• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend in our firm's HR department who was curious about whether all the income one makes in this game is taxable. surely all those paypal transactions will raise a warning at the IRS?

Cagey

Banned
I have a friend in our firm's HR department who was curious about whether all the income one makes in this game is taxable. surely all those paypal transactions will raise a warning at the IRS?

I've been telling a friend, playing D3 all day right now, who will start law school in the fall that Diablo III RMAH should wind up being a research project of his.

Any Barbs been using the Survivability spreadsheet?

I'm interested in comparing stats. It's easy to talk about what you see in your details screen, but that's not really the whole picture.

I've circled the important numbers, everything else is mostly kind of irrelevant.

xm5ks.jpg

Interested in seeing what kind of stats other Act 3 tank barbs are going around with. It's really hard to find upgrades anymore, seems like I'm looking at a minimum of 6-8m per slot to upgrade anything now.

Note that the cells shaded in light blue are BEFORE all buffs except Enchantress. But again, the only numbers that are important are really the ones I've circled.

Anyway, if anyone feels like downloading the spreadsheet and punching in your own numbers, post back the results for comparison.

I just downloaded this, I don't have anything to compare since I'm not in act III yet, but I'm having trouble getting it to recognize a change in my defense if I have Nerves of Steel or not. Have you had this problem or something similar?

lol51

It is income and paypal will probably put a hold after a certain threshold until you confirm your personal information... including SSN & bank info.

I just downloaded this, I don't have anything to compare since I'm not in act III yet, but I'm having trouble getting it to recognize a change in my defense if I have Nerves of Steel or not. Have you had this problem or something similar?

I thought that too. The reason is that it doesnt matter, in another cell you're entering your armor value which already is increased by NoS.

I have spent 200 hours in this game.

I know some people are starting to hate it. Inferno can be a monstrous castrating bitch but I still can't stop playing the game. I realised that even when I will get sick of Diablo 3 one day, I'll still look at it fondly.

I only started to hate parts of the game in Inferno, a difficulty that was made for the hardcore of hardcore fans, who asked Blizzard for this. Blizzard obliged.

So yeah, they might have fucked up with the pacing in the New Game+++ but the first 3 difficulties felt sublime. Pretty much my GOTY at this point.

LegoDad

Any Barbs been using the Survivability spreadsheet?

I'm interested in comparing stats. It's easy to talk about what you see in your details screen, but that's not really the whole picture.

I've circled the important numbers, everything else is mostly kind of irrelevant.

Interested in seeing what kind of stats other Act 3 tank barbs are going around with. It's really hard to find upgrades anymore, seems like I'm looking at a minimum of 6-8m per slot to upgrade anything now.

Note that the cells shaded in light blue are BEFORE all buffs except Enchantress. But again, the only numbers that are important are really the ones I've circled.

Anyway, if anyone feels like downloading the spreadsheet and punching in your own numbers, post back the results for comparison.

Here are mine.. Good Str and Vit pieces together are expensive. I already know my weak point is my DPS.. Well that and money to buy better Armor pieces.. I've sorta moved on to Hardcore, and playing as Monk. Can't find anyone to farm Act 3 with..

Dahbomb

Yeah I started a new Monk today to take a break from Inferno and now the game is super fun again. It also helps that I have a boat load of cash, gems, upgraded BS/jeweler with the new character so I only have to worry about upgrading my gear. Feels good man and making money on the side is a nice perk too. I think I will do this until 1.03 and then try Inferno Act 3 after it (done with Act 2 Inferno).

So I tested it just to make sure, and Scatter is by far the best Spike Trap rune. It either needs to be nerfed, or all the others versions need to be brought up in power.

You get all 3 traps for 30 hatred, so if you can get mobs to hit at least two of them (which is likely), it's more than paid for itself. Setting them one at a time with other runes costs 3 hatred per trap, which is no problem if you have time undisturbed to set them up (unlikely in Inferno) and regen the hatred. Any other situation, Scatter is going to be a much better bang for your Hatred. Especially in enclosed hallways or other spaces where they'll overlap and you can kite a mob into all 3 at once.

Especially when you take into account that you could have 3 secondary attacks for the price of one non-scatter spike trap, that's 450%+ weapon damage there (150%+ at 10 hatred each) compared to 275% (though it is an 8 yard AoE, there are various secondary skill runes that have AoE effects which can easily be more powerful.)

bonesquad

got a ticket responded from blizzard finally less then a hour ago, stated that the authenticator is know gone off my account....Only problem is that the authenticator is still active on my account.

This is officially one of the worst customer support departments in the world. If the authenticator is still there tomorrow i'm going to request my money back for this game. lol

Wait. You're trying to take the authenticator OFF your account? Why?! ...The thread title changes and a day later people are already making the number one mistake...

RDreamer

Why doesn't Vote Kick work at all? We're on a butcher run and there's a guy that literally hasn't been there the entire time and we've all tried to kick him, and he's still there. What gives?

Narag

Wait. You're trying to take the authenticator OFF your account? Why?! ...The thread title changes and a day later people are already making the number one mistake...

I think his phone died and he's trying to remove the old authenticator to presumably add a new one. I hope so at least.

Tom Penny

Interesting thing for Monks. Not sure if it will work in act 2 because I need much more resist gear but I went from a Life on hit weapon strategy to life on spirit spent on my Helm, and weapon for over 100+ life on spirit using trancendence and I breeze through Butcher runs. It's also cost nothing for those types of items vs Life on hit. 800 dps weapon and helm for under 70,000 vs who knows how much for an 800 dps weapon and even 400 life on hit. Just spam certain abilities and you constantly regen. Then you have serenity and breathe of life with the one that makes eniemes run away and you control mobs easy.

How important are companions on Inferno? My monk is nearing 60 and I'm around the midpoint of Hell. I've soloed much of it without any issues but I've been told that on Inferno, every bit of DPS, armor and etc. helps. Should I be saving some companion specific items?

Man I swear sometimes this game is trying to piss you off. I just did two straight azmo runs with 200mf gear on, and NONE of the elites ever dropped a rare.

I'm salty. :/

I_D

Sniped this for 80k on reg AH:

MV6p7.png

Time to flip to RMAH!

Just in case you didn't know, Azurewrath is a pretty insane weapon in D2. You should really jack the price up on that, cause people will buy it just for the name.

Is it a level 60 item?

ch0mp

How important are companions on Inferno? My monk is nearing 60 and I'm around the midpoint of Hell. I've soloed much of it without any issues but I've been told that on Inferno, every bit of DPS, armor and etc. helps. Should I be saving some companion specific items?
As a barb with 10k dps, the 2-4k I can get from an enchantress is very significant, and that's not counting the attack speed and armour buff.

My friend who i've been farming with for a few days found a Lidless Wall in whimsyshire just now. Don't know if its any good, didnt screenshot it either. Dropped off one of the regular white bears or something apparently, but he didn't see it drop. Dude almost missed picking it up and randomly waved the cursor over it after we were going back through the area to see if we missed any clouds. Makes me wonder if i've ever missed something like that before. Probably going to be paranoid about that from now on

It seems that some of you guys are already in the process of making the game free for yourselves ( as in, if you make 60$ worth with your RMAH sells, you're in the clear ). Good for you! My luck still eludes me and I haven't found anything that would be worth 1mil in-game gold, let alone real money.

With that said, I'm still completely hooked, having spent about 130 hours playing this game ( on various characters ). I still love Monk the best, but damn if Demon Hunter isn't an enjoyable class as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom