• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

That's a pretty good 2 hander, and with the nerf to attack speed incoming 2 handers are probably going to go up in price.

Plus seismic slam is a very underrated ability that has no place in current cookie cutter defensive builds, but could see some use in the future, especially so for 2H barbs. (if you want to sell it later on).

Man, all my worthless legendaries are going in the RMAH for 5-7 when they won't even go for 200k in the GAH. Feels good. I'm even thinking of turning those small selling items into blizz bucks instead of paypal monies to buy stuff from there. What have you done to me Blizzard?!

Zuly

My first. :I

iqc0Nzt7vcD9U.png

Kyuur

Just finished Hell, ready to head into Inferno. Playing a Wizard, my stats (with Magic Weapon, Energy Armor, etc) are 14k DPS, 26k HP, 650+ Resists. Should I be fine for a while?

Svafnir

Saw earlier that some streamer made $250 off an item he bought for 500k gold. Pretty nice ROI there.

I bought a stormshield for 75k yesterday on the ah, and got $160 for it on the rmah ^.^ I feel kinda bad though, there is no way that person ment to sell it for 75k.... or maybe he just felt like being nice? Either way if I didnt buy it, someone else would have a second later.

ShaneB

I feel left out only getting 2 legendaries in my D3 career :(

I have no legendaries, and horrible drops in general. Checking this thread is getting depressing, and it feels odd when I think about what enjoyment I'm getting out of D3. Am I playing it because it's fun, or am I just hoping for a neat drop to sell on the rmah? Bleh.

suko_32

Just in case you didn't know, Azurewrath is a pretty insane weapon in D2. You should really jack the price up on that, cause people will buy it just for the name.

Is it a level 60 item?

Yeah, I've heard the name thrown around back then. I have the other Diablo games, but never played them too much for some reason even though I loved them.

It is a level 60 item. Already sold it for $15 on RMAH, but perhaps I should of asked for more!

This will help you through Inferno act 1. Enjoy.

I'm actually on on Inferno Act 4 @_@

Zeliard

I bought a stormshield for 75k yesterday on the ah, and got $160 for it on the rmah ^.^ I feel kinda bad though, there is no way that person ment to sell it for 75k.... or maybe he just felt like being nice? Either way if I didnt buy it, someone else would have a second later.

Haha nice.

Insaniac

found this today

Xi2qB.jpg

this amulet is perfect for my crit build wizard but I was curious as to how valuable it is. also LoH doesn't work with wizard does it?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
How are your wizards getting 30k+ dps?

I'm at 17k dps, with:
7.5k armor (buffed)
500 resist all (buffed)
34k life
11% block chance
~20% dodge chance
~1700 INT

I probably have a net of 50%+ attack speed

LiK

I'm at 17k dps, with:
7.5k armor (buffed)
500 resist all (buffed)
34k life
11% block chance
~20% dodge chance
~1700 INT

What's your weapon's DPS? You use Magic Weapon/Force weapon right?

Vodh

I'm at 17k dps, with:
7.5k armor (buffed)
500 resist all (buffed)
34k life
11% block chance
~20% dodge chance
~1700 INT

Block chance? as in, you're walking around with a shield and 500 resists as a wizard and wondering why your dps is low?

Radec

I'm at 17k dps, with:
7.5k armor (buffed)
500 resist all (buffed)
34k life
11% block chance
~20% dodge chance
~1700 INT

Unless you're an attack speed caster or rich, buy a 2h with 1k+ damage with int.

Then buy armors with 150+ int stat, pump socketed armors with int gems.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Block chance? as in, you're walking around with a shield and 500 resists as a wizard and wondering why your dps is low?

I switched from a moderate source to a shield with 150 INT, nearly 100 VIT, +12% attack speed. Took a 1500 dps drop, but I gained 4% damage reduction.

I'm not always going to use the shield, but I was looking at offhand sources, and I wasn't impressed in the 1M area.

My weapon is 550 dps with +15% attack speed, 200INT, nearly 100 VIT.

I also have a 1-h axe at 850 dps with +17% attack speed and 100 INT that's nearly 3k more dps. But the dagger has +15 max arcane power and +10 arcane power on critical hit.

Even with the axe and the source, I'm only at 18-19k damage, but down lots of armor, resist, block, life, etc.

Sources and wands seem really expensive...what am I doing wrong? What build gets 30-40k dps? Some crazy 1.2k dps wand people got replentishment chest farming before nerfs? Is the answer I need to wait until 1.03?

Unless you're an attack speed caster or rich, buy a 2h with 1k+ damage with int.

Then buy armors with 150+ int stat, pump socketed armors with int gems.

I have been overlooking these. Maybe this is my problem.

LiK

I switched from a moderate source to a shield with 150 INT, nearly 100 VIT, +12% attack speed. Took a 1500 dps drop, but I gained 4% damage reduction.

I'm not always going to use the shield, but I was looking at offhand sources, and I wasn't impressed in the 1M area.

I also have a 1-h axe at 850 dps with +17% attack speed and 100 INT that's nearly 3k more dps. But the dagger has +15 max arcane power and +10 arcane power on critical hit.

Even with the axe and the source, I'm only at 18-19k damage, but down lots of armor, resist, block, life, etc.

Sources and wands seem really expensive...what am I doing wrong? What build gets 30-40k dps? Some crazy 1.2k dps wand people got replentishment chest farming before nerfs? Is the answer I need to wait until 1.03?

I have been overlooking these. Maybe this is my problem.

Get a 2-hander with 1k+ DPS and you're good to go. Just get an axe or pole arm

Radec

This is your problem.

Stop pumping IAS IMO. You'll be running most of the time in Inferno than standing and casting spells anyway.

I'm @ 45k dps right now (Glass Canon, Magic Weapon, Enchantress) and even that is pretty low for a Wiz. Items now are expensive in AH so I can't really im improve it easily.

Shouta

Q1irU.jpg
gzyku.png

My DH is now 60. Rather than get a ton of new gear right away, I'm using my Monk's gear until I have the cash or find the drops to slowly replace it the way I want. I got a 1177 DPS bow from Act 3 on my Monk so I just used that and bought a random Quiver to use.

I'm using this build currently.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRdkVg!eTa!cabccY

SP Gloom and the Guardian Turret allow me to just sit there against early elites as long as I've managed my Disc nicely so. Gonna rework how I play and my skills though, probably. But as for right now, most everything dies quickly so no big need to adjust yet.

Vodh

Put up all my PoS equip for act1 inferno monk for 100 quid a piece. Come on people, it's a bargain! Make me rich! (yeah, they are nowhere near reasonable prices, but I figure i'd be a fool not to try to earn some easy money off of the initial madness. Will keep you posted.)

Shouta

I'm not too fond of Nether Tentacles myself. The AOE ability of it is kinda meh even if the life leech is nice.

Ferrio

Banned
Which one should I use? Thanks in advance!
WSYbz.jpg

Darkness if you use hungering. Otherwise... it's almost a tie and comes down to how much critical damage % you have/plan to have. Personally I'd take right (all hunters use hungering usually), and I stack crit damage.

I'm not too fond of Nether Tentacles myself. The AOE ability of it is kinda meh even if the life leech is nice.

Life leech isn't why you use it. Besides, it just takes a bit more patience to use, you get used to it. Better take advantage of it before it's nerfed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Explain why it's better than Ball Lightning.
Radius is bigger and I don't need shitty life leech for anything because I get one hit on my DH (not geared).

Chocobro

Darkness if you use hungering. Otherwise... it's almost a tie and comes down to how much critical damage % you have/plan to have. Personally I'd take right (all hunters use hungering usually), and I stack crit damage.

I do use hungering arrow and plan on stacking crit damage. Thanks! Should I try to get a quiver with elemental damage increase instead of hungering arrow?

I also hit a wall, act 3 inferno is too hard for me. Act 2 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, my cousin and I killed Belial on our first try.

sleepykyo

I only started to hate parts of the game in Inferno, a difficulty that was made for the hardcore of hardcore fans, who asked Blizzard for this. Blizzard obliged.

Yeah, I know this but keep forgetting it. The awful loot system, the way there are (proportionally) more moves in this game with invincibility frames than a fighting game, are definitely in the background but don't really come into play until hell and then start smacking you in the face in inferno.

Though I'm still surprised that the designers are concerned about build viability and farming goblins when they designed the elites to be so ridiculously cheap. The mode in general just wasn't designed to be "played" in traditional sense.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Put up all my PoS equip for act1 inferno monk for 100 quid a piece. Come on people, it's a bargain! Make me rich! (yeah, they are nowhere near reasonable prices, but I figure i'd be a fool not to try to earn some easy money off of the initial madness. Will keep you posted.)
Did the same thing, best of luck to us both.

Narag

Radius is bigger and I don't need shitty life leech for anything because I get one hit on my DH (not geared).

Ball Lightning tics are half damage (~77%) vs full damage (~155%) NT tics that can hit multiple times on slowed/rooted/stationary stuff iirc. It murders stuff with larger hitboxes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ball Lightning tics are half damage (~77%) vs full damage (~155%) NT tics that can hit multiple times on slowed/rooted/stationary stuff iirc. It murders stuff with larger hitboxes.
I'll check on damage ticks.

Lightning hits just about every single non fast target twice, and larger / rooted 3 times with a larger AoE.

Shouta

I think it's because you can shoot off a few nether tentacles off before you get the Sharpshooter bonus reset. As it resets on critical, any shot you release is under the effect. Ball Lightning is affected the same way but because it reaches out and tags enemies as it travels as opposed to actually touching the tentacles, you get the chance to launch a few more off.

Ball is also yeah, half damage. However, you hit more targets and can hit one several times regardless of size depending on angle which is the benefit to ball vs tentacles. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom