• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Only thing left for the final portrait now is 70 in hardcore and 100 cubed things. Whew. Stupid bounties though, not fun at all.

I just try to do one or two in the mornings and one or two at night. Public T7 bounty games usually go pretty well, I've only had one bad experience in like 15-20 games.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The Hellfire snapshot glitch is pretty insane. Imagine being able to use all the Wizard passives.

Eh. I'm sure it'd make your wiz OP cause that's a whole lot of passives, but wizards aren't exactly known for their great passives anyway, outside of 3 or 4 of them that everyone uses anyway (like Unstable Anomaly, Audacity and Evocation).

Reminds me of Critical Mass. Man, I've just realized how OP Archon builds would be if CM was still in the game.

joesmokey

Eh. I'm sure it'd make your wiz OP cause that's a whole lot of passives, but wizards aren't exactly known for their great passives anyway, outside of 3 or 4 of them that everyone uses anyway (like Unstable Anomaly, Audacity and Evocation).

Reminds me of Critical Mass. Man, I've just realized how OP Archon builds would be if CM was still in the game.
Passives massively depend on the play style or set being used. Just because some of them are more dominantly chosen than others does not mean the rest are useless.

Blur, Illusionist, Evocation, Audacity, Elemental Exposure, Unstable Anomaly, Galvanizing Ward, Dominance, Astral Presence.

Imagine being able to use all those at the same time. Sure it doesn't turn you into a barb or anything, but it would significantly make the high GR playstyle much easier.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Passives massively depend on the play style or set being used. Just because some of them are more dominantly chosen than others does not mean the rest are useless.

Blur, Illusionist, Evocation, Audacity, Elemental Exposure, Unstable Anomaly, Galvanizing Ward, Dominance, Astral Presence.

Imagine being able to use all those at the same time. Sure it doesn't turn you into a barb or anything, but it would significantly make the high GR playstyle much easier.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I would love to have them all. ALL THE PASSIVES. I just know in my heart of hearts that we would still suck compared to all passives-monks and barbs :p.

ZenaxPure

Barbs and monks don't even need all passives for that comparison :p.

Lot of Barb passives are trash tier anyway. 6 fury every time you block (with a shield) an attack. 50% more healing from health globes. Increase the damage of 3 skills no one uses. Gain 30 fury when you use earthquake!

Terrible terrible. There are good ones in there but just as many you wouldn't even bother getting if you used the exploit because they do literally nothing.

Dahbomb

Monks have a lot of strong passives.

Resolve - Decent skill for sure, gets used by support Monk. Not a bad one to have on a GR pushing character either.

Fleet Footed - More movement speed. It's pretty damn nice.

Exalted Soul - Increases maximum spirit and increases spirit regen. More useful for the Shenlong Monk because the increased maximum spirit actually equates to more damage.

Transcendence - Just some burst heal. Good for the R6/SWK Monk but not as good for U6 or Shenlongs.

Chant of Resonance - Makes your Mantras cheaper and gives you more spirit regen. This is pretty good because it allows you to spam your mantras. It's useful for any Monk that uses Mantras (which is most of them).

*Seize the Initiative - Useful for a lot of Monks. Even in U6 this has utility because it allows you to get your palms up faster.

*Guardian's Path - Since most Monks are dual wield this day, this passive gets used A LOT. A ton of survivability from the extra dodge.

*6th Sense - Just a straight up damage mitigation passive. Quite excellent to have.

*Determination - Has been getting used in U6 a lot recently. Very nice to have.

*Relentless Assault - You just need some hardCC to make this work but that shouldn't be a problem.

*Beacon of Ytar - Staple Monk passive.

*Alacrity - Same as STI, more attack speed is something Monks usually like anyway.

*Harmony - Staple Monk passive.

*Combination Strike - At the minimum it's still a 10% damage bonus. Most builds won't use a 2nd generator so this is just a 10% damage bonus almost always.

*Near Death Passive - Staple Monk passive in high GRs.

*Unity - Straight up damage boost, great in groups.

*Momentum - Aside from the Generator Monk, this one actually does work and is a decent damage boost. You just have to alter you play a bit to make use of it.

*Mystic Rhythm - It's supposed to be a U6 skill but as far as I know this doesn't apply on your EPs that you proc off of the generators so this isn't that good. Probably the best in R6.

So yeah getting all of the Monk passives is actually pretty substantial.

Dahbomb

This convo is funny to me because I've played monk since they were garbage. Monk passives used to suck.
Monks used to be a completely different character before.

One of the Mantras was completely different before (Mantra of Salvation). We used to gain Dodge from Dexterity instead of armor. Exploding Palm was reworked. Dashing Strike when it first came out sucked because of its animation. Many of the passives were different before or sucked before. STI and Harmony used to be completely different and they were the mandatory Monk passives. Generators used to be different in terms of animation and DPS/spirit gain. Spenders used to have different values, different elements.

Remember when Raiment set used to be this piece of shit?

563908.jpg

Dark times man.

Monks in all of D3 were either ridiculously broken god tier or just the worst. I think the last few patches they have finally been in a "good" spot.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Have you got the installer by any chance, site keeps giving me an error.

Got it.

Tried. Hmm..
http://i.imgur.com/i0RnMHI.gif

Weird, maybe that slider didn't do what I thought... maybe try 60 fps with the 25% playback rate?

Edit: Yeah, that might be it. Here's one for a seven-sided strike with the playback set to -5, fps set to max, "enhance" disabled and the quality at max:
3o85xtsg4n5R8DsbiE.gif

My original was around 35 FPS so yours should turn out a bit better.

Jedi2016

Got a second Unity tonight.. Cubed one, of course. Good choice? The only other thing I really have to use jewelry-wise are immunity amulets, maybe the RROG, but I don't really need it right now (running full Wastes set, WW barb). Full on 50% damage reduction from all sources while still using Focus and Restraint.. guess I can't complain too much.

Got a second Unity tonight.. Cubed one, of course. Good choice? The only other thing I really have to use jewelry-wise are immunity amulets, maybe the RROG, but I don't really need it right now (running full Wastes set, WW barb). Full on 50% damage reduction from all sources while still using Focus and Restraint.. guess I can't complain too much.

Unity is a very viable choice solo. I mean there isn't much choice, if you're getting gibbed, unity helps a ton more than CoE + F+R where you'd die. I havn't gotten one yet, also no Gift yet. Freaking RNG gods man.

Sarcasm

Got to the point I can do T5 rifts and GR20 solo.

Think I would get something useful?

No..vanilla and old season sets 5 times over. All salvaged.

I only need one piece and I managed to get a piece.

Burn through 500 mats (breath and souls) to go through every slot 4 times but the one I need.

Can't progress further when this shit happens.

Got to the point I can do T5 rifts and GR20 solo.

Think I would get something useful?

No..vanilla and old season sets 5 times over. All salvaged.

I only need one piece and I managed to get a piece.

Burn through 500 mats (breath and souls) to go through every slot 4 times but the one I need.

Can't progress further when this shit happens.

I feel you, being stuck at 4 piece Delsere and 2 piece Tal'Rasha for days, good thing is yesterday two cube tries give me the complete set so I'm now rocking T10 :)

So I'm sorta done with my crusader. She's just not very fun for group play since she's so squishy, and my damage feels lacking compared to my friends.

What is the most fun class for a group right now? Should I do the support monk? The HotA barb?

My regular group is a Helltooth WD and a 7 sided strike monk.

Addnan

Depends what you want to do in a group. Efficient blasting you won't be allowed in with ww. And the whole subjective thing, I'm 890 and all I've played in GR is hota...

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Any suggestions for keeping followers alive at higher levels of difficulty? Mine spend a lot of their time dead at T6 and up. =S

Addnan

Weird, maybe that slider didn't do what I thought... maybe try 60 fps with the 25% playback rate?

Edit: Yeah, that might be it. Here's one for a seven-sided strike with the playback set to -5, fps set to max, "enhance" disabled and the quality at max:
3o85xtsg4n5R8DsbiE.gif

My original was around 35 FPS so yours should turn out a bit better.

Gave it another go. The 6 progress orb that just appear in top left is so good. Not 10MB, this is 25MB.

giphy.gif

How do you guys manage your materials when you have multiple toons; do you just keep a stack of each on each character or periodcally transfer all to the stash to keep it in one spot?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is a legendary gem better than 9.5% crit chance for a wizard? I really can't decide if I should get rid of that stat on my amulet for a socket...

Thought so to but unless im doing something wrong if wanna use the cube etc have to go to stash and get it out. Stuff like deaths breath etc.

Yes, but this is just minor inconvenience, just grab your full stacks from the stash and put them into the cube, it won't take your hundreds of mats if it only needs 5 of them.

Tarazet

Any suggestions for keeping followers alive at higher levels of difficulty? Mine spend a lot of their time dead at T6 and up. =S

There are legendary items for each follower with the affix "Your follower cannot die." Ever since they introduced them, they have had another unintended benefit: they also take no damage. So if you have a Unity ring and put a Unity on your follower, you take 50% less damage permanently.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
There are legendary items for each follower with the affix "Your follower cannot die." Ever since they introduced them, they have had another unintended benefit: they also take no damage. So if you have a Unity ring and put a Unity on your follower, you take 50% less damage permanently.

Blizzard has officially stated that the no death + Unity combination was completely intended though.

Firemind

Unities don't exist. I will not believe otherwise until I see one with my own eyes. The people in the clan who have had Unity drop were just hacked and made me believe it exists! That's what keeps you going... the fever... the rage... that turns scrubs like me... cruel.

Unities don't exist. I will not believe otherwise until I see one with my own eyes. The people in the clan who have had Unity drop were just hacked and made me believe it exists! That's what keeps you going... the fever... the rage... that turns scrubs like me... cruel.

I looted 3 the sunday after the season started
dac15_tired.gif

Shouldn't be extremely hard to obtain now with kadala + kanai though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom