• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

There's always stuff that you can never get but others can, RNG something something lol. I finally found my first Unity last night, and had another one given to me. Also this season I have found 3 Calamities and 7 Gifts, but found my very first Pus Spitter last night. Like...what the fuck.

Also looking at the cubing app/site I realized I'm missing Eternal Union, and I don't think I've seen a single one drop in the clan. They had to have messed with drop rates, I'm getting Gifts, Witching Hours, Calamities, Lacunis etc like fucking candy now.

There's always stuff that you can never get but others can, RNG something something lol. I finally found my first Unity last night, and had another one given to me. Also this season I have found 3 Calamities and 7 Gifts, but found my very first Pus Spitter last night. Like...what the fuck.

Also looking at the cubing app/site I realized I'm missing Eternal Union, and I don't think I've seen a single one drop in the clan. They had to have messed with drop rates, I'm getting Gifts, Witching Hours, Calamities, Lacunis etc like fucking candy now.

Only loots for crusaders I think

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Gave it another go. The 6 progress orb that just appear in top left is so good. Not 10MB, this is 25MB.

Yup, there we go.

Does anyone know if area damage is working properly for monks with the Shenlong set bonus? If the DPS difference compared to HOTA isn't too huge, I think area damage could make generator monks a valid alternative DPS for these groups. Guess I can just record it and check later.

ps : can we stop with embed 10 MB gifs

Yeah, that's one thing that Instagiffer doesn't handle well. It would help if the game didn't have that screen shake.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Yup, there we go.

Does anyone know if area damage is working properly for monks with the Shenlong set bonus? If the DPS difference compared to HOTA isn't too huge, I think area damage could make generator monks a valid alternative DPS for these groups. Guess I can just record it and check later.

According to Quin it's not working for monks as well.
I think the best idea is to just ignore it untill they fix it entirely.

Jinaar

I have literally everything for my UE MS build for my Demon Hunter butttttt Calamity for the cube. I have spent thousands at Kadala's, cubed thousands of mats to make Legend arise out of Rares, ran countless Grifts/Rifts/Bounties and nothing. I have carpal tunnel so bad. Hate RNG.

Edit: I got 2 Witching Hours from Kadala's back to back. I have 2 Stone of Jordans. No Thunder fury yet though. Even my forth created He'll fire Amulet us very decent. so random!

ZenaxPure

Well fuck... I have no idea what to play then.

Try them for yourself to form your own opinion is pretty much the motto I live by.

Personally I like HoTA barb and both support monk/barb (which are the big 3 for group play right now) but 99% of my enjoyment from this game has always came from how things work on a mechanical level and all of those builds have cool mechanics behind them that make them interesting. Fun is too subjective of a thing since what everyone finds fun is way different.

Like, support WD from the past 3 seasons (RIP) is some of the most fun I've had in the game even though playing it basically amounted to just walking into a group of mobs, bombing them with all of your CC/debuffs and then standing afk until the next pack. That didn't matter much to me because what I found fun was just the mechanics of the build which through the various item/skill synergies gave you complete control over enemies while also giving nice damage buffs to the group. Played it for hundreds of hours and never got bored.

eek5

Unity is a very viable choice solo. I mean there isn't much choice, if you're getting gibbed, unity helps a ton more than CoE + F+R where you'd die. I havn't gotten one yet, also no Gift yet. Freaking RNG gods man.

yeah can't deal damage if you're dead so no CoE is better than laying on the floor waiting for a counter haha :)

Firemind

I looted 3 the sunday after the season started
dac15_tired.gif

Shouldn't be extremely hard to obtain now with kadala + kanai though
I've blown stacks of breaths, both season and non-season, creating entire inventories of rings. Nothing but salvage fodder.

Now I'm like a cocaine addict begging at madison square garden where folks are enjoying their upper class privileges.

Taz

I've blown stacks of breaths, both season and non-season, creating entire inventories of rings. Nothing but salvage fodder.

Now I'm like a cocaine addict begging at madison square garden where folks are enjoying their upper class privileges.

6 unititys and 7 Furnaces including a nice ancient one, last 2 season I had zero of both.

Try them for yourself to form your own opinion is pretty much the motto I live by.

Personally I like HoTA barb and both support monk/barb (which are the big 3 for group play right now) but 99% of my enjoyment from this game has always came from how things work on a mechanical level and all of those builds have cool mechanics behind them that make them interesting. Fun is too subjective of a thing since what everyone finds fun is way different.

Like, support WD from the past 3 seasons (RIP) is some of the most fun I've had in the game even though playing it basically amounted to just walking into a group of mobs, bombing them with all of your CC/debuffs and then standing afk until the next pack. That didn't matter much to me because what I found fun was just the mechanics of the build which through the various item/skill synergies gave you complete control over enemies while also giving nice damage buffs to the group. Played it for hundreds of hours and never got bored.

This is why I stuck with monk so long at the beginning. Largely crap solo back in the day but boy was it fun laying out some EP's cycloning a group in and watching eek melt the pack with firebats. Wiz was kinda like that for a while too. I never played it, but Talaysen used to freeze everything.

I have literally everything for my UE MS build for my Demon Hunter butttttt Calamity for the cube. I have spent thousands at Kadala's, cubed thousands of mats to make Legend arise out of Rares, ran countless Grifts/Rifts/Bounties and nothing. I have carpal tunnel so bad. Hate RNG.

Edit: I got 2 Witching Hours from Kadala's back to back. I have 2 Stone of Jordans. No Thunder fury yet though. Even my forth created He'll fire Amulet us very decent. so random!

Funny story, when I made a DH to gear up a bit for the future PTR, the very first item I crafted in the cube was an ancient Calamity with high rolls and near perfect stats. Like I was literally done with 1h xbow cubed stuff after one craft, was pretty nice.

ZenaxPure

This is why I stuck with monk so long at the beginning. Largely crap solo back in the day but boy was it fun laying out some EP's cycloning a group in and watching eek melt the pack with firebats. Wiz was kinda like that for a while too. I never played it, but Talaysen used to freeze everything.

Yep, I was a huge fan of (old) support monk as well. Cyclone + EP is a perfect example of everything I love about D3 crammed into 2 skills. It was my go to build when I was playing with friends and wanted a break from leapquake at the start of RoS.

eek5

Is the support monk fun? Nobody I know plays one and they seem super important.

Depends on what you consider to be fun. It's probably the fastest thing to gear though. You just need a couple inna pieces and mostly crafted items + a levleling a gem gets you into 50-55 easily which will then help you gear up U6 monk. It all depends on you being able to find a group to play in though.

I feel like it's less fun than old support monk. Most fun support class so far has been the zpds sader IMO although I never played zdps WD.

ZenaxPure

I feel like it's less fun than old support monk. Most fun support class so far has been the zpds sader IMO although I never played zdps WD.

I need to try support crusader at some point, think it's the only support build in the expansion I haven't tried yet. Unfortunately it seems to have fallen out of favor this patch/season though.

ZenaxPure

WD still has a XP/DPS buff build which is pretty good for speed runs though. Probably competitive with monk at 55-60.. maybe higher. They have a lot of dmg buffs.

Yeah, things just shifted around is all (since there is no more perma-CC). Doesn't matter much anyway since I've enjoyed what little I've played on support barb so that is enough for me. Has a lot of damage buffs now like WD did before and ancient spear is a hilarious pull that makes up with range for what it lacks in aoe.

Dahbomb

GR60 solo complete!

Didn't have a lot of ancient armor pieces, Paragon in the 500s and gems at 60 plus my glove was actually pretty bad. I actually breezed through 55-59 GRs but hit a bit of a wall at GR60. Probably got lucky in the previous two tiers I guess. Had to switch up a passive for GR60 and then fished for an easy rift to get GR60, .

Ironically the one I got GR60 in wasn't really an easy rift, the only thing easy about it was that one giant enemy that summons lots of smaller blobs that helped me out in fights but other than it was a pretty standard rift and I didn't once get Power or Conduit pylons (just the Channeling which was damn useful near the end).

I feel I could do GR62 with some luck but fuck that shit son. I have achieved my solo GR goal of the season and I am happy with that. Now to finish the rest of the Season journeys and try to craft an ancient Furnace for that SWK EP build.

Looks like Quin69 got GR69 (LOL!) rank 1 using Convention of Elements set up and Mythic Rhythm.

MrDaravon

anyone want to run a 2 minute TX rift or something

Hoping to get on within the hour or so, if you're around I'm totally down for doing this. 3 of us finally got a 3-minute one done which carbonated needed for a Season Journey I'm not on yet (but that's preemptively knocked out at least). Currently stuck on the 7th (?) Journey where I need 1 season conquest. Worst case knocking out a ton of TX rifts is at least XP etc.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
haven't played in a while, but I'm back in the shit now. Made a season WD and everything, dudes just past level 100 paragon and rocking it better than my monk is :(. Wanna play with some people though, and the GAF Overflow clan is kinda quiet - what's the dealio now - is there a new clan?

Sober

haven't played in a while, but I'm back in the shit now. Made a season WD and everything, dudes just past level 100 paragon and rocking it better than my monk is :(. Wanna play with some people though, and the GAF Overflow clan is kinda quiet - what's the dealio now - is there a new clan?
Probably easier to jump into the GAF community chat. Seems a little quiet in there though.

Have they ever buffed a class mid-season?

I can't recall.

I decided to make a barb, and I'll likely be going for both a HotA set and a WW/Rend set, but if they happen to buff the crusader that would be an even better outcome.

Baliis

Have they ever buffed a class mid-season?

I can't recall.

I decided to make a barb, and I'll likely be going for both a HotA set and a WW/Rend set, but if they happen to buff the crusader that would be an even better outcome.

In Season 1, they basically had to either release the patch mid season or delay the season even longer, so they went ahead and just did it, but they've said they shouldn't be doing any major changes mid season.

Congrats to Alkaizer! Got GRift 70, but didn't allow him to upgrade his gems at Urshi. He got the Achievement for Rank 1 though, so it should be a pass.

It might have been because he completed right as the timer hit 0. He also got RIDICULOUSLY unlucky in terms of the boss. The spawn point was a form of next-level bullshit that should never happen.

http://www.twitch.tv/alkaizerx/v/15438245

Don't know what to do with my Yangs. Been using it for a few days now and still am torn after using some dps and item stat spreadsheets

EJGqG3B.jpg

Sheet dps shows rolling IAS would be the highest jump ~7% but I don't really trust that given the speed of MS with this build anyway (I could be mistaken).

Second highest jump would be getting lucky with the increased damage. But there is so much RNG involved in that it's terrifying.

Rolling 10% dmg instead of 9% seems like the last option.

I've even considered elite, resource and area.

JoeMartin

Max damage roll, easy. IAS is only 80 more DPS than max damage roll (which is not hard to get near), and you'd have to lose the loh for it.

Unless you really need vit. Then loh -> vit.

MrDaravon

Max damage roll, easy. IAS is only 80 more DPS than max damage roll (which is not hard to get near), and you'd have to lose the loh for it.

Unless you really need vit. Then loh -> vit.

This. IAS is generally useless for the build anyway, ignore the sheet DPS it gives you.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Don't know what to do with my Yangs. Been using it for a few days now and still am torn after using some dps and item stat spreadsheets

Sheet dps shows rolling IAS would be the highest jump ~7% but I don't really trust that given the speed of MS with this build anyway (I could be mistaken).

Second highest jump would be getting lucky with the increased damage. But there is so much RNG involved in that it's terrifying.

Rolling 10% dmg instead of 9% seems like the last option.

I've even considered elite, resource and area.

Rolling the dmg or base would be bad as it would barely increase you same for elite. All the dps increases are meager so there's not much to be gained. how much resource reduction do you gain by adding another 10%, you would make up a lot of dps considering you would be able to stack the stricken more. If you lack vitality that is also a good cause dying less means more time to do damage. You can put enough area damage in paragons, shoulders, and quiver to get what you need.

Firemind

Any wizards try this Death's Breath speedrun build?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18716987662

I don't have a Woh to try yet, though I imagine substitutes could get similar performance.

I used to do something similar for old T6 speedruns while hunting for legs. I'm not sure if picking up every single DB would get annoying in a build like this.
Where's Nemesis Bracers? And Pride's Fall seems kind of iffy. It's supposed to be a build to farm elites, yet it's not incorporating Furnace.

I think I prefer this build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57867-2-3-tal-rasha-sages-farmers-special

Wolfie5

I usually try to roll CD on my rings. And now with Ulianas build, I try also to have CDR on everything.

I had rolled a damage increase stat that gives 105-194(anchient focus ring) and had played with this ring a while. I hadn't rerolled at the time as I didn't have the mats.

Now that I am looking closer at my gear, until I get a ring with better stats, I am wondering if I should reroll the dmg increase that feels pretty high?

I currently have 413% CD and 48% CDR(+Flow of eternity).

With uliana you want CD everywhere and CDR everywhere except the amulet, go for it
CDR = damage, it has some kind of diminishing return though (since SSS has a base non reducible cooldown, its duration) but it's always better since we're not getting to insanely low cooldown on it

Sober

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom