• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF-Watch Dogs Legion PC Review: Ray Tracing + GFX Upgrades - A Taste of Next-Gen?

FireFly

Interesting. Sadly it seems even 30 series can't handle RT and it overloads RT cores causing those drops to 45 fps. Nothing to do with CPU. I play with 80 fps capped at very high without any drops, no RT.
According to the DF analysis, RT adds additional load on the CPU.

Arun1910

I just wish this game ran properly. It looks pretty good to me (not the best), but DX12 tanks my framerate so I can't even use Ray Tracing. DLSS does absolutely nothing for me to get a steady 60fps

Armorian

Banned
Interesting. Sadly it seems even 30 series can't handle RT and it overloads RT cores causing those drops to 45 fps. Nothing to do with CPU. I play with 80 fps capped at very high without any drops, no RT.

DX11? DX11 strangely have lower CPU overhead than DX12 and enabling RT increases CPU load again.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I bought it and it's like WD2 level fun, so I would say it's actually pretty good. Been playing it a lot during weekend. But obviously you do you : )

Well WD2 was great and got the gold edition as well, and worth every penny. I'll wait and see how it looks on PS5 first, play other games as it's already crowded, and I only play one game at a time.

scalman

who would like to play game where london would act like london anyway, would be just boring stuff. as all things we dont need them to be too realistic same for all genres

Bo_Hazem

Banned
who would like to play game where london would act like london anyway, would be just boring stuff. as all things we dont need them to be too realistic same for all genres

I would like to, and many who haven't been to London. And I like the UK taste of banter, especially with that early trailer of the bald guy who got permadeath. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Game have next gen npc creation kit there and thats great . They not created by devs like in other games
Name other game that would have that many diff npc in world with own dialog lines and would be living in world like people doing stuff.

The way NPCs (all characters for that matter) look is easily the worst visual aspect of this game.

Play the game for longer than few hours and the illusion of "many different NPCs with their own voices" crumbles. I hated it so much that I turned off dialog and I'm playing with subtitles now.

:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom