• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III fans angry at PS4 announcement

Woorloog

Banned
Pretty sure the presenter mentioned it was designed for 4 player couch coop... Must buy for me too.

Whoah? That would be awesome. Nothing comes close to playing with friends on same console.
Still going to need some exclusive before considering getting PS4 though, Destiny, Watch Dogs and Diablo 3 aren't enough, being multiplats.

While I already have the game on PC, I may double dip just based on friend finally being able to play with me as they do not have a capable PCs. So yeah, will buy.

I'm one of the rare folks on Gaf that likes D3. *hides*

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Belgorim

I could see myself trying this out if I buy a Ps4, would probably be the best launch game if it is released then (it wont, its blizzard, its 5 years away)

Mutombo

Blizzard "fans" are always angry at Blizzard. But they keep on buying, so I don't think Blizzard cares that much.

I don't think there's a fan base who responds so emotional, and whines so fucking much aboutwhat they're fan of, as Blizzard's fan base.

SRTtoZ

If you know anything about the D3 forums you would realize this is nothing new. That place has been a disaster since day 1.

itxaka

Defeatist
Have they fixed their fucking game on pc?? Becuase even on low with 25ms latency I have stuttering abd can't play fluid enough. Fucking blizzard mang, you were the chosen one.

Zemm

Have they fixed their fucking game on pc?? Becuase even on low with 25ms latency I have stuttering abd can't play fluid enough. Fucking blizzard mang, you were the chosen one.

Nope, still haven't fixed this, and probably never will.

charsace

People only realizing this now when it was obvious once you got to play the game and compare it to the prequel of that cheaper game that is just as good.

Lombax

Banned
They mad.

20130221_164737.jpg

wasnt Diablo2 on PS1 the same game as on PC?

it was Diablo 1 and it wasn't the same game (not the same scale) but it was a fun game. I remember many afternoons playing with my brother.

Yeah because given the years D3 has been in development I'm SURE there was collusion about getting this game on PS4 since before the PS3 was in development.

the D3 game that was being developed in 2001-2002 is not he same game that was developed in 2007 or so.

Oh cry me a damn river. The original Diablo was released for the PS1, but I guess these guys are just ignoring that?

Granted it's not too surprising this came from the cesspool that are Blizzard's official forums, where idiocy is born.

Diablo 3 Blowhard: "I retroactively hate the $60 I spent, 1200 hours I played, and $4000 I earned selling gems in the real money auction house because this late port obviously ruined everything!"

I can't enjoy starcraft anymore because it was ported to the n64. Clearly the game was for babies and ruined by consoles.

Derp.
Pretty exciting announcement, I look forward to playing d3 on my triple.

the issue isn't that it's out in the PS3, the issue is in what ways was D3 compromised because they were planning to release it on consoles. and Starcraft on N64 did in no way compromise the original vision of starcraft on PC.

kerry3tsl4.gif
Miserable fucks. Emotional investment in a video game to this degree is so goddamned pathetic.

well you're obvioulsy emotionally invested in it if it upsets you that much.

Some of those reasons dont even face logic.

Diablo 3 has achievements because console players like them? WTF are you talking about every Blizzard game has achievements, WoW, SCII, and now Diablo.

But anyways, people are just upset the game changed.

Wait, there are people who are still fans of D3?

I have a friend who was a big fan of Diablo 1 and 2. He told me that he hated Diablo III on initial release, but he says it is a lot of fun now that they have addressed many of the games issues with the latest patches.

The game's going to have been out for over a year before the console version comes out. It's ridiculous to suggest the whole game was designed for console when its a year and a half between the PC release and the console one.

Diablo in console has a good chance of being the best version. I doubt they will have a real money auction house and they might not even have an auction house at all. Either way they could reconfigure the drops to loot becomes meaningful again. I always felt that the combat would be fine on a controller. It is a shame I am done with that game because I bet it will end up pretty good.

You should check out the latest patch... AH is no longer "required" (never was but people liked to say so.)

I lost motivation to play after I beat the game on Inferno. I will probably check back in when there is an expansion though. There are a lot of things I really like about Diablo 3. Made the flaws annoying like a sore tooth.

DryvBy

I saw this a mile away when I first played the beta. This game was going to come out on console. I could care less too.

Seiru

Banned

what kind of stuttering are you experiencing?

also, just curious, do you have an SSD in your computer?

the D3 game that was being developed in 2001-2002 is not he same game that was developed in 2007 or so.

Exactly why I mentioned (quite sarcastically) that there's no way Sony could've been doing dirty dirty PS4 business with Diablo 3 that early on. So those crying about how "Blizzard planned this all along blah blah" are just ridiculous.

Cipherr

Typical nerd reaction. Sorry but this is stupid and I own Diablo III on PC and am interested to play it online on PS3 or PS4 with my consoles friends.

Im not even sure there will be PC/PS4 crossplay tbh. There's some supposed console only mechanics in combat to make the game 'playable' on a pad. Not to mention the issues with player levels and economy. They may segregate the two userbases.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Im not even sure there will be PC/PS4 crossplay tbh. There's some supposed console only mechanics in combat to make the game 'playable' on a pad.
There won't be. I'm positive.

I do think it will play much better on a pad, though, or at least feel a lot better to play. I'm still pissed that they never added pad support to the PC version.

Eideka

Banned
This is ridiculous, so much salt for an awful game. Blizzard would be dumb not to release it on consoles, if there's money to be made why should hesitate ?

I don't understand the PC fans butthurt on that one.

Baki

If they did sabotage Diablo 3 because of targeting consoles, then I fear the activision merger is beginning to have its toll on blizzard. Alienating your core fanbase is never smart and is incredibly short sighted. Honestly, kottick is poisonous and needs to go.

dummydecoy

Are all Diablo games connected story-wise? I assume they are. What are the chances for a Diablo 3 triolology collection for PS4? I'd buy that
NOT IF IT COMES WITH THE ALWAYS ONLINE SHIT

This is ridiculous, so much salt for an awful game. Blizzard would be dumb not to release it on consoles, if there's money to be made why should hesitate ?

I don't understand the PC fans butthurt on that one.

I don't get it either... I owned and love Diablo 1 from day one, though honestly I never played D2... Me and my wife love playing D3 and we go back to it regularly when we have nothing better to play.

People are making some wild assumptions, the biggest is that Blizz made every bad decision with D3 because of later planned console ports which doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially since people seem to most hate the real money AH, which was a dumb idea aimed squarely at PC users :)

Terra

rFakxYo.gif

What what? Are diablo games connected story wise? Like will I need to play the first 2 Diablo games to understand the story? Or are the numbers just there like final fantasy where each game is a new story?

Lol @ that gif. Sorry. It was a little hard to understand your point.

Well. I won't say you must. There are a lot of lore surrounding Diablo, but it's not very consistent in all places. You could do some reading up on the net. But on the other hand it's pretty basic: Diablo is back. Now, kill him and get all the loot on the way.

Loved D1 and D2. Was horrified of how they managed to mess up this third installation. It is over in a day and simplified to the maximum. No more individual skills and so on. A victim of simplification.

It's the worst game I have played. Probably because there was so much expectations.

Hey I love Blizzard more than probably anyone else on this board and I was so hyped for Diablo 3 (hell look at my avatar) but the loot system was and remains broken in the game for me at high level. The fact that they can't seem to fix it and are spending time porting to a console is crazy to me. I've gone back to WoW for my Blizzard fun and can't wait for the Starcraft expansion. Diablo 3 needs to be fixed prior to going to a console. I'm hopeful that they do fix it and bring it to 360 as well. I much prefer that controller to the Dual Shock. I wouldn't touch it though if the loot is still broken.

Woorloog

Banned
Hey I love Blizzard more than probably anyone else on this board and I was so hyped for Diablo 3 (hell look at my avatar) but the loot system was and remains broken in the game for me at high level. The fact that they can't seem to fix it and are spending time porting to a console is crazy to me. I've gone back to WoW for my Blizzard fun and can't wait for the Starcraft expansion. Diablo 3 needs to be fixed prior to going to a console. I'm hopeful that they do fix it and bring it to 360 as well. I much prefer that controller to the Dual Shock. I wouldn't touch it though if the loot is still broken.

Won't happen. Not because of Blizzard but because of Microsoft, who're not too keen on opening the platform for such multiplayer titles. Happened before: CCP's Dust 514 for example.

rallaren

I think it's fantastic that they're going console (again). Warm-up for something completely new I hope - Titan and beyond.

Im sure that makes Blizzard very unhappy ;)

Top Bottom