• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight, fight, fight! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

tenor.gif

thelastword

Banned
By any chance, did DF question why PS5 was not at 4k and that it had headroom for 4k since it's locked 60fps? Especially against Xbox which is falling to the low 40's, perhaps even lower when Vgtech does it tests. Of course also considering that PS5 always had the better performance at higher resolutions in many other games, even better effects too at times.

sinnergy

I'm not talking about the tools improvement but use a single case of better "multiplat" as statistical and evidence of something. A single game has completely deleted what is happens until now in multiplat because it shows an advantage on series X.
That’s not what he is saying .. he is saying that builds of games are improving ... he heard. He doesn’t even say it’s the case with Hitman 3.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Put simply, it's 60 frames per second... with just one exception in our hours of play. In the Mendoza mission set in Argentina, it is possible to see Xbox consoles run between 50 to 60fps around a field towards the outskirts of the level, while PlayStation 5 remains constant at 60fps

The SX also runs at a higher resolution and is basically running like a high end PC and the performance issues will likely be ironed out in a patch as the video shows when it does drop there isn’t a reason too. When that does if you’re interested in the game at all and own both why bother with the WORSE version unless you just prefer the controller or you have 1/2 on PlayStation and want to finish it.

J_Gamer.exe

I'll keep saying cross gen titles aren't a true test of what these consoles are capable of. It is pretty interesting to see that the one are the PS5 dominates the XSX in, the SSD speeds, it doesn't actually translate to a significant load time advantage. It's possible we'll see that advantage in the 3rd party native PS5 and XSX|S games.

Games not coded for io as long as cross gen, made for cpus to do the work I believe, not ssd and decompression units etc.

The ps5 io in full swing can give a spiderman type result of an open world game in a second or 2 like ratchet and Clank.

BigLee74

I try to stay out of commenting on these threads, but there is some serious defending going on from camp blue here.

As it stands, a decent win for Xbox - significantly higher res, higher settings, and with only a single small section of the game (found so far) that performs worse letting the side down.

Having said that, I’m all about frame rate, so would gladly accept something like dropping the res for that one map to PS5 levels if it smoothed it out.

Expect patches!

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
By any chance, did DF question why PS5 was not at 4k and that it had headroom for 4k since it's locked 60fps? Especially against Xbox which is falling to the low 40's, perhaps even lower when Vgtech does it tests. Of course also considering that PS5 always had the better performance at higher resolutions in many other games, even better effects too at times.

DF only goes around asking questions and calling devs when Xbox is behind.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Put simply, it's 60 frames per second... with just one exception in our hours of play. In the Mendoza mission set in Argentina, it is possible to see Xbox consoles run between 50 to 60fps around a field towards the outskirts of the level, while PlayStation 5 remains constant at 60fps
For this Xbox would probably have to be quite a bit faster, this is area where MS with their Direct X don't stand a chance againts low-level API of Playstation. And no this is something which tools does not fix, it has same issues on fast PCs, this is why ACV have above PC ultra settings with foliage density.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Slightly off topic but all these 'tools' memes are getting frustrating. It was a certain section of fans, in the 'Next Gen' thread, that for months wouldnt shut up about Xbox tools being way behind PS5. Then when the games finally came, and we got results that backed up what they had been spouting for months, it all became a joke and bad tools are just an excuse by Xbots etc.
At least be consistent with your bullshit.
tenor.png

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Of course, xbox tools will only get better, ps tools will stay the same forever.

Of course.
Well technically true tho, Sony tools is as perfected as they can be. MS solution for consoles is *couch* not ideal. Obviously if we are talking about new technologies, then sure, however that's just added feature, not really some fix. Which MS has a lot of work to do.

Games not coded for io as long as cross gen, made for cpus to do the work I believe, not ssd and decompression units etc.

The ps5 io in full swing can give a spiderman type result of an open world game in a second or 2 like ratchet and Clank.
I just think its interesting to see the on paper performance advantage vs real world in the same game. There will never be a R&C on Xbox so we'll never know how fast that game would load there. I guess the same can be said about GPU performance between the systems as well although this particular title isn't a use case for that.

Stuart360

Another priceless TLW post, but the highlighted made me chuckle. You try and act all diplomatic (and so many people fall for it) but you are not smart, and your wind ups will one day be picked up by the mods.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
By chance did DF try reloading the level that drops frames on SX like they have to on a lot of PS5 games that people claim are bugs. But really we know its the overclocked variable performance gpu can't cope anymore. Hence a reload.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Was expecting this to be 4k60fps LOCKED on both consoles and flawless 60fps 1440p on XSS for what it's capabilities are.
Kinda disappointing considering it don't look much better then the last gen versions and has no ray tracing either 😟

J_Gamer.exe

So not a single drop on ps5 when doing this at 1800p. Maybe someone can calculate the % difference but ps5 must be running a fair amount higher not to drop.

20 fps nearly at those moments, so its odd its locked to 1800p. Do they not do resolutions in between 1800p and 2160p.

Given 20 fps difference in some scenes id be surprised if ps5 couldn't bump up to at least 2000p and still not drop to 41 fps.

Bit of an odd one this, maybe game was easier to port onto series x and ps5 got a improved pro version. I wouldn't have thought so but seeing no drops even in stressful areas you think res would be raised until it was at least taxed slightly.

Blond

Banned
And why are people now acting as if 1800p is some crazy huge difference from native 4K?
Because it is? Lol
The SX is also running higher settings at higher resolution’s.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
PS5 version:

- locked 60 fps
- Dualsense support
- VR support

Real winner ;-)

Wow I definitely wasn't expecting this big of a difference.

Looks like the rumors weren't wrong after all. More games like this and the PS5 will look underpowered compared to the Series X.

Lol So you take "shit" performance (even in previous DF videos) over a small res bump?

Last edited:
Makes sense, the Xbox Series X has the power to brute-force 4K over PS5 even as the development tools continue to mature and update on a monthly basis. I expect the Xbox to continue to widen the gap throughout the generation, especially starting with games that release in the second half of the year.

Last edited:
have people who are saying about the Fps drops on xbox even watched the video? he talks about it being locked at 60fps and 4k locked but something strange happens in that one area and when past that area its back to 60fps 4k locked. its like a tiny portion of the game

Not only have a lot of people not watched the video, seems like many didn't even read the quotes in the OP. I think some just saw the title and went straight to War Mode.

It is and always will be. That's why PS5 gets another win.

family guy brian GIF

wut

Slightly off topic but all these 'tools' memes are getting frustrating. It was a certain section of fans, in the 'Next Gen' thread, that for months wouldnt shut up about Xbox tools being way behind PS5. Then when the games finally came, and we got results that backed up what they had been spouting for months, it all became a joke and bad tools are just an excuse by Xbots etc.
At least be consistent with your bullshit.

STOP MAKING SENSE.

Last edited:

TheAssist

I wonder if the people arguing in here even have a next gen console. Because honestly, as soon as I got my console of choice on launch I lost all interest in these discussions.

I'm playing the games and I am happy with what I have right now. I dont think a few more pixels, or some miniscule slow downs more or less will influence the enjoyment of games for anyone who actually likes the game.

I could understand it if it was a major difference, but sheesh, its nothing guys. Most people wouldnt know the difference even if you told them and thats kinda what most people with brains expected.
I'm more curios to know why some people just want to live in this constant state of agitation and antagonism. Is this why we cant have nice things?

Doesn't it make more sense to wait for a multi-platform game developed from the ground up on both PS5 and Series X? I know we're all still waiting here, but god damn these machines are close to each other and will only really show their strength with exclusives. Anything outside that, as shown by certain members, is miniscule bullshit for tiny pee pee men.

Instigators gonna instigate.
200.gif

Why not upgrade your PC and call it a day?

billy mayes set it and forget it GIF

skneogaf

My TV (lg c9) is proper hdmi 2.1 so will completely disguise any fps dips with vrr as the series x supports it but I can't find where it says it will add 44% more pixels and much better shadows in the manual.

I'll double check and get back to yous....

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So not a single drop on ps5 when doing this at 1800p. Maybe someone can calculate the % difference but ps5 must be running a fair amount higher not to drop.
3200 * 1800 = 5.76 million pixels
3840 * 2160 = 8.29 million pixels

8.29/5.76 = 1.43 or 43%

60 fps / 41 fps = 46%

PS5 is able to handle it because its rendering far fewer pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom