• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonkyDonk

Time for the xbox fan revenge against the PS fans taking revenge on the xbox fans taking revenge. Or something.
This shit will go back and forth so many times from one game to the next, but because this is the first time that a game has fit the narrative that was built up all of last year, it will be blown up as a 'sign of things to come'. In the end it will come down to the unique demands of each game's engine and which console it suits best.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
No I can't live with the thought that someone is playing with the lesser hardware because of me.
That person would then be a lesser lifeform also because of me.
Good point. Fucking shoot it.

Doom Eternal Fps GIF

They will talk about it.

"We'll be looking at Hitman 3 with a broader perspective, encompassing last-gen consoles, in content coming soon - and we'll also be focusing on the PC version too in a separate piece. One thing we can share right now is that last-gen and next-gen consoles have much in common, and it does require PC to really push this engine to its limits - in this sense Hitman 3 continues the mission in the same way as its predecessor. The push to 60fps does set the next-gen consoles apart, but PS4 Pro's curious 1080p60 mode is a fascinating outlier. We've not put a huge amount of time into it, but it works well in the Dubai stage, running almost flawlessly, and it's curious not to see it on Xbox One X too. Regardless, we've got much more to share on Hitman 3 and we'll be reporting back as soon as we can."

Seems like PS4 has two modes... one of them is 60fps.... this mode is not present in XB1 X.
I have the impression PS5 version is being limited by the PS4 Pro version.

If the PS5 version is running bugged and held back version of the Pro version why are the textures at Ultra, like the XsX? I doubt the Pro has Ultra textures....

Not saying you're wrong, it is possible. We have seen bugged releases of NG versions of games so far.

Last edited:

skit_data

Its funny how almost every game that has the marketing rights with each console ending up in the other consoles favor. I am happy to see that the tools have arrived.

Watch IO downgrade the Series X with a patch, bringing down the Series X resolution and turn the PS5 settings up to the same as Series X.

Interesting. No interest in console “wins” since my intent is to own both at some point - just have an Series X for now - but I’d much rather have higher resolution for the ENTIRE GAME than a few frame rate advantages here and there. If one derives actual happiness at your preferred machine besting another....I’d say Xbox fans are probably feeling very good about this.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Do people read on here? It drops frames only in a field area. DF found no drops elsewhere. Series it's 4K 60fps
This is the problem with static resolution. Once you hit 60fps like on the PS5, you can have spare GPU cycles that could be used for more pixels. Similarly, the dips on the XSX could be countered by dropping the res.

You can scream "win" for XSX, but it is another case of the devs not taking the time to do it right. Set it and forget it is not optimal.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Its funny how almost every game that has the marketing rights with each console ending up in the other consoles favor. I am happy to see that the tools have arrived.

Watch IO downgrade the Series X with a patch, bringing down the Series X resolution and turn the PS5 settings up to the same as Series X.
🤷‍♂️ could happen.. my guess is a patch could bring PS5 res up and fix that one area on X .. win win

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

I don't get the clickbait DF title. Didn't the PS5 had advantages in most video's so far?

This just says they are trying to please the xbox fanboys.....Very disgusting.
You can tell from reading the comments under the videos that their viewership, and probably a lot of their patreon donors, are largely xbox fanboys. During the X1X/PS4 Pro hype period a lot of Xbox fans flocked to DF for vindication of their fandom, and now again for SX they've been looking to DF to confirm the 'Xbox Advantage'. DF has been tip-toeing around the early comparions because they didn't fit the narrative, but now they can proudly announce this in a video title because that's what the bulk of their audience wants to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom