• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Phew, time to take a break. No, not from playing the game, from adding all of GAFs Battletags. I'm on "F" x)

When I logged on this morning at 5 AM, I had a a few friend requests pending already. One of them though I couldn't accept because his friend list was already full. Two hours after the game launches, this guys friend list was full! I forget who it was, I'll have to look him up when I get home.

How many people can the friend list hold? The tag list in this thread is like nine pages long, I'm guessing they won't all fit?

I liked that part of d2 a lot. I would wake up before school and do Mephisto runs with my mf sorc

Yea, I guess we have yet to see whether or not the new way will work better, but my guess is it'll retain its fun factor because of more enemy variety. Killing bosses over and over again is fun for loot, but thats about the extent of it.

CE is at the local distribution center!

man-in-crowd-screaming.gif

mxgt

Banned
12 hours is longer than most games nowadays

then you have nightmare, hell and inferno difficulties along with multiple boss runs and multiplayer

and pvp in the future. normal is just scratching the surface.

Realyn

Some quick comments about the DH ...

First one died on lvl 17 duo to DC, second is 19 now. There is no way to use any other hatred builder than hungering arrow. You can quote me on that in 7 days. It is so easy to just shift left klick and kill stuff that's not even in your screen.
Rapid fire is a nogo for the same reason. You are moving all the time, using shift to fire short burst. No way in hell(haha ...) you can stand still on the later diff's.

If anyone is interested/can't play for himself right now I'll fire up the stream again in ~20 minuts. Take a quick shower first.

Finished Act 1 but really need to go to sleep for a while. Gonna try to get through at least act 3 later on today, but we might have to roll new characters to play with some other friends for a while later on

Been amazing so far

When I logged on this morning at 5 AM, I had a a few friend requests pending already. One of them though I couldn't accept because his friend list was already full. Two hours after the game launches, this guys friend list was full! I forget who it was, I'll have to look him up when I get home.

How many people can the friend list hold? The tag list in this thread is like nine pages long, I'm guessing they won't all fit?

this seems like a bug, I had the same problem. One of my friends who i'm sure doesn't have many people on his list added me and I couldn't accept it for the same reason. Don't know what the deal is

12 hours played? I heard 25 hours being thrown around by some blizz developers (as far as i remember). Did you make an effort to power through it or was that at a normal pace?

No its 12 hours slow. 6 hours fast (aka level 49 people beating nightmare already). Funny thing is they have to grind to 50 now before they starte hell, haha!

Kacho

Gold Member
I was stupid to play 15 minutes this morning. Now getting through the work day is going to be even harder. :(

injurai

Banned
12 hours is longer than most games nowadays

then you have nightmare, hell and inferno difficulties along with multiple boss runs and multiplayer

and pvp in the future. normal is just scratching the surface.

Exactly, I'm not too worried, plus this is Yoshi cracked out on D3 playing through as a frenzy barb. Even if he did full clear I expect to atleast extend that to 14 hours on normal.

And don't forget about replaying with all those different classes.

What I'm saying is that the official reviews are going to sound just like the user reviews due to the fact they also experienced the early connection issues. All their complaints are just going to be rehashed versions of what everyone already heard before. No point even looking forward to them,

I'm pretty sure professional reviewers have the common sense to look past minor launch issues. I mean everything was resolved after a few hours right? Don't be so pessimistic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey Foliorum Viridum, any specific reason why you PMed me this? You could've just posted this in this thread... here, I'll do it for you instead!

hdj2Z.png

Megasoum

Banned
Oh dear. Only on GAF.

The stuff I'm hearing about this game is kinda interesting... I think I'd bite for the right price.

The thing is that the "Right price" will be 60$ for a LOOONNGGGG time. They have no reason to lower the price for a couple of years at least... SC2 is still full price and D2 is still 20$+ 20$ for the expac.

rCIZZLE

So... do we lose quest progress if we leave our game and join a public game that's in a previous quest? Because I did that and that's what it looks like to me.

Someone has to know the answer to this. I don't want to replay the last few hours of quests. :\

Some quick comments about the DH ...

First one died on lvl 17 duo to DC, second is 19 now. There is no way to use any other hatred builder than hungering arrow. You can quote me on that in 7 days. It is so easy to just shift left klick and kill stuff that's not even in your screen.
Rapid fire is a nogo for the same reason. You are moving all the time, using shift to fire short burst. No way in hell(haha ...) you can stand still on the later diff's.

If anyone is interested/can't play for himself right now I'll fire up the stream again.

I watched for a bit last night as you were leveling the SC Barbarian. Stopped shortly after you encountered
the Scoundrel

My copy should be at my doorstep soon enough in a few hours though, so I'm just looking forward to that and playing it pure without having seen anymore.

coopolon

The thing is that the "Right price" will be 60$ for a LOOONNGGGG time. They have no reason to lower the price for a couple of years at least... SC2 is still full price and D2 is still 20$+ 20$ for the expac.

If you're willing to wait and hunt around there will be deals. Always retail of course, but a few places already knocked $10 off for preorders, and I imagine in the next couple of months it'll get down to $40 at a few places.

Hey Foliorum Viridum, any specific reason why you PMed me this? You could've just posted this in this thread... here, I'll do it for you instead!

hdj2Z.png

Ignore him....you were/still are excited for something. I find it great and it actually made the hype for this game even better.

Realyn

Having you and scy here, how was the audio/video quality? Once I turned the shadows completly off I had no perfomance drop whatsoever. So yeah, think I'll keep it running in the future.

edit: oh ... and what happened at the SK, pssst!

Snowman

Who's more sad? The person who gets super excited and happy about something, or the guy that feels like he has to talk shit to that person. Just sayin'.

coopolon

The downloader is basically not working. My fault for not preloading I know, I had no interest till I found out a bunch of friends are going to play as well. It has downloaded 284MB in about an hour and right now it's not downloading anything.

I know there's probably no quick fix here because it's basically a plague in the gaming world, but does anyone have some tips to combating the microstuttering?

zlatko

Banned

hdj2Z.png

I get to work and this is what I'm greeted with?

Everyone knows Yoshi is a green dinosaur, silly question.

So I did go to bed at 9:30PM, woke up at 3:30AM, and played 2 hours. I got right to the end of the skeleton king from beta and did the one extra part after that before returning to Tristram to wrap it up.

I was having one issue, and it might be my net/router. I'd click on enemies, but basically no one was moving enemy wise, and their health bars didn't drop, then a second later it'd show them all dead. So basically lag spikes. Was anyone else having this, or is it safe to assume it's on my end ?

Either way having a great time even if it is just the beta stuff all over again. :p I did get a rare on like my 5th zombie once you first leave Tristram. I was all *fist pump* fuck yeah!

injurai

Banned
Why would he get banned? For posting a PM?

They are Private Messages for a reason, I wouldn't say this is bannable but I'm not a mod...

Either way Folio was a bit out of line but that wasn't for us to see.

I hope this just all passes as I don't see any reason to fuel this beyond what we see here.

Rezbit

Yeah, pretty much getting unplayable amounts of lag. Reconnected modem, done ping tests, and getting about 2000 ping. GOOD TIMES!

Odd thing to wake up and check the thread to.

agreed! looks like people are saying great things about the game. I get my first non-beta crack tonight after work. should be fun. I'd really like to play with some gaffers down the line. so don't forget me after Normal.

Vire

12 Hours Aye? That sounds pretty good to me, especially since this game has such high replay value.

Cool stuff.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
yeah, for some reasons I remember reading about a rule that said that posting PM messages was a bannable offense. Or maybe it was like that in the past. Something about poster's privacy.

what if a poster gets insulted like this? i mean yoshi did nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom