut them out.

Same for ps5 if its 4k is that taxing enough to go from no drops and unknown headroom above 60 to 41.

My guess is it would be close.

So this 1 result is needs backing up before we make any conclusions.

Given the other results so far its a bit odd unless thwy had different priorities, there's clearly room to raise ps5 res, but at the cost of the higher you go drops probably come in in stress areas like sx.

Put both at same res and I bet there's hardly anything between them just as we've seen so far.

Pallas

This thread lol ...

Game looks good on either console, if anything it’s a win for gamers but I’m surprised about the loading times between the Series X and PS5, I expected a bigger difference but hey it’s much better than last gen and honestly that’s a relief.

Xbox is pushing native 4K, and drops frames only in a small section of a map. Has a higher shadow preset, has load times near equal to the PS5 with it’s techy SSD.

That’s a clear win for Xbox, unless you are blinded by Cerny’s light.

M9jAqF2.jpg

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
It's as delusional as thinking 1800p is blurry and clearly worse than native 4K. 90% of gamers probably couldn't tell the difference if they weren't told.
Have you never watched a TV series in 4K? You cant tell when its at 4K? It looks miles better.

I can tell. 4K is fucking beautiful, 1800p is noticeably less sharp. ESPECIALLY when you play on 55"+ TVs like I do.

This is embarrassing. Not the comparison or results... The comments. Yikes!

All levels are available to play from the start, so DF was able to thoroughly test all areas of each level.

In one single specific area, near the very edge of a single map, for a single level... The XBSX dropped a few frames for a very brief amount of time. Based on their analysis, they suspect it's due to glitch. If true, the issue will likely be a temporary one.

Saying all that... The XBSX enjoys 30% more pixels, as well as high shadow quality when compared to the PS5's medium shadows.

The mental gymnastics being performed here to suggest that these results are even close to even... Much less favoring the PS5 is embarrassing. Every comparison over the last couple of months has reliably consisted of page after page after page of PS5 fans making every reference under the sun in regards to "Eating Crow". As if that alone weren't bad enough, they then began immediately claiming DF comparisons objectively favored the PS5 even when DF stated that not to be the case. And now, here we are... Where PS5 fans are claiming the PS5 favorably compares to the XBSX, when the actual results aren't even close.

Sheesh! With dynamic not being a thing here to pretend things are equal, the most powerful console in Sony's history can't even manage 4k in a hitman game. It's not as if this were the next Crysis or anything.

It could definitely be a sign that the PS5 is underpowered. If this proves to be the norm then the console is pretty much an embarrassment compared to the XSX. At similar price points they should perform similarly.

Anyways I'm willing for a few more comparisons before deciding for myself if the system is underpowered. I really hope it's not because I can't support an very underpowered compared to a vastly more powerful one at the same price.

Has this game a real next gen version like AC or CoD? Or it's a last gen port?

No, that is some fanboy conspiracy theory shit. Both consoles are running native NG versions of the game. These aren't BC versions. This isn't Cyberpunk.

It's as delusional as thinking 1800p is blurry and clearly worse than native 4K. 90% of gamers probably couldn't tell the difference if they weren't told.

True, but I just ask that you keep this same energy the next time PS5 runs a game at 1620p compared to 1440p on XsX or something like that. If a slight resolution difference doesn't matter here, or shouldn't matter there either.

Last edited:

Stuart360

If sx ran at 1800p would it stop the drops of upto 20 fps worst case? Is that enough to cut them out.

Same for ps5 if its 4k is that taxing enough to go from no drops and unknown headroom above 60 to 41.

Given the other results so far its a bit odd unless thwy had different priorities, there's clearly room to raise ps5 res, but at the cost of the higher you go drops probably come in in stress areas like sx.

Put both at same res and I bet there's hardly anything between them just as we've seen so far.
Dont worry, i'm sure NXGamer is coming to save the day.
Expect 90% of the XSX footage he uses to be set in a field.
I'm psychic like that.

Also you have answered your own question. If what you are saying was true, why isnt the PS5 version native 4k?. If what you are suggesting is true, why did they feel the need to lower the shadows to medium from High?, and shadows are one of the most demanding graphical effects.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

It could definitely be a sign that the PS5 is underpowered. If this proves to be the norm then the console is pretty much an embarrassment compared to the XSX. At similar price points they should perform similarly.

Anyways I'm willing for a few more comparisons before deciding for myself if the system is underpowered. I really hope it's not because I can't support an very underpowered compared to a vastly more powerful one at the same price.

Damn, you swing hard on each result, there will be engines which benefit each swings and roundabouts.

Ports that have lead platforms etc, prefer pc setups favouring sx or ps5 advantages are favoured.

Its not going to be clear cut all gen. Ups and downs for both.

bender

What time is it?

511951868c3ac29205f07ac24ee04ed4.gif

Stuart360

Most games coming in the next year will be on the old tools. Nothing much will change too much over the next year of releaes. When we start getting the 2nd generation releases, thats when things will change imo.

Dont worry, i'm sure NXGamer is coming to dave the day.
I'm psychic like that.

Also you have answered your own question. If what you are saying was true, why isnt the PS5 version native 4k?. If what you are suggesting is true, why did they feel the need to lower the shadows to medium from High?, and shadows are one of the most demanding graphical effects.

How about VGTech? They are waaay more detailed about fps and resolution than DF

I'll bet they will say XSX version isn't native 4k, nor native 1800p on PS5

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

Dont worry, i'm sure NXGamer is coming to dave the day.
I'm psychic like that.

We dont know. Maybe xbox pushed for higher res given the results recently despite the dips to show their advantage. If they want a locked 60 they'd have to drop res which may be unattractive.

Maybe its just better with this code for whatever reason, maybe its a port that favours it, favours pc setup and gdk.

As for nxg he does good work and is honest about th results, not sure what grudge you have there.

I mean DF were mighty quick to put a win for xbox in the title despite ps5 winning most games so far, but no such title so maybe its them to watch out for.

• Strength
Reactions: Rea
And there's more to come. This is how software development works. Everyone knew for months that Xbox dev kits were months behind Sony's. It was only a matter of time before we finally got games that were developed on the new kits instead of some stop gap PC.

You better not scurry back into your holes then

But don't worry. Microsoft may not have the tools but I do. I've got my trusty shuvel on hand to dig you out :messenger_beaming:

J_Gamer.exe

And there's more to come. This is how software development works. Everyone knew for months that Xbox dev kits were months behind Sony's. It was only a matter of time before we finally got games that were developed on the new kits instead of some stop gap PC.
Both will improve, this is but 1 case and may end up patched you never know.

Wait until caches are coded for, io, geometry engine etc etc both sides have advantages and it should be close all gen.

The results so far show this, ups and downs.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

How can you come up with so much excuses in a single post. Sony doesn’t talk shit all the time. They show you they games, compared to MS who likes to convince people all the time on social how good they are. We know what happend when both consoles released, and how quiet they were then suddenly.

Gamerguy84

What are you talking about?

PS5 version is much higher resolution and has the Ultra textures, unlike PS4 version.

I read the PSVR mode is played via BC mode. I was thinking it was built for PS4, hence the question mark. Not trying to steal the win here.

Its baffling because there isnt a reason this runs at less than 4k. Or at least not one I can find at the moment.

When you have games like MM and SM running 4k as well as many in development it just seems odd.

Stress area?
Hahaha so sad friend. Be better!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The same reason people were acting like 900p is some crazy huge difference from native 1080p.

The lower in overall pixels, the easier it is to see on your TV. The higher the resolution, the harder it is to see the difference in pixels (because they become so small overall).

Not locked at all then at 1800p with lower shadows.

Hmm, that's interesting. Wonder if DF also caught this? Or maybe it's down to a difference in equipment measuring and setup? In any case the dips are negligible and don't even define a fraction of a percent of the game's performance, same on Series X.

It's kind of funny that one has a small frame dip on indoor section and the other has a small frame dip on an outdoor section tho x3.

Concern

In the words of Mark Cerny "pretty cool, right guys?"

4k vs 1800p :messenger_grimmacing_

Could you imagine this thread if it was the other way around?

The load times are very impressive, considering the huge difference between ssds. Applying the same logic sdf uses. XSX "wins" on that front as well right?

Now we're talking about waiting for patches for the Ps5. The irony after all the gloating when it was said XSX was said to need a patch.

No worries, im sure NX will cook up a whole video just using the part of the level where the xsx has some frame drops 😉

Mister Wolf

Have you never watched a TV series in 4K? You cant tell when its at 4K? It looks miles better.

I can tell. 4K is fucking beautiful, 1800p is noticeably less sharp. ESPECIALLY when you play on 55"+ TVs like I do.
Agreed sitting 6 - 7' from my 65" I can definitely tell the difference from 4K and bumping the internal resolution scaler down to 70%(1800p) of 4K.

Last edited:
With a lower resolution and lower quality shadows. The true comparisons will come with current gen only 3rd party titles.

I think there's probably 0% chance that a year down the road the XSX doesn't get the better 3rd party version. Which works out for me since the majority of my friends are on Live.

I'm pretty confident my PS5 is going to be used exclusively for 1st party games where Sony has Microsoft dominated.

Most games coming in the next year will be on the old tools. Nothing much will change too much over the next year of releaes. When we start getting the 2nd generation releases, thats when things will change imo.

Um both tools are going to be different by then so I'm not sure what your saying. I'm actually expecting improvements for both (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom