• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine pretending like this doesn't work both ways.

The Sony Side has been....pretty fuckin' "extra" the last couple months. I understand this is in response to the Xbox Side being "extra" after the specs were revealed in the early summer, so I guess fair is fair. I just hope it levels out at some point.

I don't think it was just because of the specs that did it. There were a ton of cases of misinformation being spread around that contributed to the frustration. People were genuinely afraid of the broken PS5 rumors that were being spread around.

But at least the system is reliable it's a shame that might end up being unpowered if this comparison becomes the norm. Hopefully it keeps up with the XSX in future comparisons.

Shmunter

It's the same. It's the new engine with its updated trees. Looks like they tuned their LOD settings.
Let’s be clear, it’s beyond terrible. Those trees are coming into existence literally in front of the player character. Despite lacking some ssr on the old version, on balance it seems to be the better way to play.

I like his factual, logical stuff too

That doesn't look like 40 - 45 FPS? Looks like its close to 60 or even solid 60?

I mean 40 - 45FPS is jarring and easily noticable especially if you're dropping down from 60.

WTF is up with this video? The frame counter doesn't match with what i'm seeing in gameplay.

You mean like trusted sources like NXGamer?
Just watch the vid yourself, if you cant tell that its running at 60fps on XSX, then you shouldnt be commenting on framerate in threads. I mean just compare it to the PS5 footage which is directly next to it.
I've played enough PC games back in the day to know that 40 - 50FPS is easily noticeable if you're dropping down from 60.
Something is fishy with that video comparison. That frame counter makes no sense.
John has a point in that both look identical in this example. I doubt anyone would be happy with 45FPS. Fucking give me solid 60 or solid 30 but 40 or thereabouts sucks ass.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Let’s be clear, it’s beyond terrible. Those trees are coming into existence literally in front of the player character. Despite lacking some ssr on the old version, on balance it seems to be the better way to play.
Had a look at that on PC a couple of hours ago, and the LOD seemed much further out on PC. It certainly wasnt as noticeable as in that vid anyway.

Mr Moose

That doesn't look like 40 - 45 FPS? Looks like its close to 60 or even solid 60?

I mean 40 - 45FPS is jarring and easily noticable especially if you're dropping down from 60.

WTF is up with this video? The frame counter doesn't match with what i'm seeing in gameplay.
Probably an old version of Trdrop or something.
Or maybe the new version that's just released :pie_thinking:

Stuart360

Well its either a fake damage control vid, or the guys capturing software is fucked. Of course it was only fucked for XSX conveniantly.
So yeah i dont think its a software problem at all, i mean how could the guy not notice. He's even ignoring the people in the comments pointing it out, while replying to other people.

Well its either a fake damage control vid, or the guys capturing software is fucked. Of course it was only fucked for XSX conveniantly.
So yeah i dont think its a software problem at all, i mean how could the guy not notice. He's even ignoring the people in the comments pointing it out, while replying to other people.
If that's the case then he's obviously and deliberately spreading FUD. No question about it. I'm a Sony fan but fuck me, this is MisterXMedia level shit.
I thought something looked off and then i saw John's comment which confirmed my suspicions.
I'd comment the same if this was an Xbox fan doing it.
Now convinced this is just a troll. You can be a fan of a platform but when you're outright spreading FUD then you can fuck off. I don't care who you are.

longdi

Banned
lol that video annoys me. Not only does it mean we cant even trust some of these vids anymore, but just the fact that this game has ruffled certain fanboys so much that they would fake a vid and try to spread it around the web as damage control lol.

Rent free.

lol

the sony damage control crew is really something to fake this

we have our own thelastword thelastword , who have hounded DF 🤷‍♀️

driqe

If that's the case then he's obviously and deliberately spreading FUD. No question about it. I'm a Sony fan but fuck me, this is MisterXMedia level shit.
I thought something looked off and then i saw John's comment which confirmed my suspicions.
I'd comment the same if this was an Xbox fan doing it.
Now convinced this is just a troll. You can be a fan of a platform but when you're outright spreading FUD then you can fuck off. I don't care who you are.
Wanna hear a funny joke? HES A FUCKING CATFISH WTF LMFAOOOOOO I JUST REMEMBERED ASHAHHSHASAHSHA

Stuart360

giphy-downsized.gif

Lol you know the situation is dire when people make fake xsx fps videos and some individuals on here were using that video as proof 😆

Earlier in this thread someone tried claiming that Fenyx Rising was native 4k on PS5 and dynamic resolution on XsX and DF was too "Xbox biased" to cover it. When asked for proof he posted a video that directly contradicted him while clearing demonstrating both versions of the game run identically.

Things are getting weird.

Every time I see a Joe Miller tweet get posted as if he's some authority/vetted insider/expert, I ask who he is and I never get an answer.

Mr Moose

Earlier in this thread someone tried claiming that Fenyx Rising was native 4k on PS5 and dynamic resolution on XsX and DF was too "Xbox biased" to cover it. When asked for proof he posted a video that directly contradicted him while clearing demonstrating both versions of the game run identically.

Every time I see a Joe Miller tweet get posted as if he's some authority/vetted insider/expert, I ask who he is and I never get an answer.
Only in the Quality mode.

"The only resolution found on PS5 in Quality Mode was 3840x2160.
Xbox Series X in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 3328x1872. Drops in resolution below 3840x2160 on Xbox Series X in Quality Mode seem to be uncommon."

Is quote broken for anyone else? I try to quote a few lines and it does the whole message :messenger_weary: I'm too lazy to manually type it.

Shmunter

Had a look at that on PC a couple of hours ago, and the LOD seemed much further out on PC. It certainly wasnt as noticeable as in that vid anyway.
They need to patch this. It’s supposed to be next gen, but it’s worse than most things on last gen. This lack of Polish is what grinds my gears. Can’t believe John didn’t bring attention to it.

Shmunter

Isn’t Joe Mille Angry Joe?

Neo_game

Lol Don't care about the PS4 pro's performance, chief. Ps4 pro isn't in the series GDK. The fact that 60fps/1080p is in lockstep with the 4k/60 gives Creedence to future titles proving the s is the 1080/60 machine it was promised to be, whilst not impeding optimization on the X

This game is not too demanding and SS performance is actually pathetic. As other said they can easily get more out of these console but I guess they did not have the time or simply din't bother. RT is suppose to come later in the year so hopefully they will optimize the game as well.

That fake XSX video showing 30-45fps (and the earlier fake PS5 one) shows you have people here who are arguing about stuff like their life depends on it when they blatantly can’t even tell the difference between solid 60fps and something fluctuating all over the place.

It should have been obvious to anyone with working eyes that both videos were 60fps or at least that they weren’t dropping more than a frame or two at worst.

Kagey K

Banned
That fake XSX video showing 30-45fps (and the earlier fake PS5 one) shows you have people here who are arguing about stuff like their life depends on it when they blatantly can’t even tell the difference between solid 60fps and something fluctuating all over the place.

It should have been obvious to anyone with working eyes that both videos were 60fps or at least that they weren’t dropping more than a frame or two at worst.
Go back and reread those posts, that way you know who has a working set of eyes and who doesn’t in future comparison threads.

It’s a great way to weed out the nonsense from the people that can actually see.

Dolomite

This game is not too demanding and SS performance is actually pathetic. As other said they can easily get more out of these console but I guess they did not have the time or simply din't bother. RT is suppose to come later in the year so hopefully they will optimize the game as well.
What does that have to do with the S not impeding optimization on the X? Both of you moved right past my actual point.

Also, devs are not lazy and yeah it's probably challenging developing for 6 consoles/ 3 generations from home with new dev tools. 1080/60 is far from pathetic for $299, and the Series S isn't even my cup of tea.
To your credit, of course these consoles consoles can be pushed this further. The 5 sec frame drop in one area would likely be an easier patch than 30% more native pixel density, but we all know in a few months time this game could be 4k/across the board.

John Wick

It’s only going to keep getting worse from here. I love my PS5 but people are going to start realizing HARD that this thing on paper and in practice is weaker than the SX, Sony gave out dev kits much earlier than Microsoft which is the only reason launch games worked better. As devs get use to both kits it’ll be evident that like people have been saying that the SSD doesn’t do shit for graphi

Bit weird that Hitman 3 on PS4 Pro is better than on Xbox One X, even though we all know the One X is more powerful spec system.

Makes me wonder what IO Interactive is doing with the various versions.

The Hitman 3 versions currently rank: XOne X < PS4 Pro < PS5 < XSX .. so clearly they're not using each system to their max potential.

Like why is there no 60 FPS mode on One X? How is the PS4 Pro and One X the same res? Why is the PS5 only 1800p? etc
I can't believe this thread is ongoing. SX in this game is better except for that one level and scene. Maybe it's compute heavy which favours SX? Accept it and move on. The game is still good on PS5.
As for the reasons why it doesn’t reach 4K on PS5, could be many?
Maybe it's down to BC(which Xbox is way better at), like Warzone where a simple patch can increase framerate and resolution.
Personally I think they could Judging by the PC GPU performance but maybe IO didn't have the time/money to do it? Maybe it wasn't worth the hassle. DRS would have been a much better option as I think PS5 could run a lot of the game in 4K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom