• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF/JF: Battlefield 4 PS4 vs XB1 videos/screens (900p PS4, 720p XB1)

ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

AmyS

What's remarkable about both the PS4 and Xbox One versions is how DICE has managed to somehow reproduce the look and feel of a "modern" gaming PC even though technically a modern HIGH-END PC can still take a dump on both, if you spend considerably more than the cost of a PS4 and XBone put together.

I saw such a huge difference right away I just had to post it.

I don't want to say DOCTORED or anything, could be capture equipment? I dunno. But there is a massive difference in the overall Jack video compared to the DF video throughout. The crushing blacks are gone, that sharp contrast is gone, etc.

MrDaravon

I feel like all bets should be off on all sides here until we figure out why there is seemingly a huge disparity in capture between DF and JackFrags.

ref

JackFrag's One footage looks much better than the DF footage, color wise.

Something is not right with the DF footage, it looks heavily doctored and unnatural, not saying they did it intentionally, but something caused it to look way oversharpened and the colours all ugly like.

prophecy0

I feel like a new thread should be made for the jackfrags vids.
The differences are night and day...

The DF videos don't really deserve the attention.

Agreed. The singleplayer XB1 videos that Jackfrags is posting show a shit ton of aliasing. The fact that the XB1 version is running at 720p is painfully obvious. I'm waiting for him to post some PS4 single player so I can do a direct comparison.

RedAssedApe

Banned
interesting. but not surprised by comments. some people like the "sharpened" look just like some people like the oversaturated look.

shrugs. :)

LOOK AT THIS

Do you SERIOUSLY think the devs intended the game to look like it does on the Xbone?

look at artist's screenshot

You can't see the gun on the XBO version.

To be fair its not the exact same scene. Lighting could be different. I can also claim that the XBOX One versions explosion looks more intense if we go that route. Lighting my man.

And before anyone starts to think that the next-gen consoles even come close to the PC version.. here is a list of features the PC version has that neither consoles has:

* Global Illumination
* More particles (rain included)
* Bokeh DOF
* Subsurface scattering (look at the skin example and water)
* No popin (PS4 showed LOD popin during a car driving scene)
* Higher res textures
* Better filtering
* Post-processing tone mapping with bloom
* Higher resolution (obviously)
* Better AA

Not even close if you ask me..

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So... did DF crush the blacks on the X1 and wash out the PS4 to fuck with people to see if they could spot resolution differences or something?

It's true people's televisions will have various calibrations.

UNCMark

Banned
I guess the biggest difference when viewed on screen will be the frame rate differences.

Edit: No scratch that the AA difference is noticeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzkw32amOM

Bingo. Staring at pictures means nothing. In motion it's infinitely clear who the winner is. The good thing for Xbox One fans is that it's not by a huge margin. Take solace in that I guess.

The multiplayer not working on Xbox One is only going to continue to fuel the XBL problem rumor. Lets see how the England vs America BF match goes, and if its played on XB One.

neptunes

It's frustrating that MS and/or Dice's trick to hide the massive flaws of the XB1 version is working on a lot of people here. It's pretty disingenuous of them to even try this stunt like no one would notice.

Frankly I'm disgusted at how many on here have been fooled by it already. Look at some of those pics, you can't even see the damn gun in the XB1 version.
If you think some gaffers are having trouble noticing, so you think the differences will be as apparent to most consumers?

I was honestly expecting a much bligger gulf in differences than the ones we're seeing now.

Maybe that will happen with other multiplatform titles?

All the people saying that the destroyed colors on the xbox version are better remind me of Naughty Dogs joke Next gen filter

I don't understand why some are getting salty over the image post processing happening in the X1. Is it native to the game? No, but so what. You either like it or you don't. It's personal preference.

NBtoaster

Yeah. If you are watching the stuff on JackFrags' Youtube, it's starting to look like Digital Foundry did SOMETHING to the videos. (And I think it's painfully obvious to anyone who works with imaging for a living what that is...)

I highly recommend looking at Jack's videos rather than DF's bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jackfrags/videos

Don't know why the JackFrags thread was locked.

They did say the difference was strange and could be a capture issue.

When you have them in a GIF its not even close. The BF4 version is less saturated (which isn't really a problem) but everything else about it looks better.

Top Bottom