• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
qdCBr.jpg

Dropped from act 2 -
Price check please :)

Drop rate in act 3 seems to not only been reduced but I also seem to be getting more low level (56-58) rares than 60+ now. What's the point of farming the later acts if you can just get the same garbage from the first one?

If you can farm act I quickly ... probably not much. The drop rates were released. Act III and IV will drop more than acts I and II. HOwever ... act I is so easy to farm, it still might be more cost effective from a time standpoint to run through act I three times in the same time it takes for you to run act III.

Tom Penny

Cant say im a fan of those snake looking things turing the whole area into flames then vortexing u into it jailing freezing or putting walls around u and they are fast :(

DSmalls84

Does anyone know if you can still run the Wortham quest to quickly level a new character? Didn't know if they did anything to that with the patch?

qdCBr.jpg

Dropped from act 2 -
Price check please :)
Wow. I'd put it up for big money on the RMAH if I were you. The stats could be better but that combo of DPS and LoH is fantastic.

EDIT: Actually... I'd probably try to sell it for gold so I could finally finish Inferno. :p Just guessing here but I'd say it's at least worth 10-15 million.

LordCanti

It's a two hander with 1k DPS. Doesn't that make it worth almost nothing? Yeah it has LOH, but it's attacks are very slow. Add to that low dex and throwaway other stats (unless the person is relying on his weapon for vita...) and there isn't much there.

If it was one hand, it would be worth a ton. If it's worth a ton anyway, I want to meet the poor bastard that is going into Inferno with a 2 hand LOH build.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I haven't noticed a difference in loot in Act 3. Most of it garbage, with the one decen item here and there.

But everyone now only looks on the ilvl it seems.

I have. Pre-patch, I'd hardly vendor anything because I was salvaging most of the drops for essence. Post-patch, I vendor, or leave on the ground at least half of my drops.

It's a two hander with 1k DPS. Doesn't that make it worth almost nothing? Yeah it has LOH, but it's attacks are very slow. Add to that low dex and throwaway other stats (unless the person is relying on his weapon for vita...) and there isn't much there.

If it was one hand, it would be worth a ton.
That's true... I don't ever look at 2 handed weapons so it's hard for me to get a feel for how much they're worth. I still think it should be worth quite a bit though, the LoH is great.

SUPARSTARX

Yeah it's a toss up. The damage will be low. It's just a mediocre roll IMO. Gl selling it though

Ploid 3.0

At first I didn't notice it was 2h and was about to congratulate him, but now I'll wish him luck on it being worth a lot. I have no idea if barbs use 2h.

scosher

So I've been trying out the Scoundrel with a Cold bow and a bunch of cheap blue IAS rings/amulet. Bow also has 10% IAS on it for 1.54 aps, not counting the bonus from his rings/amulet.

And after trying it out...I don't think I'll ever go back to Enchantress again. With Multi-shot the guy is a snaring machine to the point that I don't even need Blizzard anymore. I dropped it to go back to my Arcane Orb spec and not only are mobs kept snared by the Scoundrel, but I end up doing more DPS with orbs. Going to miss the armor buff and knockback the most, but I'd highly recommend Scoundrel with a cold bow to anyone who's yet to try it. I need to get him more Vit though as he only has 25k health.

LordCanti

This game runs better, and worse at the same time for me post-patch. It's better moment to moment, with a higher framerate but every now and then it will kind of micro-stutter and/or freeze for half a second or so. It's extremely annoying, and I'm not sure if it's latency (green bar at all times) or the game.

Now I know what it feels to miss a zero on a bid and only noticing when you get the gold >.<

I nearly did that with 5m worth of gems. I thought I had selected 1 gem to put up, but I had selected 10. When I saw that my 10 gems were gone, I went "Oh fuck" and quickly managed to cancel the auction before the system could register that gems at like 90% off the going rate had just gone up.

I shat bricks for the 1.1 seconds it was active.

Is this enough to start Inferno Act 1?

(Image is a link to bigger version)

Unless things are different for a wizard than a DH, that DPS is really low. I've got more DPS in my MF set, and champs are impossible in it.

At first I didn't notice it was 2h and was about to congratulate him, but now I'll wish him luck on it being worth a lot. I have no idea if barbs use 2h.

Even if they did, there are 1500+ DPS 2 handers. 1k is very very low for a 2 hander. I remember getting a 1200 DPS lance with a lot of dex and everything else, and being crushed that it was only worth like 100k (this was like one or two weeks after launch).

So I've been trying out the Scoundrel with a Cold bow and a bunch of cheap blue IAS rings/amulet. Bow also has 10% IAS on it for 1.54 aps, not counting the bonus from his rings/amulet.

And after trying it out...I don't think I'll ever go back to Enchantress again. With Multi-shot the guy is a snaring machine to the point that I don't even need Blizzard anymore. I dropped it to go back to my Arcane Orb spec and not only are mobs kept snared by the Scoundrel, but I end up doing more DPS with orbs. Going to miss the armor buff and knockback the most, but I'd highly recommend Scoundrel with a cold bow to anyone who's yet to try it. I need to get him more Vit though as he only has 25k health.

Scoundrel with a cold bow and multi-shot is amazing. I saw someone suggest it the other day and I remembered to try it out last night. It really helps a lot. Unfortunately, I was only able to find a crossbow for cheap, but I'll have to look for a bow for the faster attack speed.

Mr Swine

Banned
Wee 100k gold in repair cost in the first area of act II despite me getting new rings and two new one hand weapons. Act 1 is so easy with them and bam act II is hard as hell :( (playing inferno)

Neki

I've been recommending this set-up to all Wizards and Demon Hunters.

Get a cold bow with IAS, get rings with IAS, amulet with IAS and run multi-shot. For a demon hunter, it means constant cull the weak damage. You can also get knockback/stun on the bow for even more lolz.

LowParry

I'm at a loss of what to do with my WD. Also I'm having difficult times just selling what I consider to be easy items. Maybe it's just one of them days.

LordCanti

I'm at a loss of what to do with my WD. Also I'm having difficult times just selling what I consider to be easy items. Maybe it's just one of them days.

I've had items I know should easily sell for X not sell for X for multiple days, until finally selling for X. It's luck. You've got to figure that only a few percent of Diablo 3 players worldwide are to Inferno, and out of that pool, an even smaller percent are actually willing to spend real money in the RMAH.

Just keep listing, and listing, and listing. The only thing that is going to tank item values at this point (unless there is another nerf) is Blizzard turning on gold selling.

Ploid 3.0

If you take a break from WD, might I suggest Wizard? My wd and wiz pretty much shared the same gear. They are like brothers.

Zeliard

Sarkoth is what you farm if you want to pay almost zero attention to your game while still bringing in some gold. I can farm Sarkoth with one hand (barely looking at it except to see if the door is open, and then to take him down/collect loot if it is), while surfing the web, while listening to a podcast, while eating a sammich.

There are far better gold spots out there if you're going to pay attention.

Also if you don't want to pay any attention and especially if you're hanging around in early Inferno, Act 3 Hell going backwards from Siegebreaker is a good farming area. There are a bunch of Elites so you can quickly get 5 Neph Valor stacks, and it can potentially net you decent loot now since level 61/62 drops have a chance to drop there and you get guaranteed rares from Elites with 5 stacks.

Won

I have. Pre-patch, I'd hardly vendor anything because I was salvaging most of the drops for essence. Post-patch, I vendor, or leave on the ground at least half of my drops.

I just don't know....

Just logged in doing some Act 3. Picked up all blues and yellows. Got 8 ilvl 61 items, 1 ilvl 62 item, 1 ilvl 59 item and 1 ilvl 57 so far.

V_Arnold

Really nice post on the Official forums based on someone's opinion of the patch, farming act3-4 pre and post patch and drop rates. I agree with the OP on many points.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5890100318

I have been reading this very thread just today as well, and have been thinking about it a lot.

Here is my take.
First of all, it is perfectly within Blizzard's power to do it. Whether people like that or not is a different matter altogether.

However, the only group that should "feel" cheated is the same group who, thanks to the early exploits or early lucky drops (yes, that is a big part of it, like it or not), were able to get slightly ahead of the curve.

If, and this is a big IF, Blizzard just left everything untouched and just nerfed Inferno damage levels all over the board, that would not have changed the power game. Meaning that those who farmed Act3-4 for whatever reason (and yes, that includes people who just exploited goblins and chest positions and spawns) and already got a good enough gear thanks to that methods (i.e. avoiding fights at any costs because they did not have the gear to fight the mobs there), could continue to gain insane amounts of wealth and stay ahead of the curve for long enough time to mass large amounts of sum by the time the majority of the dedicated players get to farm Act3, for example.

Is that good? I do not believe that goblin farmers and botters should lead the Diablo 3's market forever just because things got unchanged. So yes, while it is sad that barrels do not drop legendaries anymore, it is no more sad that there are people out there who got where they are right now due to barrel kills. In a game that is about killing mobs. :p

I've been recommending this set-up to all Wizards and Demon Hunters.

Get a cold bow with IAS, get rings with IAS, amulet with IAS and run multi-shot. For a demon hunter, it means constant cull the weak damage. You can also get knockback/stun on the bow for even more lolz.

can scoundrel use 1 hand crossbows?

My word is far from gospel but I think that your hopes are pretty high with this one. I will say that I don't have a concept of how much value is placed on LpSS, but the relatively low DPS and the fact that it's fist-type makes it a hard sell as far as I'm concerned even at 10 million, let alone 35.

Did some research on AH before hitting send and that is a great LpSS but the weapon was close to some I was seeing at about 2 mil.

I had one guy i know offer to trade me his 920 dps fist with crit dmg and 14 lpss for it. I think the lpss is actually massive, and i think (but am not 100% sure) that this weapon has a perfect, or very near perfect roll on it. I let my friend try it on, and he said that with an 80% crit gem he actually didnt even lose any dps over his 920 dpser

I havent put it up for sale anywhere yet, but i may put it on d2jsp with a reserve of 20m and No buyout see what happens.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah that's still worth a pretty penny. Plus barbs hate those arcane sentries.

if it had rolled sockets? Damn dude..even the regen is good o_O

With those stats, it doesnt even need sockets. Thats still worth a ton of money. I like to think of regen as a "better" form of LoH. At 1.7 aps 393 regen is 231 LoH.

That chest is still worth a ton imo

Anyone interested in either of these?? The stats on the Gloves I think are nice but can't seem to sell on RMAH so I'm offering for cheap to you if you guys want them.? Gloves would be nice for a DH or Monk i'm guessing... I used the shield myself on my wizard for a good bit..
401961_10102280985718154_579332346_n.jpg

303644_10102279870897264_1726493233_n.jpg

My Gamertag is Johnny2bags#1399 and i'll take any serious offers not looking to make much in gold ... PM me please

Shield is Lidless Wall no idea why i cropped it lol

AEREC

Ive been away from Diablo 3 since the RMAH launched...has it changed the gold auction house drastically since the it released?

Neki

Someone asked me to post my equipment. I get high dps without SS because I stack crit/critical hit damage. I use to attack IAS before the nerf, which allowed me to get 90k+. Some of the equipment I have was very expensive to buy too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom