• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filth

Oh man, Battle Tags are going to show up in game? Time to change my Battle Tag to something more Diablo-esque.

Anyone that is thinking of buying both should take note of this.

Uhhhhh I bought the digital standard. And jumped in on a ce last week. Anyone know if I can attach the wings and crap to my battlement account? What should I do :(

LordCanti

I have friends that actually putted their rl names as Battletags - no idea why but... better warn them about this "change".

I think Real ID is the culprit there. If you don't opt-out, anyone on your friends list can see your full name.

Uhhhhh I bought the digital standard. And jumped in on a ce last week. Anyone know if I can attach the wings and crap to my battlement account? What should I do :(

Maybe you can upgrade the normal edition to CE on battlenet. I'm not sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
VbZpa.jpg

Island

In all honesty... I beat Diablo 1.... so I am not completely lost... and know whats going on with the story thus far.

How much longer (time wise) to beat D2 from ACT 2?

~Kinggi~

Banned
In all honesty... I beat Diablo 1.... so I am not completely lost... and know whats going on with the story thus far.

D2 is huge, especially with expansion. U looking at probably 20-30 hours more.

But if you just want story watch some youtube videos. Zealous D posted walkthrough story in a playlist.

Naito

If I'm not mistaken, you can add your CE serial to your bnet account and you'll have your cosmetic items appear in game.

LordCanti

You're only allowed one Battletag change per account?

....The pressure to pick a good one is crushing me.

Also: Good God at that 25,000% damage WD build

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're only allowed one Battletag change per account?

....The pressure to pick a good one is crushing me.
Sometimes (as in very rarely), you'll be able to change your name. We've already gotten one name change :3

kyubajin

You could watch everything on YouTube but believe me, nothing tops clearing D2+ LoD by yourself the 1st time :) besides, there's plenty of time until the OT, I mean the game is released.

Yoshichan

You could watch everything on YouTube but believe me, nothing tops clearing D2+ LoD by yourself the 1st time :) besides, there's plenty of time until the OT, I mean the game is released.
Indeed... nothing will ever top the rage I had when I tried soloing Duriel the first time.

I tell you, it wasn't a glorious day for Yoshi. Fuck.

mizuk_i

The CE is a single key that grants access to all CE content and the game itself. I had a friend call Blizzard and he got the digital edition removed from his account and got a refund.

Yoshichan

First world problems as it finest.
We're wiping once every 5 minutes anyway, so the end result would look the same :3

kyubajin

Indeed... nothing will ever top the rage I had when I tried soloing Duriel the first time.

I tell you, it wasn't a glorious day for Yoshi. Fuck.
Duriel... Made me re-roll like 3 times on Vanilla D2 until I finally beat him. My PC back then was sorta struggling to run the game and the 1st time I entered the chamber I was insta killed after the loading screen :D

Yoshichan

Wait, I thought Duriel was a she?!

THIS.

CHANGES.

EVERYTHING!

Naito

I give up on waiting the arrival of the OT.
Besides, it's past 4AM over here - I'll be seeing you later in the OT
hopefully

Svafnir

Thought i'd post this again for new page, lots of interesting tidbits. So many questions...

Q: Do bosses get more abilities through the difficulties to make them harder or do they just have scaling dmg and life? ie. in nightmare, hell, and inferno. Also, does Nephalem Valor only apply in Inferno?

A: Jay Wilson - Not really. We have a couple cases, but they are mild enough that I'd say overall no. Bosses mainly scale in stats. And yes, Nephalem Valor is Inferno only.

That's a little bit of a disappointment, I was hoping for bosses to change from difficulty to difficulty.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man OT rolling out tonight and saying goodbye to the beta thread. It's been a long 9 months since first getting into beta. Feels like I've played the game a ton, but haven't played it at all! I had a great time playing with a lot of you and can't wait for some 4-man inferno action!

Well, signing off of the beta thread folks. It's been real! See you all in the shiny OT!

-ps- Ill check back in just to make sure Battletags get added if need be

I'm not fat though ;_;

I wonder if "GrimDarkington" is taken.

Battletags aren't unique. You'll just be GrimDarkington#9312 (or whatever); others can have the same name and they'll just have a different number appended.

(Damn, I should be lurking. OT hype is getting to me!)

Filth

The CE is a single key that grants access to all CE content and the game itself. I had a friend call Blizzard and he got the digital edition removed from his account and got a refund.

yeah but i got my ce from buy.com and have no idea if its going to be coming on time.

:/

scy

Duriel... Made me re-roll like 3 times on Vanilla D2 until I finally beat him. My PC back then was sorta struggling to run the game and the 1st time I entered the chamber I was insta killed after the loading screen :D

Duriel was the bane of HC runs for so long :|

Megasoum

Banned
Hahahahaha

Q: How will the Monk and Witch Doctor passive skills that avoid death work in Hardcore mode?

A: Jay Wilson - They will allow you to avoid death! Congratulations, hardcore player, you have outsmarted mortality!

LordCanti

Battletags aren't unique. You'll just be GrimDarkington#9312 (or whatever); others can have the same name and they'll just have a different number appended.

(Damn, I should be lurking. OT hype is getting to me!)

I'll be the best damn GrimDarkington though. The King of them, if you will.

You all better believe it.

Forgot about a couple graphics I needed to do, but after that we're looking at soon. For reals this time!

Most everything is in there now (so much copy-pasting of links), except some text, and then a final formatting pass. After that I'll run it by a couple people before it goes public.

Contain your orgasms.

Junie12

Forgot about a couple graphics I needed to do, but after that we're looking at soon. For reals this time!

Most everything is in there now (so much copy-pasting of links), except some text, and then a final formatting pass. After that I'll run it by a couple people before it goes public.

Contain your orgasms.

Take your time, no rush here :)

Just make sure it's great.

Riggs

Banned

Contain your orgasms.

injqslAC87Gav.gif

Not sure how this image is relevant. But that's my energy level right now.

scy

Contain your orgasms.

I just hope to be able to claim an avatar maybe~!

LordCanti

Contain your orgasms.

kTIhG.gif

Contain your orgasms.

We. Are. So. Close.

iEpbb8Oyv6UNL.gif

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Is the CE really sold out? Glad I preordered in October, but I thought Blizzard overproduced CEs. Maybe I'm misinformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom