• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

Ran into a couple packs (1 champ 1 elite) with hidden properties last night on my WD. Must be blizz trying to streamline the UI and giving us fewer details to bother our gameplay. :lol

untitled9q6iu.png

This one turned out to be Fire Chains/Vortex/Jailer and something I couldn't tell visually.

Revoh

It's a real shame that act3 loot sucks now, my friends and I had so much fun before this patch, it was harder, more rewarding, and FUN.
Now the loot is crap, it's harder (for them, my tank barb rules :p), and you lose gold every run because of the repair costs. In fact, 2 of them stopped playing after 1.0.3 :/
If you guys farmed act 3 before the patch you know they nerfed the fuck out of it

Radec

Finally took Belial down after 3 tries.

I'm loving this defensive Wiz. Gonna make All Resist to atleast 1k while keeping 1.5k hp/sec regen.

scy

That is messed up because the drop rates should be higher per Blizzard. All around nerfs then?

Presumably, they wanted the same amount of ilvl 63 loot in circulation from pre-patch and post-patch.

That said, Act 3 is easier than before and the loot doesn't seem "significantly nerfed" but anecdotal evidence and small sample sizes :/

Bog

Junior Ace
Found a level 63 helm last night with seemingly decent properties...

490ish Armor (low :()
72 All Resist
100 dex
89 str
Socketed
And then something dumb like life regen.

Couldn't find anything like it to know what it's worth.

Takuan

72 All Resist
100 dex
89 str
Socketed

Seems decent enough to be worth at least $50.

DSmalls84

Presumably, they wanted the same amount of ilvl 63 loot in circulation from pre-patch and post-patch.

That said, Act 3 is easier than before and the loot doesn't seem "significantly nerfed" but anecdotal evidence and small sample sizes :/

I know the loot table was posted, but do you guys farming Act 3 think it is significantly better than Act 1? I kind of prefer Act 1 because I am super familiar with the layouts and never die.

So I found a Tal Rasha Guardian set Chest piece last night... i hear its the worst set piece out there...

How much can i sell it for on the gold AH? (fuck the RMAH)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

72 All Resist
100 dex
89 str
Socketed

Should be worth a good amount. When searching, use these 3:

Select Monk for the class, select helm.

70 All Resist
100 Dex
Has Socket

And see if anything comes up. If not, roll back the all resist by increments of 5 till slimier items show up.

scy

72 All Resist
100 dex
89 str
Socketed

Life Regen is pretty much the best "off" stat to have on a slot :/

I know the loot table was posted, but do you guys farming Act 3 think it is significantly better than Act 1? I kind of prefer Act 1 because I am super familiar with the layouts and never die.

For the most part, not really. Act 1 flows a lot better, personally, and the clearing speed is just that much faster. Maybe when I get some better gear things will change, though; I mean, Act 3 is rather packed in certain areas so the amount of champs/elites you kill vs travel time is pretty good.

heh, sold a shitty warmonger for £8.99. To be fair though it's an insanely cool looking sword for the collectors out there, and it had "decent" damage....as far legendaries go.

LordCanti

Ran into a couple packs (1 champ 1 elite) with hidden properties last night on my WD. Must be blizz trying to streamline the UI and giving us fewer details to bother our gameplay. :lol

This one turned out to be Fire Chains/Vortex/Jailer and something I couldn't tell visually.

I got that same champ pack. There's an explanation for it, I just can't remember what it was. Maybe the purple that used to spawn there was bugged, so they swapped it, or something?

how's my avatar

figured i should update it based on how disappointed i am in this game

Text is too small for me to read on my 46" monitor.

sazzy

how's my avatar

edit- fixed text size lol

inky

72 All Resist
100 dex
89 str
Socketed

Couldn't find anything like it to know what it's worth

Wut?

*Searches All resist 70, 85 STR, + Socket* found 2 pages of results with comparable stats and active bids.

*Searches All resist 70, 100 Dex, + Socket* found one page of results with comparable stats and active bids.

Gonna let you in a little secret: As a barb looking for STR I would take 'dumb' Life Regen over Dexterity any day (unless it's only double digits). While dodge % is not bad, it doesn't proc revenge, which I value more than dodge as a tank. Life Regen stack is also very underrated. As a Monk, STR is not what I am looking for, but triple digits Dex is and Life Regen is a nice bonus.

I know the AH interface is a chore to browse through, but some people don't even put the 5 minutes it takes to look for stuff.

Just now passed the mark with RMAH sales where I have paid for my game. Feels good man.

I've passed the mark 3 times now =D, It feels good alright. Although ~$50 of those are on useless Blizzbucks. I guess I need to pay more attention where I put my items on from now on.

scy

As a Monk, STR is not what I am looking for, but Dex is and Life Regen is a bonus.

+Armor!

:/

I know the AH interface is a chore to browse through, but some people don't even put the 5 minutes it takes to look for stuff.

I always assumed most people doing price checks for people were just getting ideas for the prices by ... well, doing a quick AH search. Lowball some parameters, search and then look for things with active bids.

DSmalls84

Wut?

*Searches All resist 70, 85 STR, + Socket* found 2 pages of results with comparable stats and active bids.

*Searches All resist 70, 100 Dex, + Socket* found one page of results with comparable stats and active bids.

Gonna let you in a little secret: As a barb looking for STR I would take 'dumb' Life Regen over Dexterity any day (unless it's only double digits). While dodge % is not bad, it doesn't proc revenge, which I value more than dodge as a tank. Life Regen stack is also very underrated. As a Monk, STR is not what I am looking for, but triple digits Dex is and Life Regen is a nice bonus.

Love me some Life regen on Gear. Icing on the cake when I can find Str,Vit,AR, and Life regen on a piece.

TommyT

Wait what? I don't check forums or really hear about anything unless it's on whatever stream I'm listening to while playing (see: after work)... so has anything been confirmed about loot differences or, from what you seem to be saying, is there less quality loot from A3+ now being reported anecdotally?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Love me some Life regen on Gear. Icing on the cake when I can find Str,Vit,AR, and Life regen on a piece.

Life Regen and Life on Hit for everything I can find, even for my DH. It makes all the difference in the world. Makes me laugh my ass off when I can tank a Champion and Monks and Barbs are running in circles trying to avoid it.

kpeezy

Banned

Cydea seems a lot harder post patch. I didn't even notice the mob damage nerf, I still take 2 hits.

It sucks though, they basically evened the playing field so that I don't have a loot advantage over my scrubby friends.

scy

Wait what? I don't check forums or really hear about anything unless it's on whatever stream I'm listening to while playing (see: after work)... so has anything been confirmed about loot differences or, from what you seem to be saying, is there less quality loot from A3+ now being reported anecdotally?

Absolutely nothing has been confirmed. Just "I remember this being better before!" talk, really. But, it wouldn't surprise me if it was lowered just to keep the total amount of ilvl 63 loot in check. But it wouldn't be significant drops, just things like "10% is now 8%" sort of things.

Life Regen and Life on Hit for everything I can find, even for my DH. It makes all the difference in the world. Makes me laugh my ass off when I can tank a Champion and Monks and Barbs are running in circles trying to avoid it.

Soon, Life Regen will spike in price! Soon!

Uncle AJ

This just dropped from the champ pack immediately before Azmodan.

zjO42.jpg

There's nothing even close to this LpSS on the AH with this damage that I can find. Factor in the DEX and socket and I really have no idea what this is worth. Looking at the AH I feel like it's somewhere between 10 million and 35 million.

It doesn't help that the LpSS Min Value field appears to be broken. No value that you type there has an effect on the filtered search results

I would actually bite on this if I had the funds. Transcendence caps out at 62 LpSS when you're level 60, so equipping this would completely negate the need for that passive skill and allow you (me, anyway) to use a different passive. Or stack them both together.

MedIC86

Can anyone explain me this:

I bought a new bow wich had obviously more dps then my old one.
When i compared it says -5k dps..
When i equipped it i got 20K+ dps....

am i missing something?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

am i missing something?

Are you using Sharp Shooter, ie; is the Crit chance affecting your damage score?

LordCanti

am i missing something?

Was Sharpshooter building % chance to crit? That ups DPS.

Edit: Beaten.

scy

Well sure, but we can't have it all (for cheap) can we...

I just meant +STR is +Armor :x

STR and INT aren't that bad as off-attribute bonuses, though. I mean, you're so much better off with any other decent stat there (Life Regen!) but, hey, at least these directly boost your mitigation.

Ploid 3.0

how's my avatar

Before Diablo 3 came out people wondered if the other Diablo like games should pack it up, but now, to me, Diablo 3 is just a opening stage act for the others to impress me. This was my first Diablo, I had high expectations because of how people talk about Diablo 2, but I've had better. Also it was surprisingly short, I should have really bought Titan Quest again while I waited on D3. Now I might as well wait on these other game since they are so close to release.

The other games coming out all seem pretty interesting. At the least, I know I'll like Borderlands 2. I'm not expecting much from Torchlight 2, the controls feel weird in TL1 it's $20 though, less than a diablo 3 item (ha). I liked Path of Exile a lot, but the buy/sell system was weird. You mainly trade craft items and stuff, I miss that beta. Then there's Guild Wars, another game I never played. It sounds interesting and it will scratch that mmorpg itch I had since I will never pay to play those again, and I don't want to play one that require a group to do anything interesting (takes too much time and effort. Looking for party for hours.).

inky

@ scy

Oh I didn't know that was the case for monks, been a while since I played mine. INT adds to your resists as Barb as well, so something with 100+ INT is always welcome if you are giving up resists for something else, and people usually think of INT in terms of casters, so when they see INT + STR they throw it off as not worth it, but it is valuable, as an off stat or last resort anyway. Better than health globe + or shit like that for sure.

TommyT

am i missing something?

Are you using Sharp Shooter, ie; is the Crit chance affecting your damage score?

Was Sharpshooter building % chance to crit? That ups DPS.

Edit: Beaten.

I don't know if that's it as well... It might be taking into consideration when you equip that two-handed weapon it needs to remove your offhand (which for DH isn't the case). Try taking your quiver off then comparing the weapons.

I had something similar happen with my new bow. Stats were quite a bit different but still, might be the case.

scy

@ scy

Oh I didn't know that was the case for monks, been a while since I played mine. INT adds to your resists as Barb as well, so something with 100+ INT is always welcome if you are giving up resists for something else, and people usually think of INT in terms of casters, so when they see INT + STR they throw it off as not worth it, but it is valuable, as an off stat or last resort anyway. Better than health globe + or shit like that for sure.

+1 STR is +1 Armor for everyone; likewise, +1 INT is +0.1 Resist for everyone. DEX is a little more complicated but it's +Dodge for everyone. STR/INT are just nice to have on some items just because they tend to get priced cheaper due to it. +100 INT isn't a huge waste for a Barb since it's still +10 All Resists (likewise for +100 STR as +100 Armor for a Wizard/WD).

Nothing to really look for purposefully, I suppose, but it's something to keep in mind when AHing and you see that kind of cheap STR/INT item or something. And hey, better than Health Globe or low amounts of Thorns!

Yep. Lot of their attacks are just plain useless too. Hungering arrow is far superior to any of the hatred generators. Most of the passives are lackluster, and the good ones are just damage boosts, except for tactical advantage. Not a single defensive skill outside of shadow power with gloom runed, and it pretty much functions exactly like smoke screen.

You can see they *tried* to do some kinda synergy. Like impale with the 100% more damage on crit rune, or the passive to do more damage on slowed. But they're still pretty boring, and not even that effective.

But ya, my biggest complain is they only have 2 types of ways to play. Either smoke screen, or gloom. And like I said both function the same way, so might as well just have one of the damn things.

I can see DHs getting a pretty major rework come expansion. We'll probably see some good smaller changes between now and then, but they can't rock the boat too much until an expansion.

inky

+1 STR is +1 Armor for everyone; likewise, +1 INT is +0.1 Resist for everyone. DEX is a little more complicated but it's +Dodge for everyone.

Well, shows what I know then lol. Guess I've spent just too much time worrying about my barb without thinking basic stuff like this would also affect all characters the same way. Thanks.

Lexxon

We had two packs just like that a couple nights ago. Same mobs and everything. Probably something bugged with them. I thought maybe there was a new affix they added that hides the affixes, or something dirty like that....

forrest

formerly nacire
For the uninitiated

Hesitant Dancing Cain

cainidunnoi7a1r.gif

Everyday he's shufflin!!!

Had this happen to me as well.

So oddly enough in my legendary loot world, I've had some interesting luck in terms of item sets. I had Inna's belt drop off of Siege Breaker like a week ago, then the night of the patch I got Inna's pant and low and behold last night Inna's helm. All of these rolls were awesome, high dex, vitality, etc. Sold the belt for 250.00 on the RMAH, but accidentally marked Battle.net instead of paypal. >_< I wish I could get some Demon Hunter set pieces to drop. I did get a Hellrack to drop on Act 1 inferno yesterday before moving to Act 3 and getting the monk helm. Unfortunately it's in the 763 dps range and not worth very much despite looking pretty cool.

For those of you talking loot percentages, I farmed Act 3 inferno religiously before the patch and I too feel like things have been altered to a lower percentage. Of course we have no hard data, but as most of the people who were farming it pre-patch will tell you, it definitely feels lower.

Bog

Junior Ace
Wut?

I've passed the mark 3 times now =D, It feels good alright. Although ~$50 of those are on useless Blizzbucks. I guess I need to pay more attention where I put my items on from now on.

To be fair, I was looking for the 3 main stats together, which I didn't find on the rmah at least. Yes I could've probably found ones that didn't have dex or didn't have strength

Sarcasm

SO I just unlocked Inferno...and its wiping me on the floor...what do I farm? I figured Hell Act IV (or we) start at heaven and complete diablo...

Any recommendations?

Duesy

Drop rate in act 3 seems to not only been reduced but I also seem to be getting more low level (56-58) rares than 60+ now. What's the point of farming the later acts if you can just get the same garbage from the first one?

Nafai1123

Banned
Finally got my first really good loot!

ilvl 63 Chest Armor
Armor 706
Dex 73
Vit 176
Fire Res 55
Regen 558hps
1 slot

I threw it up on the AH. Hopefully if it sells I'll be able to gear up for Act 2/3

jkanownik

SO I just unlocked Inferno...and its wiping me on the floor...what do I farm? I figured Hell Act IV (or we) start at heaven and complete diablo...

Any recommendations?

Sacrifice other stats to increase your DPS and learn which packs to avoid. I was in the same boat yesterday. I dumped my awesome 550 dps rare axe for a 820 dps magic one. That helped a lot. I still get crushed by some combinations, but I was able to get a five stack going in the cathedral and it felt real good.

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone else noticed winged molocks dissapearing in the bridge of korsikk region? this is a huge bug as these guys can one shit me.

I've been having issues with invisible molocks with they flock in on top of you in the fields for some time now. After the patch I had the exact same issue that your talking about though. I had one molock in Stonefort that couldn't be seen at all on one of the top platform areas unless he was firing a fireball. He would blink in, shoot, then blink out. Had to kite his invisible ass down the stairs before he quit bugging out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom