• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

.la1n

Apparently 12:01am PST.. which is bollocks as I can't believe they still can't figure out different timezones when it comes to things like this.

Ah so like the last of us where all of North America exist in PST land.

Yuripaw

Banned
Ah so like the last of us where all of North America exist in PST land.

Yeah, they had to settle on PST which is the furthest behind of all the NA timezones too -_- If they had to pick one time zone, how bout something in between at least, like CST or MST?

Skeff

Yeah, they had to settle on PST which is the furthest behind of all the NA timezones too -_- If they had to pick one time zone, how bout something in between at least, like CST or MST?

But then they'd be breaking street date in PST zone.

MrDaravon

One major thing I've noticed from streams is how small the enemy count is. It's way smaller than the recent pc buff they did

Even on PC the mob density buff is only on Inferno with MP on. Blizzard has said that it works the same on console, but the mob density isn't as high as on PC due to system limitations.

Cynar

One major thing I've noticed from streams is how small the enemy count is. It's way smaller than the recent pc buff they did

Harder difficulties have more enemies, same with monster power. We'll have to see what it's like once people get higher level.

edit: beaten

crozier

Preordered for PS3 on impulse. I'm disappointed it's not available for predownload in the states, which is the only reason I caved. My fault for not doing further research...

molnizzle

Preordered for PS3 on impulse. I'm disappointed it's not available for predownload in the states, which is the only reason I caved. My fault for not doing further research...

If you have PS+, just set your Automatic Update time to whatever 12:01 PST is in your area. Maybe give it like a 15 minutes buffer just to be safe. Problem solved.

JoeFenix

Any screen tearing in the console versions? What's the performance like?

I'll probably hold off until the PS4 version comes out to play this with a friend but I'm genuinely curious as to what the current gen versions feel like.

crozier

If you have PS+, just set your Automatic Update time to whatever 12:01 PST is in your area. Maybe give it like a 15 minutes buffer just to be safe. Problem solved.
Wait, it will automatically download games I haven't even queued up if I do this? Mind blown if so.

zulfate

watching the ps3 stream and......he just paused the game....he paused the game @_@

paused it, like games of old....pau---- @_@

edit: motherfucker dropped a legendary and he..............equipped it @_@

Skeff

Any screen tearing in the console versions? What's the performance like?

I'll probably hold off until the PS4 version comes out to play this with a friend but I'm genuinely curious as to what the current gen versions feel like.

Had some screen tearing in Act 2 on PS3, Have heard similar reports for X360, not too bad though. Acts 1 and 3 were great, solid 60fps very smooth and nice controls.

EDIT: only just started act 4 so i don't know about that.

molnizzle

Wait, it will automatically download games I haven't even queued up if I do this? Mind blown if so.

I... think so? I guess I've never tested it with a pre-order, but it does this with normal games that I purchase from the PSN website.

Huh. Now you've got me wondering if I should set an alarm...

Dahbomb

watching the ps3 stream and......he just paused the game....he paused the game @_@

You can pause on the PC version too if you are playing solo.

Skeff

What if i told you, as well as pausing the game, it auto pauses when you bring up the inventory?

EDIT: did he use the fast equip by pushing up on the D-pad to cyce through recently picked up weapons to equip without bringing up the inventory?

Dahbomb

did he use the fast equip by pushing up on the D-pad to cyce through recently picked up weapons to equip without bringing up the inventory?
Yup. Great feature especially for co op mode when you just want to plow through the game without meddling with the inventory too much.

Blizzard did an amazing job on the console version. It's such a shame that the PC version is ruined by the AH.

RNjZ6wD.png

I just want people to realize that the gear i've shown in this thread is just the best I've had drop out of 30+ legendary from 1-60 P4 and that the 2 socket 1460+ dps manticore was LUCK because my next best weapon drops me down from 200k to 112k dps (1500dps dawn 1h xbow).

Loot is consistently upgrading on the console version but not to the point that people should worry that you won't be upgrading as often. There are so many legendaries to get, and there are bad rolls that you will want to salvage.

Dahbomb

I just want people to realize that the gear i've shown in this thread is just the best I've had drop out of 30+ legendary from 1-60 P4 and that the 2 socket 1460+ dps manticore was LUCK because my next best weapon drops me down from 200k to 112k dps (1500dps dawn 1h xbow).
I am curious to know what the DPS would be of two 1H 1500 Dawns with a socket. I know yours didn't come with a socket but if you had two of those that might actually out DPS the Manticore. DH can dual wield the 1H Xbows and she can fire them really fast.

In a moment of weakness I nearly bought the PC version last night... I have no idea what came over me. I distracted myself and played torchlight instead. Bring it Tuesday!!!

Frazley

That's it. I had this on Mac and liked it, but decided to preorder on PSN. Worst case I'll have to double dip and start over on PS4, but at least I can get into the game now. :)

I enjoyed the game when I played it before and the console release sounds epic. Darn you Blizzard and darn you Sony!

Awwww yiss.

Gaf's greatest reviewer/streamer.

Hope you had fun in the stream. Had a good 2 hours or so. Had a blast talking about the PC version versus the console version with you all that joined. Hope to get some games on with you guys once it is released.

Even on PC the mob density buff is only on Inferno with MP on. Blizzard has said that it works the same on console, but the mob density isn't as high as on PC due to system limitations.

Harder difficulties have more enemies, same with monster power. We'll have to see what it's like once people get higher level.

edit: beaten

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured was going on. I'll gladly take a density drop if it keeps that 60 flowin'

MrDaravon

Wow, maybe I just missed this before but apparently Paragon levels are account wide (shared between all characters) on console, that's actually pretty huge.

No Paragon points, so this is yet another weird halfstep where it's beyond what's in the PC version, but not all the way into what the expansion/update will have. Interesting.

Dahbomb

Wow, maybe I just missed this before but apparently Paragon levels are account wide (shared between all characters) on console, that's actually pretty huge.

No Paragon points, so this is yet another weird halfstep where it's beyond what's in the PC version, but not all the way into what the expansion/update will have. Interesting.
Yea this definitely seems like a test bed for the expansion.

I wonder if the expansion will also use the Nephalem Glory system of the console.

Are the Paragon level capped? I guess we won't know until someone reaches 101 lol.

Loxley

I doubt they will on current gen systems. But probably will be included in the next gen versions. That will be their excuse for you to re buy it.

That's my thought as well, pack in Reaper of Souls for the next-gen version and advertise it as the Diablo 3 "Game of the Year Edition" or "Reaper of Souls Edition". While slightly devious, it's a smart business decision to make the expansion exclusive to the next gen consoles if they want people to ultimately play the version.

Karak

Hope to see you all playing! Excited to see what everyone else thinks.

Impacted by the difficulty level. You can see the difference in my review as I am messing around with the difficulty. Trust me...its flooded at many times.

Drame

The D3 experience is rather PC-like, while you're waiting for the Sony servers to unlock the game. Hah!

It's true.

I leveled a 60 WD after a 60 DH paragon 8.

The paragon level comes into play when the WD hit 60 and his EXP bar is exactly the same as my DH P8.

I am currently working on getting 3 inferno machines and seeing how the hellfire ring is on console. Will find out tomorrow.

Going in blind. Exciting wish me luck GAF. Opening cinematic is beautiful. Its good to know that blizzard still does amazing cut scenes. Last Diablo I played was 2. So any character like the paladin?

Having this much control over your character is great. Best thing about it so far to me.

I do notice some screen tearing here and there. No slowdown yet and there are a good amount of enemies that appear on screen at the beginning of the game.

Dahbomb

Going in blind. Exciting wish me luck GAF. Opening cinematic is beautiful. Its good to know that blizzard still does amazing cut scenes. Last Diablo I played was 2. So any character like the paladin?
The Monk is like the Paladin in that he has a bunch of auras.

dubq

How does the Auto Update thing work with PSPlus/PSN (so I can dl/install this while I sleep)? I've always had it turned off.. do I just need to have the "patch" option checked? Or do pre-orders fall under the "recommended games and videos" option?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just woke up! Will be able to pick up the game in 5 hours :D!!!

Top Bottom