• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Someone just sniped an item I was bidding on. Pretty impressive. They outbid me at literally the last second; I tabbed out and back and it was expired before I could even refresh the new current bid.

You tabbed ? When an item is under 5m, never tabbed. :D

Totakeke

Someone just sniped an item I was bidding on. Pretty impressive. They outbid me at literally the last second; I tabbed out and back and it was expired before I could even refresh the new current bid.

I haven't lost any last minute bidding wars yet, but then I never keep track of the seconds. Just dumb luck really.

Shouta

Makes me sad people gave up on monk so soon :(

Considering how difficult it is to get geared for it, it's understandable. Monk, once geared, is like 10x more fun and safer to play than pretty much any other class in the game though. Once Inferno is tuned correctly, it'll be very nice for us monks.

Considering how difficult it is to get geared for it, it's understandable. Monk, once geared, is like 10x more fun and safer to play than pretty much any other class in the game though. Once Inferno is tuned correctly, it'll be very nice for us monks.

Yeah I give the respect due to the people that stuck with it long enough to gear to that point, but for me I would prefer to play something else till I don't need to go from 0 to 100 gear wise instantly and can have a somewhat smoother experience.

Until then I have no issues putting him on the backburner in order to make sure I don't burn out on the game trying to force myself through unfun patches of gameplay just to reach the good part so to speak.

I feel the same about Barb actually. Once Act 3 is tuned right I'll freaking destroy it on my tank barb. I just did ponies without dying once using my new build.

Sprint + Run like the Wind is the most overlookable skill. It's fucking amazing, I never die with it anymore.

balddemon

Banned
I feel the same about Barb actually. Once Act 3 is tuned right I'll freaking destroy it on my tank barb. I just did ponies without dying once using my new build.

Sprint + Run like the Wind is the most overlookable skill. It's fucking amazing, I never die with it anymore.
Lol do you just run around enemies and then they die?

UberTag

Testing out the mid-range non-Level 60 RMAH to see if there's a modest market.

Just put up a Level 35 1H Crossbow with 152 DEX, 9% ATK SPD, 39 VIT and a socket for a ruby up for $9.99. It easily outclasses everything else in that tier by a significant margin before the DEX even kicks in and sits conveniently at the top of the search query list.

Figure it can't hurt to try my luck.

I haven't lost any last minute bidding wars yet, but then I never keep track of the seconds. Just dumb luck really.
I keep my watch on hand to calibrate against seconds. Always snipe with my entire gold balance with 6-8 seconds to spare.
Originally tried 15 seconds but I still had a tendency to get outbid in those situations.

eek5

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about selling items for $10 - $20 and would rather just have the gold / items? I see a lot of people saying they're buying items from the GAH and selling for like $20. To me that's like a frappucino and going out to lunch at work instead of eating at the cafe downstairs.

Rather just have the gold lol.

I did enough where I have a balance of gold and blizzbucks. Since items that get listed onto AH are fragmented into two diff areas now, I figured if good items come up it would be better to have both currencies so I can get upgrades a bit easier.

sleepykyo

Makes me sad people gave up on monk so soon :(

Soon? I tried for a long time and it is still the farthest I've gotten in inferno (up to terminus). Not to mention a 600dps crossbow got me up to and past Magdha with what was basically glorious armor. While the 4 slot exalted armor and a 600 dps fist was a long series of build switch ups, running from elite packs, leading them away from the doorways and having 2 elite packs chasing after my monk as she desperately reaches the lair of the witch.

I agree. Monk is a really tough class to take beyond Act II on Inferno right now, but once the new patch comes it will be good times for us. Monk is still the most entertaining class to play in D3 as far as I am concerned.

Shouta

Yeah, once it's a little less spiky, it should be nice. That's the problem I'm getting on my Monk. Most do fairly steady damage but then you get a bunch of them with just huge spike damage and all of a sudden I can't mitigate/dodge it which is kinda stupid.

Tuning aside, there are a ton of issues Blizzard has to address including loot tables. It's kind of a little frustrating right now with how they distribute the type of gear and not just the drop rates.

Yeah, once it's a little less spiky, it should be nice. That's the problem I'm getting on my Monk. Most do fairly steady damage but then you get a bunch of them with just huge spike damage and all of a sudden I can't mitigate/dodge it which is kinda stupid.

Tuning aside, there are a ton of issues Blizzard has to address including loot tables. It's kind of a little frustrating right now with how they distribute the type of gear and not just the drop rates.

I think right now, the most pressing issues for blizzard to work on are definately various issues with the loot system and making inferno less like a giant wall to climb to get to the lull after and more like an extra difficulty to progress through.

Class tuning is kind of thrown in together with the second one as everyone should be able to make progress without having to rely on outside help.

These two things are what will inevitably drive a portion of the playerbase to just stop playing and if fixed to be acceptable will at least allow for people to continue playing while they work on fixing all the other stuff that needs fixing and to add new items / content or whatever.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, found these boots, to me they look more or less like great boots for a Monk, a really great roll for an i62. Decided to put them up on the RMAH for $5 Open/$20 Buyout. If they don't sell, I'll just auction them off the old fashion way, should be worth a least 1M+
wardenstriders.jpg

Ring

130 int
40 vitality
150 LOH
Socket

What do you suppose its value is

Bought it for 500k
Listed it for 750k
And it just sold in under 5 minutes.....

All the similar rings, of which there weren't many, were well over 1 million...........maybe I should have tried for a home run lol

Ferrio

Banned
So since I sold my kick ass bow for $200 I was weaponless. Spent my 3mil gold I had a new bow. Was still able to clear elites in act 4 fine.

AYPff.png

It's just as good, if not better in some ways. 83% crit damage is pretty high, and since my natural crit is pretty good.. it's plenty of damage.

sleepykyo

Interesting that they mentioned more rares and showed the loot tables changes. But they didn't mention the what level the rares would be. I've gotten enough lvl 54 and 57 golds off of the Butcher that a rare of every elite doesn't mean much.

Oh and the whole witch doctor only on bows or dh damage bonus on shield. What the heck is with rolls that are in all likelihood bad? There is probably a sword and shield DH, but probably not in Inferno.

Interesting that they mentioned more rares and showed the loot tables changes? But they didn't mention the what level the rares would be. I've gotten enough lvl 54 and 57 golds off of the Butcher that a rare of every elite doesn't mean much.

Oh and the whole witch doctor only on bows or dh damage bonus on shield. What the heck is with rolls that are in all likelihood bad? There is probably a sword and shield DH, but probably not in Inferno.

They did mention that though, ilvl 63 will have a 2% chance of dropping in act 1 now

Interesting that they mentioned more rares and showed the loot tables changes? But they didn't mention the what level the rares would be. I've gotten enough lvl 54 and 57 golds off of the Butcher that a rare of every elite doesn't mean much.

I think that second part is just the nature of diablo, even in diablo 2 you ended up getting many many generic level 1-10 items dropping in act 5 hell. The complete randomness is both a positive and a negative in various ways and I can live with getting some crappy items here and there.

They just really need to tinker with the ratio of lower level items in inferno compared to high end level 60 stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, they did mention the levels in the loot table:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012

Act 1: 28% of magic items/rares will be iLvl 61+
Act 2: 35% of magic items/rares will be iLvl 61+
Act 3/4: 48% of magic items/rare will be iLvl 61+

I was able to kill Diablo Inferno on my monk a week ago (June 6th), I spent around 15 mil on gear that was supremely itemized, most of it was under 1 mil an item but included an amulet i bought for 5.5 million that had +560 life on hit. I literally spent 60% of my total Diablo 3 time trolling the AH for good deals.

my key stats on my diablo kill were:
50k health
2k life on hit (didnt need this much)
800 resist all
19k dps

these are approximations since I have since sold some of my better items for real money (made $140 so far!)

basically this post is for those monks who want to drop the class, just stick with it and pay attention to the AH every once in a while and if your patient with the tougher champ packs you'll progress.

eek5

Lol do you just run around enemies and then they die?

I sprint away until I get a tornado then I stand a bit behind it. Melee enemies come up to attack me and take extra damage and I get higher LoH returns. If my health is really low I furious charge out of a pack then sprint and run, the enemies following me basically increase my regen rate. It's basically a free Inspiring Presence when I'm fleeing and I free up that passive slot for Ruthless.

Sigmaah

Someone wanna help me with this game?

I'm a DH Level 42 and my stats are:

Strength:498
Dexterity:853
Intelligence:131
Vitality:327
Armor:1306
DPS:1396.55

Are these good stats for a level 42? also, how I do level faster? I wanna get 60 SO BAD!!!
I also need to know how to get really good gear...

Leonsito

Im a bit late but yesterday I finished the game for the first time in Normal, I played a bit of nightmare later, it seems like the real game begins.

I know its a bit lame to announce this, but I never finished D2 and this feels great :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Which is no surprise. That's how Nightmare and Hell went. You could overgear easily, but Monk was always the safest class to play. Plenty of healing and mitigation, and the ability to simply reset a situation when things got stupid.

Im a bit late but yesterday I finished the game for the first time in Normal, I played a bit of nightmare later, it seems like the real game begins.

I know its a bit lame to announce this, but I never finished D2 and this feels great :)
Ain't nothing lame about that. Congrats! There's so much more to Diablo 3 for you to experience. To be honest, I'm a little envious.

sleepykyo

Yeah, they did mention the levels in the loot table:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012

Act 1: 28% of magic items/rares will be iLvl 61+
Act 2: 35% of magic items/rares will be iLvl 61+
Act 3/4: 48% of magic items/rare will be iLvl 61+

Isn't that just a confirmation of what my interpretation? Since the numbers are aggregate it is still very much possible that the rares are going to be low level. A blue lvl 63 will still probably be a huge improvement, but it isn't like great items are going to be flooding out.

Oh well, they probably smoothed out the damage. eg. Having the wasps and act 2 dark berserker hit harder than the butcher is probably a bit much.

Shouta

Interesting that they mentioned more rares and showed the loot tables changes. But they didn't mention the what level the rares would be. I've gotten enough lvl 54 and 57 golds off of the Butcher that a rare of every elite doesn't mean much.

The stuff I want is

1) Class unique gear doesn't drop enough and certainly not enough to the actual class. I don't want to be getting quivers on my Monk when i want Daibos or Spirit Stones. It doesn't have to be a huge change but just enough for each class so that we see more of the stuff we can use.

2) Unique class modifiers need to show up more often not just on certain types of gear. Fiddling with just stats isn't particularly interesting. Building towards my specific build by boosting the skills would be a great way to give customization and increase the incentive to look for new gear.

3) More unique class gear as well. Most have 1 weapon and maybe 2 styles of armor unique to them but having a few more would be interesting and there'd be a little less fighting for shared pieces. It doesn't have to be a bunch but maybe one or more unique types per class owuld be interesting.

UberTag

Testing out the mid-range non-Level 60 RMAH to see if there's a modest market.

Just put up a Level 35 1H Crossbow with 152 DEX, 9% ATK SPD, 39 VIT and a socket for a ruby up for $9.99. It easily outclasses everything else in that tier by a significant margin before the DEX even kicks in and sits conveniently at the top of the search query list.

Figure it can't hurt to try my luck.
Just a quick update. The above item sold in less than an hour.
Looks like there's a modest RMAH market for below L60 items after all.

Maybe I should have charged more.

Someone wanna help me with this game?

I'm a DH Level 42 and my stats are:

Strength:498
Dexterity:853
Intelligence:131
Vitality:327
Armor:1306
DPS:1396.55

Are these good stats for a level 42? also, how I do level faster? I wanna get 60 SO BAD!!!
I also need to know how to get really good gear...

Nightmare Act 2 Quest 2 Part 2 the Khalsim (sic) outpost quest.
Take the waypoint, talk to the guy, go in the building, kill creep, unlock cage, go outside, kill creep. Quit, change the quest back to the previous one and start again.

Repeat until 50 and then do the same in Hell until you ding 60. In Hell you get 50k xp for doing the quest + whatever extra for killing the monsters and it takes all of 2 minutes.

eek5

Just finished a cydea/azmo run and 8 out of my 11 rares were iL60 and lower. Wtf man. 3 of them were level 50 req...

Sigmaah

Nightmare Act 2 Quest 2 Part 2 the Khalsim (sic) outpost quest.
Take the waypoint, talk to the guy, go in the building, kill creep, unlock cage, go outside, kill creep. Quit, change the quest back to the previous one and start again.

Repeat until 50 and then do the same in Hell until you ding 60. In Hell you get 50k xp for doing the quest + whatever extra for killing the monsters and it takes all of 2 minutes.

Thank you so much!

eek5

I said something was fishy. Really.

I've been noticing a lot of 50-59 stuff from bosses lately. I thought it was just my imagination but after about 10 runs it seems like more than just bad luck. So it's not just me experiencing this?

Oh and before anyone asks, no the 3 iL62-63 items I got were awful.

edit: A3 question for people farming barracks. I've only done that run 4 times but I'm assuming if the quest on the bottom where you have to find the soldier's friend spawns that means there isn't going to be a resplendent chest or does it not matter?

I've been noticing a lot of 50-59 stuff from bosses lately. I thought it was just my imagination but after about 10 runs it seems like more than just bad luck. So it's not just me experiencing this?

I've done about 5 inferno Azmo runs this morning, I've been getting a bunch of level 50 items too. Think they've nerfed the heart of sin farm spot? Anyway, I still think it's just really bad luck.

Danj

So if you put an auction on the real money auction house, do you get any kind of notification outside the game if it sells? Or do you just have to keep logging on every so often or something?

Totakeke

edit: A3 question for people farming barracks. I've only done that run 4 times but I'm assuming if the quest on the bottom where you have to find the soldier's friend spawns that means there isn't going to be a resplendent chest or does it not matter?

Yeah, there are also some threads on the bnet forums and other forums about act 3 having worse loot than usual after I looked around.

People are confusing barracks and keep depths I think. Keep Depths lvl 2 is the one with the guaranteed resplendent. Barracks is still a nice place to farm comfortably because of the type of mobs there but no guaranteed chest.

Yeah, there are also some threads on the bnet forums and other forums about act 3 having worse loot than usual after I looked around.

People are confusing barracks and keep depths I think. Keep Depths lvl 2 is the one with the guaranteed resplendent. Barracks is still a nice place to farm comfortably because of the type of mobs there but no guaranteed chest.

If shit like this is true, it's unbelievably shitty of Blizz, but I really doubt it. They're basically just watching a bunch of people just fumble around in the dark, obliviously wasting time.

eek5

Oh I know about Keep. There was a video with DH farming barracks though and he said the resplendent spawns on level 2 80% of the time. The four times I ran it I got resplendent twice when there was no sub quest and no times when the quest spawned so I was wondering if I hit the lvl 2 door and there is a quest if I should even bother continuing or just go to cursed tower and 5 stack cydea.

Totakeke

Oh I know about Keep. There was a video with DH farming barracks though and he said the resplendent spawns on level 2 80% of the time. The four times I ran it I got resplendent twice when there was no sub quest and no times when the quest spawned so I was wondering if I hit the lvl 2 door and there is a quest if I should even bother continuing or just go to cursed tower and 5 stack cydea.

I ran the barracks on Hell difficulty plenty of times before, no way it has 80% chance of the resplendent chest. I also remember saying meh every time I reach level 2 and find the guard sub quest. Maybe you're right that it has to be the map without the guard.

red731

This. The way the monk played through Normal, Nightmare, and Hell was very enjoyable.

So much this. I can go through inferno Act 1 too without much problem, altough some combinations of uniques and elites...
Act 2 and I am one shot killed by mortars, wasp's wasps,....
I am playing WD now, but I too love monk ;_;

Neki

So much this. I can go through inferno Act 1 too without much problem, altough some combinations of uniques and elites...
Act 2 and I am one shot killed by mortars, wasp's wasps,....
I am playing WD now, but I too love monk ;_;

To be fair, no one has fun in Act II.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

While they could just be lying, Lylirra from Blizzard said there had been no recent chances to the drop rates of items. I think its just random numbers being random, like how I didn't get a Legendary for a month, then got 4 in a single day.

Totakeke

While they could just be lying, Lylirra from Blizzard said there had been no recent chances to the drop rates of items. I think its just random numbers being random, like how I didn't get a Legendary for a month, then got 4 in a single day.

Yeah, I'm not completely convinced myself. But it's also strange that people are complaining specifically about act 3. Well if act 3 is pretty much where everyone farmed anyway, that could make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom