• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most people won't even read this, and most of those that do won't care, but I am gonna say it anyway:

Hypocrisy destroys any and all comparison discussions. You have to keep the same energy both ways.

People who throw parades when one console has some slight edge over the other and then turn around and thumb their nose when the other console gets a slight advantage in a different game, that's not helpful at all.

I understand that, back in the summer, the "XsX Superiority" narrative leading up to launch was kind of exhausting, and when PS5 won many matchups of the launch window titles there was justified "eat crow!" responses, but facts are facts and it appears that XsX wins this one clearly. Just one case, nothing world shattering, but a valid win that is worth noting.

Moving the goalposts and whatnot accomplishes nothing. Seems to happen every thread.

It's okay. PS5 is still awesome. From what I can tell this is a great looking game, regardless of platform. Amazing what the engine can do without the need of RT. I would have guessed it had RT reflections based on how good they look.

And why are people now acting as if 1800p is some crazy huge difference from native 4K?

It's not, but higher resolution and shadows, as slight as it may be, is still a noteworthy advantage. Similar things have been called clear wins for PS5 in other games. Fair is fair.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
This thread...

denile.gif

Can't even try the "parity is a win" here. I'm guessing it's going to be the 1/3rd of a second loadtime advantage from more than double the SSd speed that's the real reason the PS5 wins?

Doncabesa

WTF you talking about its 5000 football pitches long. Hence why he is using a SNIPER RIFLE. "lollipop_disappointed:

I will say one thing, the way these people at Df that play games, makes me cry inside.
It's rough watching most gaming journalists play games. It's why streamers took off so much, people finally got to see high quality gameplay for once. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

skit_data

I guess from here on the ”tools” have officially arrived. This is where we draw a line. From here on, I dont want to hear ”curious case”, ”surprising”, ”possibly a bug” or anything similar. Am i right? Or will these test by DF and others only matter to some when its in their favourite consoles favor?

No more beating around the bush. From anyone. Capish?

Maybe it's the first next-gen game without DRS.

Xbox Series X in native 4k has few dips. PS5 in native 4k should have more dips.

In static resolution, PS5 at 1800p shows constant 60fps .

Maybe with DRS PS5 should get 4k in some scenarios.

But of course, clear Xbox Series X win.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Again, a drop is still a drop. You don't see that on PS5 because it isn't being pushed as hard as SX. This means there's a good chance PS5 performs identical to XSX if the resolution and shadow quality were on par just like in other games.
Easier to push frames when a game is at 1800p like the PS4 Pro days.

assurdum

Banned
I guess from here on the ”tools” have officially arrived. This is where we draw a line. From here on, I dont want to hear ”curious case”, ”surprising”, ”possibly a bug” or anything similar. Am i right? Or will these test by DF and others only matter to some when its in their favourite consoles favor?

No more beating around the bush. From anyone. Capish?
I'm not exactly shocked knowing them but really after so many games so close on both, how can be considered "normal" suddenly such difference in resolution in this multiplat? I'd like to know more.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Jesus, “AN XBOX ADVANTAGE AT 4K”

Wow, and people had the nerve of calling them unbiased. They shouting the win from the rooftops. Not just that they are using coded language for the search engine.

People saying they notice 1800p to 4K but 1440p is ok are hilarious.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I thought it was all about frame rate and not resolution.. PS5 holds locked 60 at 1800p and Xbox fps dips at 2160p.

I would imagine that in this case PS5 fairs slightly better because the difference between 1800p and 2160p is quite minimal, especially in a game like this.

If it was say 1440p vs 2160p well that would be a difference.

At the end of the day, we all know the X has more raw power and its not surprising it can push higher frames but the fact it can't hold 60 especially for this type of game is worrying. Even with the PS5, next gen consoles have failed to deliver to be honest.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Wait, it's not DRS?

I thought it was all about frame rate and not resolution.. PS5 holds locked 60 at 1800p and Xbox fps dips at 2160p.

I would imagine that in this case PS5 fairs slightly better because the difference between 1800p and 2160p is quite minimal, especially in a game like this.

If it was say 1440p vs 2160p well that would be a difference.

At the end of the day, we all know the X has more raw power and its not surprising it can push higher frames but the fact it can't hold 60 especially for this type of game is worrying. Even with the PS5, next gen consoles have failed to deliver to be honest.

1440p to 4k is absolutely unrealistic, that's 2x more pixels, 1800p is still 44% advantage, which is pretty huge honestly. Framerate as well as Resolution, I am sure they could improve things on both systems.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Slightly off topic but all these 'tools' memes are getting frustrating. It was a certain section of fans, in the 'Next Gen' thread, that for months wouldnt shut up about Xbox tools being way behind PS5. Then when the games finally came, and we got results that backed up what they had been spouting for months, it all became a joke and bad tools are just an excuse by Xbots etc.
At least be consistent with your bullshit.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

Funny how this is the only time they chose to name a 'winner' in the video title, and not in any previous comparison where PS5 was ahead.
Yeah weird there's no ps5 advantage slapped on the titles of videos ps5 performed better in, even though it does in this one. Very bizarre behaviour but only if you look for fairness, if you look with a view to DF seemingly being relieved about xbox 'winning' something it makes more sense.

Also its one game, one engine, we've seen many results go other ways, with advantages here and there.

We've seen them perform the same so its odd the devs of this one aren't able to on ps5, does this game favour a pc like setup? There's clearly some head room on ps5 at 1800p as xbox drops to 41fps at times when scoping or low 50s in the grass.

Will df be investigating to see why its a lower res like they do with xbox? Afterall, weve seen ps5 match or out perform so whats going on, must be a bug eh 😬 or lazy devs eh... obviously this set of devs haven't got to grips with the ps5 tools.....LOL.

But id be interested to know what would happen both at 4k. I'll await df reaching out the the devs.... 🙄

I'm carrying progress over from PS4 and would have leaned towards getting that version anyway for VR and for making/sharing clips. Bummer that it's not quite as good as Series X version (which, all other things being equal, I probably would have gone with). That said, 1800p/60fps with ultra textures sounds good to me.

It was a certain section of fans, in the 'Next Gen' thread, that for months wouldnt shut up about Xbox tools being way behind PS5. Then when the games finally came, and we got results that backed up what they had been spouting for months, it all became a joke and bad tools are just an excuse by Xbotx etc.
What? Tools being behind is a common notion and people - like me for example - have been claiming that with the tools maturing we will some difference sooner or later and the previous results where people were looking for Cerny sauce should have been taken with a grain of salt. Now suddenly Xbox X became better and argument switched to "no no your tools are not maturing, games is just not optimized for PS5" etc. So typical console warring.

assurdum

Banned
Not more than some posters here 🤣 but I’ll take Alex info is more reliable.. as he talks to devs
I'm not talking about the tools improvement but use a single case of better "multiplat" as statistical and evidence of something. A single game has completely deleted what is happens until now in multiplat because it shows an advantage on series X.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom