• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 sorceress question...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just started up a new character online with a friend, just wondering what a good skill path for a sorceress would be.

He's doing a Barbarian, so I'll be focusing on spellcasting obviously. I think I am going to go the Ice route because many of the spells also compound debilitating effects. Any tips or suggestions?

Level up blizzard all the way 1st off, after that just start maxing the synergies. Put one into energy shield and another into static, and one into warmth. After that you should be good. Blizz sorc = best kind of sorc imo.

I have a lvl 90 fire sorc that can do around 21k damage, but blizzard slows down enemies, and that is a very handy thing to have

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
level up one of the last ice skills. i cant remember the name but its a ball of ice that shoots out spikes. good combination with fire wall or blizzard

ZILLION

1 point in static and warmth
20 points in frozen orb
8 in cold mastery
20 in meteor,fireball and fire mastery each.

Pick up every orb you find on the ground until you find one with energy shield or one of the cold armors. Put it on weapon switch and use it to cast ES or the cold shield.

The benefit of this character over a pure fire,ice or lightning sorc is that she can kill anywhere in hell difficulty without running into immunity problems. Her attacks ont be as powerfull as a pure fire or ice sorc but her versatility is more important,I think. This character is completed at level 90 but is viable long before that.

Once you start finding the good equipment this character is easily the best in the game,imo. A meteor/orb sorc with max resists,50% damage reduction,75% block and a well equipped nightmare defensive merc is one hell of a beast. She can fight anywhere solo and clear areas quickly. In my MAGIC FIND gear she dishes out 12,000 plus meteor damage,5,000 plus fireball damage and 400 frozen orb damage(per shard). Meteor has a casting delay but the afterburn damage stacks. Frozen Orb hits monsters all over the screen and fireball is spammable. That's 3 skills all useful in hell difficulty.

eh, you can make it through hell with that character... slowly and by yourself with very nice equiptment. If you plan on using this character up until level 85 or so for MFing or anything like that, concentrate on either fire, lightning, or cold. Blizzard maxed with maxed cold mastery and some synergies will do up to around 20k damage per cast

check out this forum: http://forums.rpgforums.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=20 for some insightfull tips on how to make a good Sorc

ElyrionX

ZILLION said:
1 point in static and warmth
20 points in frozen orb
8 in cold mastery
20 in meteor,fireball and fire mastery each.

Pick up every orb you find on the ground until you find one with energy shield or one of the cold armors. Put it on weapon switch and use it to cast ES or the cold shield.

The benefit of this character over a pure fire,ice or lightning sorc is that she can kill anywhere in hell difficulty without running into immunity problems. Her attacks ont be as powerfull as a pure fire or ice sorc but her versatility is more important,I think. This character is completed at level 90 but is viable long before that.

Once you start finding the good equipment this character is easily the best in the game,imo. A meteor/orb sorc with max resists,50% damage reduction,75% block and a well equipped nightmare defensive merc is one hell of a beast. She can fight anywhere solo and clear areas quickly. In my MAGIC FIND gear she dishes out 12,000 plus meteor damage,5,000 plus fireball damage and 400 frozen orb damage(per shard). Meteor has a casting delay but the afterburn damage stacks. Frozen Orb hits monsters all over the screen and fireball is spammable. That's 3 skills all useful in hell difficulty.

IAWTP

The meteorb sorc build is probably one of the most popular sorc build around and for good reason too. It is extremely versatile and can definitely solo hell. Remember that a well-equipped merc is extremely essential to this build since you need someone to tank the monsters so that you can cast meteor.....

Buggy Loop

Would you build a sorc in single player the same way? Im about to reinstall diablo 2 and play as a sorc or necro, since last time i formatted my PC, i forgot to backup my diablo 2 saves, sigh.

Warmth is very important for single player isnt it?

akascream

Banned
CL builds are awesome, especially if you go pure lightning(it's a multiplayer rpg, immunities be damned).. synergies add nice damage. A bit gear dependant, but kickin fun nonetheless.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thanks for the tips. Been putting quite a bit of time into this with a couple friends lately, nearing the level 30 mark so I can spill all these points into the orb spell.

Online multiplayer is awesome! (When playing with peeps you know)

Top Bottom